| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Well, sheesh! If you had just bothered to charge them the correct amount, they wouldn't have had to write the letter and go all that trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Pfft, an apology? They're people who believe in doing what is right in all situations, not saints!

I remember the one time - once - I got an apology from someone who had come in and made a huge drunken emotional scene and hysterically yelled at me the day before. The kicker was I had the next day off and was not present for the one and only apology I have ever received (and likely ever will) in such a disruptive situation (of which there have been plenty). That's how it seems to roll.

At least they make for good stories if nothing else, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

And so begins the yearly begging for exceptions for the Holiday Teas.
We switched up how we sell the tickets. We did it to make my job easier. Less time to sell them, selling them closer to the actual event days and therefore fewer calls about wait list requests and all.
This morning I got a call that involved a lengthy description of their past attendances, a lengthy description of why they are attending this year, and a lengthy set of requests. All before I could tell her that the tickets won't go on sale for another month. Of course, I can sell early can't I? Because of all of the above reasons? Right? Why am I being so unreasonable?

Of course I also predicited that the people who rented the venue last night would be calling asking for their deposit back. I figured I had until Tuesday for that call. Nope. Before 10:30. And she flat out lied about me telling her I would have that check ready. Which means... it gets bumped to the bottom of the pile. (We have a standard 30 day turn around statement in the contract.)

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It's really frustrating when a certain client of ours (one of the doctor offices) decide to close early without telling us. Like, EVERY FRIDAY. So I bug my boss to bug them and confirm that yes, they close much earlier on Fridays than the rest of the week, and hours earlier than they told us previously. And she does this.

They give her hours supposedly just for a few specific Fridays where yes, in fact, they close when they would go to lunch. But claim that the "open til 3pm on Fridays" BS is still the default. Uh-huh. Okay.

Then the next day pops up that we don't have info on aaaand. . . we get calls when we shouldn't. After telling people the hours that we knew to tell them. Callers are understandably pissed. I start getting pissed because being yelled at over something so preventable isn't fun. They don't answer their backline. They're clearly not there. When callers who refused a message call and get us AGAIN it just gets worse. Ugh ugh ugh.

Just asked boss if we can just say they're closed when we get calls after 12:30pm on Fridays. She said only when we have prior info. SIGH.

Also, this is actually semi-relevant to the current rant: one of the callers for this office was pretty grumpy. Which, you know, I get. Obviously. 95% of my frustration is basically being forced to lie to people who are just trying to look out for their freaking health. Also, this lady may not have understood I wasn't with the office since she was using the 2nd person a lot for things the office had done. ANYWHO.

She said her name and it was so rushed and in such an angry tone that I honestly didn't get the last name. Usually, it's easiest for me to just ask for the spelling so I kill two birds with one stone. Usually. She responds/snaps "like the former president." I admit (apologetically!!!) that I asked mainly because I didn't hear her the first time she gave the name. She repeats/SCREAMS "LIKE THE FORMER PRESIDENT!!!!!!!"

Well. That narrows it down to about 41 names - thanks, lady!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:23 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

vijita wrote:
NO. I never signed anything--I didn't even hear from the sales guy ONCE after saying to his face when he was harassing me that we would give it a go. I explained this to this guy's boss and probably got him fired, which I feel bad about, but jesus dude...you are really bad at your job.

Oh my, I maybe know this guy. If it's the same person he did quit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:39 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Arisaig wrote:
vijita wrote:
NO. I never signed anything--I didn't even hear from the sales guy ONCE after saying to his face when he was harassing me that we would give it a go. I explained this to this guy's boss and probably got him fired, which I feel bad about, but jesus dude...you are really bad at your job.

Oh my, I maybe know this guy. If it's the same person he did quit.

Unfortunately in my experience radio ad sales departments are made up of clones of that guy. It's not a job I would want to do, ever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Quote:
Unfortunately in my experience radio ad sales departments are made up of clones of that guy. It's not a job I would want to do, ever.

Ugh, I hate but also sometimes feel sorry for people in those positions, calling and harassing me on the phone. It's so annoying but also I cannot imagine doing that job, and the degree to which you must get verbally abused by people.

My latest: Dear Mr. It's Worth A Shot,

Deleting the page of the paperwork with the fee on it and sending "your" version to Company, instead of back to me for processing like you were instructed to, does not get you out of paying the fee. That's not how this works.

1) Company bounces it back to me for being wrong. Not only are the pages labelled so any idiot could see your paperwork ends with page "5 of 6", but there's a vitally important piece of information on the same page as the fee. So. NICE TRY THERE.
2) OBVIOUSLY I have a spare copy of that page.

You're paying the fee. All you did was cost yourself two weeks you could have had your issue resolved.

He is my new favorite. Narrowly edging out Hardship Lady, who tried to claim a hardship reason for not wanting to pay a fee. Not realizing if I am handling your issue I have access to your account information. I CAN CLEARLY SEE YOU HAVE NINETY FOUR *THOUSAND* DOLLARS. I will take my measly $80 fee now.

Now I remember why I try to keep a continent between me and New Jersey at all times. -torque

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mack, that's amazing. The gall!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:45 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I forking hate it when these kids stand or sit in front of me while I'm trying to help them with something and they are doing these obnoxious open mouthed yawns. So gross.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:21 am 
BAD PASS

I had four days off, but came back to a lovely voicemail from a woman who could not fathom why she would have to wait in line on a Saturday afternoon at one of the top 10 breweries in North America the same day there's a craft beer festival happening a few blocks away (it is our actual busiest day of the year!). Her outrage was enough to power a small village. She is from Orange County, California and assured my voicemail that there's no way that would EVER happen at the breweries near her home in Orange County, thankyouverymuch. She just canNOT believe we are so bad at customer service that we observe maximum occupancy laws by not allowing people to just come stand at the bar in our very small restaurant.

(In the event we DID have standing room, it also would have been full because there was a line, but, hey, who am I to use logic and understand the way restaurants work? She's from Orange County!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:49 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Someone from another law office emailed me this morning about a file we both worked on that closed 2 weeks ago. Not 45 seconds after emailing me, she calls me to follow up on the email. :/ I literally hadn't had a chance to even open my file to take a look when she called and so tried to make it as awkward as possible with long pauses while I found and opened documents, saying, "Sorry, I didn't have time to even open my file before you called."

At the end of the call, I said that I would need to check in with my office's client and that I would get back to her when I'd figured it out with them, probably in the next day or two. I asked her twice during the call to please EMAIL me with any further concerns, as I handle a lot of files and really prefer to use email because it ensures I have a record of what's happened. 2 hours later, she FAXES me to ask if I've got it sorted out yet, so then I got to send an even snarkier email saying that I was working on it but that I was unlikely to have an answer until tomorrow or the following day, and that if she had any further questions or follow up to please email me and await a response.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:19 pm 
BAD PASS

I just hung up on a woman who was yelling at me and now I'm waiting for her to call back and ask to speak to my boss or something. She'll probably just write a one star Yelp review, though.

We are switching gift card companies because of a security breach issue, so we don't have any right now. She needs one RIGHT NOW, but, like...sorry? We don't have them due to the reasons I just explained. Nothing I can do about it. But sure, yell at me. That might help.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:30 pm 
Total Hoover

A service user aggressively told me that he would fart in my face.

And then did so.

People are delightful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GreenDuck wrote:

And then did so.

People are delightful.

Woah! That's pretty darn unpleasant!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:56 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

GreenDuck wrote:

And then did so.

People are delightful.

this is amazing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:05 pm 
Total Hoover

Moon wrote:
GreenDuck wrote:

And then did so.

People are delightful.

this is amazing

I had to laugh. (I thought he also called me a "Hoover" which is a wonderfully bizarre insult, but then I realised I had probably misheard "hoor" (hors d'oeuvre), which is one of his favourite terms.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

A trainee was super rude to my colleague and wouldn't listen to what she was saying, part of which was "I can't actually help you with the thing you're asking about". She put him through to me and he argued with me for a while. The issue was that he was supposed to do an online learning module which is a requirement of all members of staff at all levels (from a band 1 to the Medical Director), and because he hadn't done it he couldn't get his password reset. He tried to play the "patients are dying" card to, I don't know, convince me to make up that he'd done it. Like I honestly don't know what he expected from me because I'm not the one who made the rules. That was the Information Commissioner's Office. After 2-3 phone calls and an email, I finally told him he could've done it in the time he spent arguing with us because I was over it and I'm probably about to start my period. He hung up on me. But he did eventually complete it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 am 
Total Hoover

A service user kicked me in the throat on Saturday evening. It was painful for a quite a long time, during which he continued to try to hit me and bite me, and swore at me quite creatively. At one point he was waving his fists so hard I was afraid he was going to fall out of his chair- that was scary.

That wasn't a good day in general. Among the many things which happened, the worst was that a service user's cathetar bag somehow became disconnected while we were transferring her (I think it must have got caught in the hoist somehow?) and as it pinged off her urine splashed across my face and mouth. I get REALLY bothered by potentially germy things in my mouth so that was fairly traumatic for me. I rushed to the sink, took my gloves, off scrubbed my hands with anti-bacterial soap and water, scrubbed my face with antibacterial soap and water and only then felt I could open my mouth to reassure the other staff member (we got another member of staff to come in and finish up so I could go wash my hands, arms, face and mouth again and take part of my break). I felt so gross.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am 
BAD PASS

GreenDuck wrote:
A service user kicked me in the throat on Saturday evening. It was painful for a quite a long time, during which he continued to try to hit me and bite me, and swore at me quite creatively. At one point he was waving his fists so hard I was afraid he was going to fall out of his chair- that was scary.

That wasn't a good day in general. Among the many things which happened, the worst was that a service user's cathetar bag somehow became disconnected while we were transferring her (I think it must have got caught in the hoist somehow?) and as it pinged off her urine splashed across my face and mouth. I get REALLY bothered by potentially germy things in my mouth so that was fairly traumatic for me. I rushed to the sink, took my gloves, off scrubbed my hands with anti-bacterial soap and water, scrubbed my face with antibacterial soap and water and only then felt I could open my mouth to reassure the other staff member (we got another member of staff to come in and finish up so I could go wash my hands, arms, face and mouth again and take part of my break). I felt so gross.

Okay, well, I was coming to complain about how the people who bought tickets to our beer dinner tonight are emailing me because they didn't receive tickets in the mail, even though it says RIGHT THERE that tickets won't be mailed out, but...yours is infinitely more horrible! Infinitely!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:45 am 
Total Hoover

Hollie wrote:
Okay, well, I was coming to complain about how the people who bought tickets to our beer dinner tonight are emailing me because they didn't receive tickets in the mail, even though it says RIGHT THERE that tickets won't be mailed out, but...yours is infinitely more horrible! Infinitely!

It was not a good day. Yours still counts though!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had to find this thread again, because we've had two great customer interactions in the past week.

The first one was a man who called (thank goodness I wasn't the one who answered the phone, bc I do not think I could have kept a straight face) and very seriously asked, "If a dog bit me and then I had sex with my girlfriend, could she get rabies?"

The second was a couple who showed up to meet one of our cats, a little grey and white shorthair. When they saw the cat in person, they looked disappointed and said, "Oh we thought she was going to be green. She looked green in the picture we saw online." THEY THOUGHT THE CAT WAS GOING TO BE GREEN.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Do you mean to tell me that "tortoise shell" fur DOESNT mean green like a turtle??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:49 am 
BAD PASS

They............thought the cat was going to be green.

Okay, speechless over here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:05 pm 
Grandfathered In

Did they also think the cat was going to be two-dimensional and foldable?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

They were probably shocked that the cat wasn't really three inches tall, like on their monitor.

They left without filling out an application. Which is probably a good thing. I'm not sure I want any of our animals living with people who think green cats exist.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next