| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:04 am 
Impressive boner

Person who was advised not to call us, called us. I reminded them of this as they were going into badly remembered/informed details of an incident where they'd threatened to kill someone then terminated the call.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

torque wrote:
having just cleaned a kind of skanky copper tubing beer-chilling thing, may i suggest you fill a bucket with enough water to cover them plus a few inches, add in about a half a cup of vinegar, and let it sit for a while? i don't know what it will do to the other coins but it should take most of the shlerp off of the pennies.

ETA: looking at the pic, okay, maybe try it scaled down in a mug (a cup water to 2T vinegar, maybe). it made my copper tubes shiny and pretty... and you won't have to touch the pennies.

I will try that! I definitely don't want to foist them on the bank tellers in this condition.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Message left on our answering machine tonight:

"Hi, I was wondering if you guys could catch a squirrel? Cuz I really want a squirrel. I always wanted a squirrel since I was like five, but my mother always said, "No, no squirrels." So if you could catch a squirrel and give it to me, that would be really nice. Please call me back."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Message left on our answering machine tonight:

"Hi, I was wondering if you guys could catch a squirrel? Cuz I really want a squirrel. I always wanted a squirrel since I was like five, but my mother always said, "No, no squirrels." So if you could catch a squirrel and give it to me, that would be really nice. Please call me back."

Did they sound...five and a half? Otherwise, eeeep.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

They did sound young, but not small child young! Also had a southern accent, which means they were probably trying to reach Milton Florida animal control. (We get calls from FL all the forking time. Apparently people just google "Milton animal control" and don't notice the area code when our number comes up.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:12 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I don't think the court will be very happy that we are rescheduling a hearing (for the 4th time) because the client has non-refundable cruise tickets. I really hope the court says stuff it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

kfad wrote:
I don't think the court will be very happy that we are rescheduling a hearing (for the 4th time) because the client has non-refundable cruise tickets. I really hope the court says stuff it.

...and that didn't come up at the time of the 3rd reschedule? Or did this guy actually buy non-refundable cruise tickets for a date when he knew he was supposed to go to court?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
kfad wrote:

...and that didn't come up at the time of the 3rd reschedule? Or did this guy actually buy non-refundable cruise tickets for a date when he knew he was supposed to go to court?

I wish I knew that answer. Although it would make no difference. The court was already irked at the third reschedule.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 am 
Bathes in Braggs

kfad wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
kfad wrote:

I wish I knew that answer. Although it would make no difference. The court was already irked at the third reschedule.

But judges love that sort of thing, and they can be so sympathetic.

Seriously though, don't people watch tv? Cranky judges are not fiction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Don't call wanting a free consult and then get mad when I a) tell you that I can't schedule you an appt. until tomorrow and b) insist that you come in the office. Additionally do not demand that I interrupt the lawyer on his current call, because that is how you have always done it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Dear customer at checkout: if you see a fellow customer with impaired mobility arrive at the checkout at a similar time to yourself it would be more helpful to offer to let her go ahead than to obliviously barge in front, eye her walking cane up fishily and then try to grab her shopping basket completely out of the blue, saying "you need help" (not sure if this was a statement or a question, but no, I didn't need help, thanks!).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:38 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

what the fizzle! hope she nailed him with her cane.

ETA: this is why i can never have a cane. the month or so i needed one when i hurt my knee, the temptation was just too great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I always specifically ask my customers if they need their dogs done at a certain time or if I should just call when they're ready. Every dog is dropped off during the first three hours we're open in the morning, and I prioritize based on whether people need to pick up at a certain time, who got there first, who's going to daycare vs. sitting in a crate all day, etc. This is how I organize my day before I get started, and if I'm completely full for the day, some dogs will be there until 5:00 PM. Inevitably, someone will call after their dog has been there for a couple hours asking if they're ready yet. They're normally not upset-sounding, but it's incredibly frustrating and makes me feel rushed, even though they had the opportunity to tell me they'd like to pick up earlier, especially since sometimes their dog wasn't even going to be next or the next one after that. Is this rude on their part, or am I reading too much into it? Do they just not believe me when I say "I'll call when they're ready"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:33 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I think that if you say you will call when the dog is ready and if the dog(s) is always ready by closing it is rude and impatient on their part. It would be one thing if you gave a time estimate. But since it sounds like you aren't, they are being a bit rude.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

I don't know, creep. If they're not upset or acting rude maybe they just don't have a frame of reference to put your question in so they don't know how long is reasonable to wait? I wonder if it would work to tell people "Hey, I'm really full today so it might be as late as 5. Do you need to pick Fluffy up earlier or should I just call you when I'm done?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Generally speaking, the dogs who are there later are daycare dogs who get picked up in the evening anyway, so most of the time, they're non-daycare customers calling around midday, not later in the evening. I do give people a vague estimate (early afternoon, mid-afternoon, etc.) most of the time though, and if I'm running behind and it's getting late, I call and update people.

I don't know though! I try not to let it get to me, but it does.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh well, yeah, if you're giving them an estimate and calling to update if it's getting past that, then yeah... rude.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

torque wrote:

ETA: this is why i can never have a cane. the month or so i needed one when i hurt my knee, the temptation was just too great.

Yeah. I was just dumbfounded at the time. It was when I was walking home that I felt like seeing how smashy it could get. The cane is a relatively recent thing I'm having to use, not used to it or it's social repercussions yet!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:09 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Started the day out by pepper spraying someone at my office door! Who needs coffee to wake you up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

dropscone wrote:
torque wrote:

Yeah. I was just dumbfounded at the time. It was when I was walking home that I felt like seeing how smashy it could get. The cane is a relatively recent thing I'm having to use, not used to it or it's social repercussions yet!

I had to use a can fulltime for a couple of years, and it did change how people interacted with me! Thankfully no one came close to touching me or my cane, or they would have been sorry. But people were friendlier in general and insisted I go to the front of lines. So while I felt like crepe, it did seem to bring out the caring in others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Started the day out by pepper spraying someone at my office door! Who needs coffee to wake you up?

Oh no! Are you okay? I work down the hall from a sex offender treatment group and I'm frequently the first one at my office so I worry about that a lot. Yuck.

I have been out of the office more than usually lately (court/conferences, parents in town, sick, etc) and I have some clients who continue to call multiple times a day leaving voicemails. I call back when I'm in and it usually goes to their voicemail, but I explain my schedule, try to answer the question if I know it, etc. Then they continue the same schedule of calling 3-5 times per day. What is so hard to understand that I do not answer the phone at 6am, 6pm, or when I'm doing something else? Calling repeatedly does not help anyone. I fantasize about going Office Space on my telephone frequently...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Fizzgig wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

Oh no! Are you okay?

I'm fine! He was wearing glasses so unfortunately I didn't get a good shot, but his nostrils ought to be burning still...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:56 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

General FYI: If you're calling me for information such as a phone number or multi-step driving directions in a city with which you're admittedly unfamiliar, HAVE A PEN AT THE READY.

I just gave directions to someone who, by the third step, broke in to say "I should probably be writing this down, hold on."

.___.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

We were left a very stinky, very heavy box of something I am hoping is not a severed head. It isn't dripping, so I think we are okay. But I am so not opening that.

The person who left it frequently leaves things out side the door. But usually they are just envelopes addressed to "Sheik so and so " or "judge whoever". The giant box is concerning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:07 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

jeebus. that is horrible. what do you do, call the police? (do you have an intern to open the box?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 74  Next