| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:15 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Ha!

My boyfriend is selling some bike parts on ebay, and some dude emailed him yesterday to ask that he stop the auction and sell it to him instead. BF responded saying that the auction was going well, and that because bids were higher than expected, he was going to throw in some extras for the winner, so the guy should keep bidding. He then got 6 increasingly aggressive emails asking why he hadn't stopped the auction and sent this guy the parts.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 am 
Lime and a Coconut

blondiefk wrote:
A potential adopter emailed us 39 times over two days about adopting a dog from us. She isn't listening to our explanation about doing reference checks and home visit but sent us a 40th email asking when she is getting the dog. Um, never?

"Your chances of adopting a dog went down 5% for every email you sent us in excess of the first three and you are now ineligible. Goodbye."

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

jordanpattern wrote:
Ha!

My boyfriend is selling some bike parts on ebay, and some dude emailed him yesterday to ask that he stop the auction and sell it to him instead. BF responded saying that the auction was going well, and that because bids were higher than expected, he was going to throw in some extras for the winner, so the guy should keep bidding. He then got 6 increasingly aggressive emails asking why he hadn't stopped the auction and sent this guy the parts.

Wow, some people are so self-entitled. Was he going to go far above the current bid price or did he try to just stop it at the current price?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Hollie wrote:
A guy ordered a hoodie from our online store. I packed it up and sent it to him the next day. It's been a week since I mailed it, and according to the tracking number, it is now at a post office he says is 5 minutes from his house in California.

He has sent me three emails asking what he should do.

I had this one shitty temp job supervising logistics for this bro-tastic college events company (I know, it was painfully awkward) and part of the job was sending out tents, prizes, promo materials, etc. to various FedEx stores around the country so local "coordinators" (usually a student of the college where the event was taking place) could pick it up with a U-Haul we'd paid for, do their event, and then take it back to FedEx and ship it to the next location. I had one guy call me from DC because the FedEx location the stuff was shipped to was not the closest FedEx to his house and he wanted us to have it sent that one instead. Keep in mind, the distance between 'desired' pick up and 'actual' pick up was 4 miles. And he had the aforementioned U-Haul.

So I said "I'm sorry, but we chose that location because it's the closest FedEx to the campus where the event is. Your event is tomorrow, and if we were to re-send the materials to the other FedEx location, it would necessitate them sending the packages back to the sorting facility and then re-sending them to the other location, which wouldn't be accomplished until after the scheduled end of your event."

Him: *siiiiiigh* "it's just really inconvenient."

Did I mention he was getting paid to do this?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 am 
Lime and a Coconut

bastah wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
Ha!

Wow, some people are so self-entitled. Was he going to go far above the current bid price or did he try to just stop it at the current price?

Is this guy unfamiliar with the concept of eBay? Or with the general concepts of "auctions" or "bids"?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Apparently? I'm looking forward to receiving updates as the situation unfolds.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

jordanpattern wrote:
Apparently? I'm looking forward to receiving updates as the situation unfolds.

I kind of am too!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:29 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Yeah, this is a drag-assy Friday. I think D needs to forward you the email so you can post them verbatim ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Hollie wrote:
A guy ordered a hoodie from our online store. I packed it up and sent it to him the next day. It's been a week since I mailed it, and according to the tracking number, it is now at a post office he says is 5 minutes from his house in California.

He has sent me three emails asking what he should do.

I had this one shitty temp job supervising logistics for this bro-tastic college events company (I know, it was painfully awkward) and part of the job was sending out tents, prizes, promo materials, etc. to various FedEx stores around the country so local "coordinators" (usually a student of the college where the event was taking place) could pick it up with a U-Haul we'd paid for, do their event, and then take it back to FedEx and ship it to the next location. I had one guy call me from DC because the FedEx location the stuff was shipped to was not the closest FedEx to his house and he wanted us to have it sent that one instead. Keep in mind, the distance between 'desired' pick up and 'actual' pick up was 4 miles. And he had the aforementioned U-Haul.

So I said "I'm sorry, but we chose that location because it's the closest FedEx to the campus where the event is. Your event is tomorrow, and if we were to re-send the materials to the other FedEx location, it would necessitate them sending the packages back to the sorting facility and then re-sending them to the other location, which wouldn't be accomplished until after the scheduled end of your event."

Him: *siiiiiigh* "it's just really inconvenient."

Did I mention he was getting paid to do this?

Everyone is terrible. And you wanna just say "Well, *I* think it's really inconvenient that you keep bothering me with something you could easily solve on your own, buddy, but guess that's just my opinion."

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:10 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Yeah, this is a drag-assy Friday. I think D needs to forward you the email so you can post them verbatim ;)

I wish! He's wrenching away in the bike mines today, so he's not very entertaining for either of us. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:54 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Stuff to do? As in, actual work? WHAT. EVER!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:56 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Today i got to use the line I've been saving for a special occasion (and some other choice words after it):
"I'm a revisor, not a miracle worker." Too bad there are only about 3 trekkies in this country and i can't send an accent through an email, because i really wanted it to be in a scottish accent.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

torque wrote:
Today i got to use the line I've been saving for a special occasion (and some other choice words after it):
"I'm a revisor, not a miracle worker." Too bad there are only about 3 trekkies in this country and i can't send an accent through an email, because i really wanted it to be in a scottish accent.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Stuff to do? As in, actual work? WHAT. EVER!

I got the update! The guy sent a duplicate of his earlier email demanding that D send him the Paypal invoice for the parts (which, again, D is not stopping his auction and selling to him). D has decided to ignore.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

jordanpattern wrote:
Another day, another lawyer who didn't take even a single look at the documents sent to him by our office, and therefore not knowing the date his client was expecting to take possession of their new home, and therefore not having funds/title transfers ready.

That totally happened to us, and we almost lost the house. It really sucked.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

well, star trek reference or not, i've told this client to go fork himself. even though it is a $3000 project i've wasted a week of my life on and will need to get my carpal tunnels looked at again. the client "doesn't like the way it sounds". The original was crepe, so garbage in: garbage out. My comment about making miracles was completely disregarded, apparently. bummer.
i am finishing work for my other, nice clients, and taking this week off. i can't stand the drama in this field (the agencies try to fork you six ways to sunday, and your colleagues are paranoid and backstabbing. you can't win) even though I love writing and translating more than anything else I've ever done. Maybe this week I can spend a day coming up with some new career direction I hadn't thought of yet.

I feel like usually things come in waves- a run of good luck, a run of bad. I am about ready for this tidal wave of shiitake to go the fork back out to sea.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I wasn't at work today, so I missed seeing this one personally. A strange man was hanging around the street and parking lot outside the shelter for about 2 hours. Then he left and apparently flagged down a postal worker and gave him an envelope to deliver to the shelter. The postal worker said. "I can't deliver this. It has no stamps," and the guy said, "No no, it's okay. I work at the animal shelter. Just give it to them." So when the mail was being delivered, the mailman went inside the shelter and said, "Hey this random guy gave me this, and the whole situation weirded me out, and I have no idea what to do with this, but he said he worked here." And the staff was like "Nooo, he does not." They opened the envelope, and this letter was inside:

Quote:
This is a warning! Do you know that 45% of boys over fourteen are playing the knockout game for no reason when police are not around, you can buy as many as seven dogs today because boys over 14 are going up to strangers and punching people in stomach, balls and faces and backside, these dogs will protect you from bad guy, if a dog saw any guy approach you, dogs will react by barking. Other dogs have back rock bone. If any men went up to a women walking her dog or by her, her dog will react. Dogs can sense danger, If a man came toward you with a baseball bat, your dog will jumping and attack any attacker. If any guys punch you and your dog does nothing for the first time, wait for the second time. These dogs will listen to every commend. [Caution] Do not abuse your dog or any other puppies in any way, you can yell at your dog but if you hit your dog or kick any other dogs, these dogs will turn on you and attack you and kill you, if you dog watch anything video on animal cruelty with your dog, your dog will disown you, or run from you. If your kids are scared of dogs, tell your kids not to run from dogs or dogs will chase. If you're going shopping where pets are not allowed, don't trust anyone to hold your dogs, just put them outside. If you have a van, you can teach your dogs how to open doors or windows. If you can't afford these dogs, find them on the street or go on MapQuest or Google map and type in animal shelters or go on craigslist or Angie'slist.com and you'll find them. If you work at animal shelter, you can buy dogs; you can choose to walk dogs everyday. If you show this paper to anybody, you might not get a job at Animal Shelters.

The top of the paper had photos (obviously taken from various websites) of people with black eyes and such, and the bottom had photos of smiling women with dogs.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:00 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Wow! Just Wow.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:10 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

glad you have friends in law enforcement......

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

I don't even.............wat. Who knew shelters got so many crazy people.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:28 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So today is our adoption event at Petco. The woman who sent 39+ emails called three times and now has shown up. The head of the rescue just needs to tell no way are we adopting to her. (We explained we had other applications that came in before hers but she will not be deterred.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

blondiefk wrote:
So today is our adoption event at Petco. The woman who sent 39+ emails called three times and now has shown up. The head of the rescue just needs to tell no way are we adopting to her. (We explained we had other applications that came in before hers but she will not be deterred.

Please tell me she went home empty handed.

My dear callers, if you are not willing to book a $35 consult (which is the cheapest in town by at least $15) then I am pretty certain you are a payment risk. I will treat you as such. Getting made because he won't give you "two minutes" (which we both know means the 1/2 hour you would get with a consult) is just going to tick off a lot of perspective lawyers. So, no, I won't take your message.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

A cat was adopted yesterday and then brought back today, because "he grabbed my leg and his weebie was out". HIS WEEBIE.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 68  Next