| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
We had an angry man call because he wanted us to remove a family of foxes from his street. We told him it is illegal in Massachusetts to trap and relocate healthy wildlife. He started yelling that "it is ILLEGAL for wildlife to be in a residential area!" So, we should go give those foxes a ticket, I guess. Then he got really angry and said that he was going to "report you to Giuliani!". Rudy Giuliani? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

Wow. I think a lot of people don't actually understand the definition of illegal. Also, foxes, yay! I bet they'd be awesome neighbours. (The foxes.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

bodhi wrote:
We had an angry man call because he wanted us to remove a family of foxes from his street. We told him it is illegal in Massachusetts to trap and relocate healthy wildlife. He started yelling that "it is ILLEGAL for wildlife to be in a residential area!" So, we should go give those foxes a ticket, I guess. Then he got really angry and said that he was going to "report you to Giuliani!". Rudy Giuliani? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

Wow. I think a lot of people don't actually understand the definition of illegal. Also, foxes, yay! I bet they'd be awesome neighbours. (The foxes.)

Seriously. I think I would wet myself from excitement if there were a family of foxes living in my neighborhood.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

lepelaar wrote:
bodhi wrote:

Seriously. I think I would wet myself from excitement if there were a family of foxes living in my neighborhood.

... until they start screeching/screwing at 3am. No matter how many nights in a row it happens, it will always wake you in terror. You will never not be creeped out by those noises.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

lepelaar wrote:
bodhi wrote:

Not to derail the thread, but my mom has foxes living maybe in her yard! A while ago she called to tell me that one ran right by her when she was gardening!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
... until they start screeching/screwing at 3am. No matter how many nights in a row it happens, it will always wake you in terror. You will never not be creeped out by those noises.

Yeah... I kind of figured there was a reason one might not want them living nearby, but we don't have any in my neighbourhood, so I'm pretty oblivious to what issues there are living near them. That does sound terrifying!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:01 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

raspberrycomplaint: Could you also ticket the squirrel that's been hanging out on my air conditioner then? I kind of feel like you could hand it to him, and he would take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hanging out on air conditioners is a 20 acorn fine!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have this customer with a standard poodle who will complain about something NO MATTER WHAT. It's never something I can fix. It's often the price. I will spend hours (like, I've spent 3 hours on this one groom before) making her dog look amazing, and she never compliments the groom. She always wants his nails shorter and will ask "DID SHE EVEN DO HIS NAILS?" to the counter, when I clip them and dremmel them as short as possible, because I know she's very particular. Yesterday she complained about the price and said "I guess I shouldn't have paid for such an expensive haircut on a rainy day!" This was after I allowed her to come in over an hour late because she had car trouble, and she still expected him to be done at the same time as usual AND have time to play in daycare.

Dear world, please do not get a standard poodle if you don't want to pay for a $100 haircut at least every other month. I really wish breeders would emphasize how often and how expensive it is for poodles to be groomed before people buy one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:33 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I've been working jobs that attract various weirdos for quite some time now, but today was remarkable, even for me. One of the attorneys in my office came in early in the morning, wide-eyed, to say "Oh man, I just saw the drunkest guy I've ever seen in my life." She said he was swaying side to side, carrying a bag with a six-pack of beer in one hand and a bag with some sort of food in the other. He was overpoweringly smelly and had a shitstain running halfway down one leg. She said she never does this (and it's often kind of impossible in San Francisco), but she actually crossed the street to avoid him.

So naturally, he entered the reception area ten minutes later. So drunk he could not speak. I had to get up from my desk and step back for fear he would projectile vomit over me. I was standing six feet away because that's how far away I had to be not to smell vomit. He tossed a twenty dollar bill down and then grabbed a pen and post-it that were sitting on the counter above my work station and started scrawling a note to the senior attorney. Meanwhile, the attorney who'd seen him earlier came out of the bathroom and froze when she saw him (the way our office is positioned, I could see her but he could not). She mouthed "is that him!?" and I nodded.

It ended with both of us repeating various iterations of "sir, you need to leave." He grabbed his beer and food and shuffled off, giving me a generous view of his soiled rear end. If there are small blessings in this world, one of them is that he shat himself long enough ago that there was no danger of any of it getting onto our floor. It's the little things I live for, really. I'm amazed he made it both in and out of the office, given we are up a flight of stairs and he was blindingly drunk.

Did I mention all this was before 10 am? Good times.

ETA: He left the note and the twenty. We put it in a baggie because it smelled.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Wow. I'm curious what his note said. What reason would he possibly have for coming into an attorney's office when he was clearly that drunk?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 am 
Lime and a Coconut

It said "To [Attorney] from Jose." The 'Jose' is questionable, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It was surprisingly legible given his state. As for the twenty, it's entirely likely that the attorney (an old hippie well-known in the neighborhood) gave him a twenty the day before (or ten years ago for all I know) and he was hell-bent on repaying his debt.

Or he's just crazy drunk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

You guys make me very very happy that I don't work at a counter anywhere. I feel for you! Erika, your shiitake stain dude sounds horrifying :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I get so frustrated with customers complaining about the price of grooming. Is that a tacky thing to do, or am I just being sensitive?

I've groomed this lady's dog twice, and both times, she asked the front desk "Is that what the price will be every time?" We even had a long discussion when she dropped off about the fact that doodles need to be groomed very frequently, and it's a bummer because it costs a lot of money, and breeders don't necessarily let people know that when they buy a dog. She actually expressed that she probably wouldn't have if she'd known the cost involved. She's a nice lady and really likes my grooms, but she could easily find a place that would do it for $10-15 less, so I wish she'd just suck it up and pay without complaining or go somewhere cheaper. It makes me really uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

creep wrote:
I get so frustrated with customers complaining about the price of grooming. Is that a tacky thing to do, or am I just being sensitive?

That's extremely tacky, not just for groomers but for anyone who is providing a service. It's insulting to question someone's pricing in a business setting like that. You shouldn't have to justify your need to earn a living to your customers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:20 pm 
WRETCHED

Maybe they should groom their dogs themselves if they don't like the price but either you accept the price or you don't (and go elsewhere/do it yourself).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think it makes me most uncomfortable because she doesn't phrase it as "The price is too high," but as "I just can't afford it" and "Will that always be the price?" Like I'm making her live in poverty for charging market price for a service that she chooses to pay for.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
I think it makes me most uncomfortable because she doesn't phrase it as "The price is too high," but as "I just can't afford it" and "Will that always be the price?" Like I'm making her live in poverty for charging market price for a service that she chooses to pay for.

I have people do this with pet sitting. I understand sometimes people have to go away for family emergencies when money is tight but most are going on vacation. If you can afford to go to Europe you can afford to pay me my rates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

yes, i hear that with my line of work too. "but it's so expensive." yes, well, so are lawyers and plumbers and nobody's surprised about that. In the end those clients who complain are almost never worth making happy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

torque wrote:
yes, i hear that with my line of work too. "but it's so expensive." yes, well, so are lawyers and plumbers and nobody's surprised about that.

I've seen plenty of surprised people at the law office where I work :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
torque wrote:
yes, i hear that with my line of work too. "but it's so expensive." yes, well, so are lawyers and plumbers and nobody's surprised about that.

Yeah, I mean, I've overheard people complain about this kind of thing at the damned laundromat even. I think the moral of the story is people are crassholes who like to complain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That reminds me, I work at a thrift store (at least for one more week before I go work at a hotel), and we started buying stuff liquidated from a big franchise store that's known for being cheap, lets say, at cost. They let us know what they were selling it for and we mark it at least 25% below their price. So its pretty cheap for new clothes! Sometimes we get fancy items in, but most things are under twenty bucks.

But a lot of people come in and try to tell us "It is so much cheaper at [store we bought it from]!"

Also I've gotten a lot of people complaining since Canada got rid of pennies and they argue with me over a few cents when I have to round up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
torque wrote:

suprised, or scared shiitake-less? [sorry, you have a point, but i just couldn't help myself considering the circumstances....]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I don't think people are even necessarily surprised but they know that sometimes complaining about the price will get you stuff cheaper. Works at my job. Which I hate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

This is not my client... but this happens in my best friends office.

She works in a law office. One lawyer, tiny office. It is literally her and the lawyer. There is a poor homeless woman who thinks herself a messenger. So she is always delivering things to the office. Things like a shoe with a note in it. A box of toiletries that smelled like poo. Yesterday it was a stack of priority boxes that were all addressed to various people including the head of the CIA.
Today she left a note on a random mans car telling him that he had gotten into an accident and to report to the law office. He did and was terribly confused, as he did not remember the accident. Turns out she does this every so often.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

torque wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
torque wrote:

suprised, or scared shiitake-less? [sorry, you have a point, but i just couldn't help myself considering the circumstances....]

I may have been yelled at about 45 cents once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 63  Next