| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:46 pm 
Impressive boner

I took a safeguarding call (where we take details of alleged abuses being perpetrated against vulnerable people) however the caller actually wanted to talk about her knee replacements and a vacuum cleaner repeatedly for two hours instead of anything to do with the vulnerable adult. She called back a week later to talk about the knee replacements and vacuum cleaner again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

creep wrote:
I actually had a customer complain to the front desk that I was rude to her on the phone, when I had to call to tell her that her dog was matted. It's not like I say "YOU NEVER BRUSH YOUR DOG." It's always something along the lines of "Hey, I just started working on Fluffy. He's pretty matted, so he'll have to get a short haircut." So they at least have the option to come get their dog if they don't believe me. (only happened once... they came back to daycare a week later, shaved somewhere else) Maybe I'm supposed to apologize for having to shave their dog. I don't know.

When I adopted Sable, her coat was in such bad shape that we took her right to the groomer. The groomer called us at home, and said, "Hi... I have some bad news about your dog, Sable." Of course I immediately thought that something terrible had happened and my dog was dead. But nope, she was just telling us that she would have to shave Sable down. I wish she had just said, "Hi, your dog is matted"!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We got a little pomeranian in as a stray today. I went out to clean the kennels, and by the time I got back in the office there was a message on the answering machine from the man who had lost the pomeranian. I called him to tell him that we had his dog. The outgoing message on his voicemail was "This is Big Daddy. Leave a message and I'll get back to ya. Capisce?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
We got a little pomeranian in as a stray today. I went out to clean the kennels, and by the time I got back in the office there was a message on the answering machine from the man who had lost the pomeranian. I called him to tell him that we had his dog. The outgoing message on his voicemail was "This is Big Daddy. Leave a message and I'll get back to ya. Capisce?"

I love that "Big Daddy" has a floofy little Pomeranian. That's cute.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:41 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Gasp! Guess who was on People of Walmart today?

I'm starting to think Big Daddy is a force to be reckoned with, here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:56 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

Best ever!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had a frustrating day yesterday. I already had 2 dogs that had to be done by 4:00. Mostly, I just call people as I finish grooms, unless they've specified a pick-up time already. I was already rushing to finish, and I had a different customer call at 2:30 and say that she absolutely had to have her two dogs (a mini schnauzer and a mini golden doodle) done at the same time as the other two that I was already rushing to finish. I told her it would really be pushing it, and that I probably couldn't do it, and she was like "well I'll be there at 3:45 just in case!" I finished by 3:45, pulling off what should've been an hour and a half groom in 45 minutes, and they actually looked alright, but I was super stressed about it. None of the customers picked up until after 4:30, and one was closer to 5:00.

They ended up tipping like an obscene amount, but I just want to be like, "please don't do that to me!" I'm actually really flexible as far as time goes, as long as people just let me know in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:23 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

creep wrote:
I finished by 3:45, pulling off what should've been an hour and a half groom in 45 minutes, and they actually looked alright, but I was super stressed about it. None of the customers picked up until after 4:30, and one was closer to 5:00.

UGH SO RUDE. I'm glad you at least got tipped for your trouble, but jeez.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:28 am 
WELFARIST!

This is a combo Very Special Customer/challenging my feminism moment from work yesterday. I was alone for my first hour at the HFS. I love working alone, but when people have questions about supplements, I'm still really shaky on it because the section is ginormous and there are approximately one million bottles of all sorts of things, which makes finding stuff difficult, especially when I don't know if we even have it in the first place. Two older men were asking me questions at the same time, so I was looking all over for several different things (successfully finding some of them!), but I just got stumped on the last thing one man wanted. I told him that my coworker, who knows more about the supplements than me, would be there in about 10 minutes if he was willing to wait, then apologized for not being more helpful. In a totally neutral tone. And he told me to calm down!

!!!!!!!!!!!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i would be very happy if the phrase "calm down" disappeared from the language altogether. maybe i can start a campaign to replace them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

allularpunk wrote:
I told him that my coworker, who knows more about the supplements than me, would be there in about 10 minutes if he was willing to wait, then apologized for not being more helpful. In a totally neutral tone. And he told me to calm down!

!!!!!!!!!!!

See, this is the point where I would probably get fired, because I would look at him, unblinking, and say "I am calm, sir. Would you like to see me otherwise?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

are you sure he didn't mean it as a synonym for "don't be nervous, i'm not a demanding customer"?

if they're elderly guys, they're probably more familiar with and fine with having to wait for stuff than the "instant gratification" generations.

people word things badly all the time. (gourd knows i do that when i am speaking to someone in person. even online, i'm prone to wording things horribly.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ehhh, it was definitely in a 'calm down, sweetheart' condescending sort of way. Either way, any time a man tells me to calm down when I think I'm being perfectly rational and calm, it rankles me. He was more like in his 60s, so not that elderly.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:09 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

aah! ok, yeah, condescension is no good. bleh. fork him!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Today the same girl called 4 times to reschedule an appointment. I understand the first reschedule, but three more times, one right after the other? I understand you are worried that this legal stuff will get away from you. But that is why you are calling here in the first place.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Last Saturday, I had a man actually physically grab my shoulder and tell me, "No, no, I'll carry the amplifier."
I gave him such a look and said, "Oh, no, I will, sir."
Still, he didn't let go, and he repeated, "I'll carry it."
"No, sir, this is my job and I will carry this two thousand dollar amplifier. Let go of me now."

I hate when people assume I cannot perform the duties of my job, much less when they touch me.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

missdelaney wrote:
Last Saturday, I had a man actually physically grab my shoulder and tell me, "No, no, I'll carry the amplifier."
"No, sir, this is my job and I will carry this two thousand dollar amplifier. Let go of me now."

I hate when people assume I cannot perform the duties of my job, much less when they touch me.

Gah, yes. So we have some overhead storage for bikes at work, and frankly, the hooks are about 3" to tall for me to access well, but I can get most bikes pretty ok if I stand on my tiptoes, BUT FOR forks SAKE I AM NOT VERY STABLE STANDING THAT WAY, so please, do not stand right next to/behind me and offer to help, because you may well get smacked in the head with your bike.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

missdelaney wrote:

Ugh, the touching! There was a regular "customer" in the store where I used to work who was way overly friendly to everyone. (I put "customer" in scare quotes because I don't know if he ever bought anything. I think he just liked to come in an get in everyone's face and have his presence acknowledged.) One day I was putting up books at the top of the stairs and wasn't facing him and as a "greeting", he grabbed my upper arm really hard and said (in Dutch) "Hey girl, how are you doing?" It totally startled me and really pissed me off. I really wish I had said something right away like "Please don't touch me", but it happened so quickly that he was gone by the time I had processed my feeling about the situation. After that I refused to interact with him beyond cursory politeness. Didn't make eye contact. Answered his questions as succinctly as possible without smiling. Basically anything to discourage him from his assuming he could be that familiar with me.

In other news, I've only been working at the new job for two days, and I can already tell I'll have plenty of material for this thread. Ah, bookstores!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We were unlucky enough to have a litter of kittens hit the adoption floor just in time for the christmas season. Cue a flood of people wanting to "buy" a kitten as a surprise gift for their young children. Ugh, no.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yeah, we've told some people we won't adopt out cats/dogs as Christmas presents and they get all pissy with us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

But I need it for a present for my 3 year old! Also I am going to let the kitten outside and I have a dog who hasn't been to the vet in 10 years!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:57 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We had a woman we wouldn't adopt to because she lied about surrendering her animal to a shelter on her application call Petco to try and have us removed from doing adoptions there. We don't adopt to people who have surrendered their animals, except under extreme circumstances. And definitely not to someone who lied about it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

lepelaar wrote:

In other news, I've only been working at the new job for two days, and I can already tell I'll have plenty of material for this thread. Ah, bookstores!

My ex worked briefly in a bookstore and had so many stories as a result. My favorite is someone who came up to him while he was stocking shelves and said, "I'm looking for a book; I don't remember what it's called or the name of the author, but it was about a plane crash and it was about this thick."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

So, today, the customer that actually pushed me over the edge to chop all my hair off a few months ago came in today.

AND TOUCHED MY forking HEAD and said, "You cut off all your hair!"

I immediately went into the backroom and threw myself onto the ground and shouted, "Why can't people keep their hands to themselves?!"
Needless to say, it freaked my coworker out.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

A client who is easily in his 60s just asked me where the "little boys' room" is.

Dude, how about I direct you towards your dignity first?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 79  Next