| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Being in Marketing, I don't generally deal with clients. I always joke around when coworkers say i am great with people....I say I can only handle people for the duration of an event, then get them away from me please haha (actually, I am great with people...it just get tired of them)

Anywho, I have two stories from this week that makes me hate RICH entitled clients

I have been running a 6 month series of events: each month we host a small event at a different local brewery, invite customers and prospects, drink awesome beer and talk out our business. yes, it is awesome.

So, if you come to 3 or more, you get entered to win an iPad. you had to be REGISTERED and show up. So at the last one, I noticed that nobody was eligible (I keep very detailed registration records) but at the last event, 2 guys claimed they had been to 3 events. One guy had, he just didn't register. That's cool, I'll still enter him in. The other guy, i was almost positive he had only been to 2. I said I would do the drawing, and if he won, and his eligibility checked out, I would give him the prize. Well OF COURSE he won. Said I would go back and make sure he was eligible. He was already giving me a hard time.

Of course he only came to 2 events. I was being polite (over email) and asking him which other event he came to. He mentioned the one that we had ZERO customers show up to. So the forker was totally lying. I talked to his account manager, and HIS manager and then HIS manager. They still wanted to give him the iPad. this dude...VP of his company, wearing a GD Rolex watch. And he ended up getting the iPad. Probably to add to his collection of iPads. So he got one. A nice NEW ONE. he event said he already had FOUR at home!!!!! arghghgeiorhewoitfeiofh.

Some other dude this week was putting pressure on us to get him tickets to a hockey game (we have a suite for all games, but we had already given tickets to another customer). We ended up buying him 2 tickets for like $800. HE IS THE CEO OF A VERY LARGE COMPANY. he had us all jumping through hoops to get tickets to this forking game, which was pocket change to him, but caused me and my team a whole lot of issues & forked up the budget..

Ugh. I hate that. I hate that rich folks, celebrities, etc get all this special treatment. Do they REALLY need more free stuff? another ipad? really?????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Took care of an uber-entitled family today. Dad says, "Madison, how old are you?" "Eight and a half" she says. "How many times have you been to Hawaii?" "Eight".

Gag.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:22 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

ScooterDiva wrote:
Took care of an uber-entitled family today. Dad says, "Madison, how old are you?" "Eight and a half" she says. "How many times have you been to Hawaii?" "Eight".

Gag.

Why the hell would you share that with strangers? I don't get why people need to brag like that. Well, I guess maybe it's not bragging, and it's just a status symbol like the business cards in American Psycho. Please at least tell me that there was some context for it? I'm guessing there wasn't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Do you know how many people are frantically calling because they need a kitten or puppy TONIGHT? Lots and lots of people. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:30 pm 

YAY, last minute pet impulse buy! So SMART! At least it's last minute, so they likely won't have any success? Or will they?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There are certainly plenty of pet stores around, and there have been ads in the paper for the past few weeks, advertising "Christmas Puppies/Kittens!". So, sadly, some of them probably will ignore our advice and buy a puppy or kitten for their 4 year old's xmas present.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:53 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Yikes, you have my sympathies, RC. That's really sad.

I guess that's one nice thing about my office. Nobody comes in at noon on Xmas Eve because they frantically need to buy their kid a criminal defense attorney for the holiday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You hope.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:42 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That sucks RC. But to give you hope..... even though I had been planning for it to happen within a few months I ended up getting Lexi last minute Christmas Eve after being talked into it the night before by a friend. I had nothing in the house for her or ready for her but she is still one loved pooch and the centre of my world 2 happy years later.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Aw, Boo is my Christmas present from my dad this year. I think/hope I'm better suited to care for her than a 4 year old. Maybe. Although I'm still kind of kicking myself for not buying her a Christmas hat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This woman left me with a very sick cat without telling me. Like needs an ER vet sick. I'm trying to get in touch with her but so far no luck. There's no way the cat got this bad this fast (he's got urinary issues), he must have been sick this morning when she left. So angry at her and upset about the cat. If she doesn't contact me I'm going to have to take him and hope she pays me back for his vet bills. But I don't think I should wait till Thursday to take him-he's not blocked yet but it could happen and besides I'm sure he's suffering. How could someone go away leaving their cat like that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:08 pm 

blondiefk wrote:
This woman left me with a very sick cat without telling me. Like needs an ER vet sick. I'm trying to get in touch with her but so far no luck. There's no way the cat got this bad this fast (he's got urinary issues), he must have been sick this morning when she left. So angry at her and upset about the cat. If she doesn't contact me I'm going to have to take him and hope she pays me back for his vet bills. But I don't think I should wait till Thursday to take him-he's not blocked yet but it could happen and besides I'm sure he's suffering. How could someone go away leaving their cat like that?

How awful. I'm wondering if she didn't know, because perhaps it's mainly an outdoor cat. When we took Vegas in because he was blocked, the vet said that it was nice we caught it so early and that most people don't catch it until it's too late, since those cats usually go to the bathroom outdoors and the owners don't really pay much attention to them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Today I wore a shirt that has a vneck in the ffront and back, thus showing my tattoos. I almost expected comments, but this! This man asked me 'That come off?' While my back was turned to him, and he POKED my bare skin with his finger.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bastah wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

How awful. I'm wondering if she didn't know, because perhaps it's mainly an outdoor cat. When we took Vegas in because he was blocked, the vet said that it was nice we caught it so early and that most people don't catch it until it's too late, since those cats usually go to the bathroom outdoors and the owners don't really pay much attention to them.

No, he's an indoor only cat and she said he had had problems but they were better now but she thought he'd had more problems. But then this morning she said he was fine. I think she knows he needs to see a vet but didn't have time to take him and didn't want to postpone her trip. He's also FIV + so timely medical care is even more urgent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:40 pm 
Semen Strong

That is such a rough spot for you! I am so very sorry. You're a good person to take such good care of the little guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:06 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

blondiefk wrote:

My catsitter has me fill out a vacation form at my vet, which authorizes them to do whatever treatment is necessary in an emergency situation. One time on the way to the airport my husband mentioned one of our cats flinched when he touched her above the tail. I had to call our sitter and ask her to take Annie to the vet. It was an abscess, and required a lot of extra care.... I gave the sitter a huge bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

A part of my job is selling weddings. A bride left a message on my personal cellphone on the 25th freaking out about liquor licensing. I don't know, just DON'T. The 25th was my only day off in two weeks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:49 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

vijita wrote:
A part of my job is selling weddings. A bride left a message on my personal cellphone on the 25th freaking out about liquor licensing. I don't know, just DON'T. The 25th was my only day off in two weeks!

UGH. Not cool. Even assuming it's not an enormous violation to call you on Christmas day, which it totally frickin' is, what the hell are you going to get accomplished anyway? I'm pretty sure any government or official body that deals with liquor licenses is going to be CLOSED on Christmas. Bridezilla needs to focus on her marriage and not her wedding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:23 am 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
vijita wrote:

UGH. Not cool. Even assuming it's not an enormous violation to call you on Christmas day, which it totally frickin' is, what the hell are you going to get accomplished anyway? I'm pretty sure any government or official body that deals with liquor licenses is going to be CLOSED on Christmas. Bridezilla needs to focus on her marriage and not her wedding.

And her wedding is not until 2015!!!! Plus she is paying like nothing for it because she kept bullying my colleague and I for discounts. Also I am not a personal wedding planner by any stretch of the imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:06 pm 

vijita wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
vijita wrote:

And her wedding is not until 2015!!!! Plus she is paying like nothing for it because she kept bullying my colleague and I for discounts. Also I am not a personal wedding planner by any stretch of the imagination.

2015?! Oh, I saw the discount thing before at my last job; that was usually a hint of horrible things to come. I'm guessing you are one of about 100 people she is pestering. Imagine having to be someone who has to deal with her every day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 am 

I feel like I am going to have A LOT of fuel for this thread seeing as how I am meeting with 3-4 brides a day since everyone got engaged on Christmas. Today's couple were super sweet, but I internally cringed when she asked me if one of our caterers would do a bacon station. I said sure, yes, the caterers are in to special requests, and told them about how I had somewhat unusual requests for my own wedding because we did an Indian vegan buffet. After telling me earlier in the conversation that they wouldn't need special food for gluten-free or vegetarian/vegan people because "we don't make friends with that type of person," they raved about my own food spread and started talking about how the vegetarian options should be Indian because it's "not weird like vegan food."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 am 

vijita wrote:
After telling me earlier in the conversation that they wouldn't need special food for gluten-free or vegetarian/vegan people because "we don't make friends with that type of person," they raved about my own food spread and started talking about how the vegetarian options should be Indian because it's "not weird like vegan food."

Oh man, I would hate them right away. So they would never make friends with celiacs? OK, I don't want any friends with Diabetes or Lupus, because you know, "those people."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:11 am 

Right? All I know is that I will stay far away from their wedding, however I will most certainly be smelling it for weeks after because we have to have their bacon bar and poutine bar set up on the mezzanine outside my office because they are already using all the space outside for their other weird food stations. It's funny when clients have 150 guests on their list and they are certain that none of them are vegetarian. There are almost always vegetarians! They probably just don't tell you because they know you're the type of jerk to think you are selfish to not enjoy the bacon bar. Secret Clif bar wrappers stashed everywhere. The not-funny but eye-rolling hilarious example of that was when we hosted a corporate event that had some power-of-now new-agey dude teaching them dyads. The event planner ordered turkey sandwiches for lunch and eggs benedict for breakfast, and then they did barbecue beef burgers for dinner. She swore that no one was veg, and it turned out almost everyone, even the teacher, was some kind of veg-leaning, and of course they ran out of all that stuff before everyone had a chance to eat their fruit for breakfast, crudités, and green salad for dinner. Annnnd it was especially fitting to have Mr. Power of Now preach about sending out loving kindness with every action while the caterers were firing up the barbecues and loading them up with raw beef.

It's so confounding that some people refuse to believe there are vegetarians and people with other dietary needs everywhere. When I was managing our tasting room I added a vegetarian platter, and made sure we had enough vegan items (the platters are mostly based around cheese, unfortunately) so it could be adapted, and my staff were shocked by how many people got SO excited to see the words vegan and vegetarian on the platter. My boss even joked that I must have just convinced all my vegan friends to come in and comment. Same as gluten-free...I brought in gluten-free alternatives for the breads and crackers and even ordered gluten free tea cakes from a Celiac-friendly vendor and the staff were blown away by how often people ordered g-f and thanked us profusely.

I wish I could tell more of these anecdotes to my clients. And to our catering partners! We had a joint xmas party with one of our caterers and they knew that myself and my coworker's husband were vegans so they made the vegetarian entree vegan, and all the vegetarians were pissed because it was kind of gross (a ridiculously mild curry that I think was trying to use unseasoned flavourless tofu to mimic paneer but it failed miserably) and of course, blamed the vegans! Not the caterers who don't learn how to make good vegan options.‎

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 am 

Yes, vegan and gluten free options are far more popular than people think. I know omnivores that eat vegan when they can! And yeah, just because people don't loudly proclaim to be veg, doesn't mean they're not. There are people who don't because they don't want to be judged.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 am 

Something I can't stand is when patrons at the library try to censor what other patrons look at. For example, we let people do whatever on our computers (we do say no porn though, but we don't have filters). Since I work at the main library, it's a busy place and there's usually a wait list for the computers. I'll get people on the wait list coming up to me and saying "this is ridiculous! There are people here on Facebook and some are playing games. You need to kick those people off of the computers. Computers should only be used by people who need to do important things on them." I get this so often. Why the hell are you looking at people's screens in the first place? And I don't give a flying fork if people are on Facebook or are playing video games. That's their right. We had another issue where an out patron was looking at pics of men (they weren't naked) and another patron came up to complain and say that it's disgusting and obscene and we need to make him stop (not because the guy was looking at pics of attractive people, but because he was looking at pics of MEN). Then the angry patron launched this whole Facebook thing over it. UGH.

Oh and the out patron is also an out Atheist and another problem patron was complaining about the "satanic" stuff that the guy looks at on the Internet and how we shouldn't allow it. Satanic? And who cares?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next