| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi guys, I'm new too. I was vegetarian for 9 years for over 9 years but went back to the dark side for about 10 months 2 years ago. Looking back I can't really explain why I did it so I'm calling it a temporary brain explosion ;)

Anyway, I went back to being vegetarian in early 2011 and slowly transitioned over to a vegan diet and have been vegan since the start of this year (with the odd slip ups, mainly because I only found out afterwards...).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hello! My name's Dakota. I'm from Atlanta and am currently in the process of writing a cookzine with my partner.

Woo!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 am 
Tofu Pup

Good morning! I'm a newly vegan mom and a cat person.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 am 
Tofu Pup

Good morning! I'm a newly vegan mom and a cat person.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys! I'm new here too. I've been vegetarian for about 8 years, and pretty much vegan for the last year or two. But now, that I just moved to SLC and have no friends, it's been easier for me to make the switch to being strict vegan. I have a huge sweet tooth, and bake too much for living alone! Any SLC-ers around?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello to you all! My name is Jess (..."Hellooooo Jess") and i'm from the West Midlands of the UK. I'm not vegan, but I love food, and I love vegetables so I hope I fit in :). I'm not a meat spy I promise!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I'm Stella I've just joined. Been vegan for about 3 1/2 years and love cooking!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 am 
Grandfathered In

Hello, recent new people!

And old new people.

And old old people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hi Im a new person too :) Vegetarian for 15 years and recently replaced dairy from my diet too.... Not vegan, but looking for help and inspiration! I live in New Zealand ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 am 
Tofu Pup

hello :)
I'm new too!vegan for 7 years now after a vegetarian childhood. I love cooking and baking and physics and science fiction and climbing and sewing and a lot more. I live in Germany, but will be moving to Berkeley some time soon (so excited!!!).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hello all! I'm new to the PPK forum board, I've been vegan for about...wow five years now, I'm an actor/comedian, live in Chicago, currently feeling incredibly nauseous as I made my morning coffee way too strong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hellooo, I'm new here as well. I've been vegan for almost five years. I'm married with a son, 3 greyhounds, a little jack russell/rat terrier mix, and a three-legged cat. I live in Texas for the time being, but I'm from Delaware and hope to be back there sometime in the near future.

Post subject: Just another Kitchen n00b
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm 
Tofu Pup

My name's Michael; I'm the Membership & Outreach Manager at a retail grocery co-op. My wife and I switched to a vegan diet just over one year ago. I'm trying to make myself write more, and joining the PPK forum and signing up for Vegan MoFo 2012 seemed like appropriate motivating forces. I'm also a terribly convenience-driven eater who needs to step up his home cooking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi!

I am a girl from Sweden, an aspiring dancer (ballet and contemporary dance are the loves of my life), a crocheteer and a teadrinker. In school, I am that weird girl that sits in the back of my class that noone talks to. But I'm fine with that. After all, my head is shaved and I mostly wear long skirts and listen to creepy music. I am a cat lover. I am addicted to chickpeas and bananas. I am gluten free. I am an introvert. (but once I get to know you, I love hugs)
My dream is to live in a big white house by the sea and getting money for my art. Or to turn down money completely, grow my own food and just breathe.

So... I hope I didn't scare you off! :*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm new here. I live in Ohio, and I am a Broke-Ass Grad Student. I've been vegetarian all my life -- my whole family is vegetarian. My mom is the best cook alive, but now I live ten hours away from her, so I have to feed myself!! Tater tots are tasty, but I last had them many many years ago, because frozen prepared food is so expensive, and I can never justify buying any!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm sambar.....................

so many new people!! welcome!!

ppsst- i was thinking about it and i don't think i've had a tater tot since college- which was a Long Long Time Ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Kim. I live in Montreal with three cats and my non-vegan boyfriend who will, however, eat anything that isn't poop or vomit. I'm a homebody who enjoys cooking and baking, reading, caring for ferals on my balcony, and not much else really. I'm 20.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi. I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years. I'm not a vegan, but I have been seriously reducing the eggs and dairy in my life, so I do a lot of vegan cooking. I have an omnivore hubby who, thankfully, is happy to eat vegan food as long as it's tasty. I have two kids who are mostly vegetarian. The hubby offers them meat sometimes, and on occasion my boy will take a bite or two. My daughter, however, looks like you are offering her poison.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi. Just as my forum name says I've been a vegetarian since 1975. No meat fish, poultry or eggs. No cheese made with animal rennet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello All, Diane here... love to travel and taste foods from all over the world, love my kids, and happy to be here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all, new old and otherwise.

I am Ari, not vegan at the moment, but with high hopes of including more vegan things in my life. My best friend is vegan and I like to make sure I've got food in my house that she can eat, and my partner is a vegetarian so veganism is kind of the thing that makes sense for me. : )

I'm a student and I work in tech support, so my life is hectic and busy unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

I seem to have lost my "hello" post, so here it is again! I finally have my own kitchen again, so now I can have a purely veg kitchen which makes me so happy. So I'm here for ideas and camraderie and fun stuff like that. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,
I just started living vegan after a few years of vegetarianism. I'm from the Netherlands, and still very much figuring out how to do this vegan thing:) Hope to get some good advice here and meet some likeminded people.
Cheers, Emmis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:03 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hello all!
I've been vegetarian for 14 years and vegan for the past 2 1/2 and haven't looked back since. I love traveling, languages, cultures, tea, video games, and of course cooking/baking. I look forward to learning from and sharing ideas with you all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Yellow! My name is Jessica, I'm a student currently with a day job. I'm wanting to go vegan, and stay vegan. I believe this is a better life-style choice, plus raw meat has always freaked me out. As for Tater-Tots..... depends how they were cooked, who made them, and where are they from....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 67  Next