| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1637 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Ahoy-hoy!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey all! I'm krista, and I've been vegan for almost a year. I was vegan on and off for a couple years several years back, but I wasn't committed, so it was hard to stick with it. Now, I feel like I've completely changed my perspective; there's no way I'll go back.

PPK has been on my radar for a long time, but I've never really checked it out. I'm reaching a point where I'm really lonely as a vegan and want a sense of community. I thought I had some in another online forum, but it's become very apparent that many of the vocal vegetarians there don't care for vegans, and I'm tired of feeling angry when I visit a supposedly supportive place. I live in Philly, and I know there's an active vegan community here, but I have no idea where it is. Maybe I'll find it here.

Basically, I'm happy with who I am, and I want to meet other people who understand how I see the world. Hopefully, that's not too hokey-sounding.

Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

Welcome sidmax and monochromaticgirl!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hi everyone, I'm Kori. I've only been a vegan for 7 months but was a vegetarian before. I don't have any vegan or vegetarian friends but I'm lucky that I do have a lot of support from my omni friends and family. It's nice to have other vegans to talk to though!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Well hello there everybody, I'm Joe! I'm new here, and relatively new to veganism, only a few weeks, gotta say, i love it!
I am a bodily modified person, and for the most part, am trying to go all organic with my jewelry. I love all forms of sound, collector of vinyl(I have all three types: 45s, 78s, 33s!), and my goal in life is to make people happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi,
I posted in the wrong place, but anyway, my name is Lauren and I'm new to the PPK. I've been vegan for a couple years, and want to be able to communicate with other vegans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey, guys! I'm Colleen. I'm new to The PPK in every sense of the word. I love The PPK's comfort food recipes, and it's making our conversion to veganess so much easier!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello. I'm Paul. I just joined after finding this recommended by Ginny Messina on the Vegan RD. I'm 53, married with one 11 year old boy. I am vegan and starting my first square foot garden. I enjoy cooking, sprouting and trying new recipes. I'm looking forward to contributing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Welcome to all y'all new people.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

word to the post punk kitchen

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi. I'm Heather, married, and 31. Hubby and I just became vegan a couple weeks ago. Going pretty well so far. I'm looking for a place to chat and learn from other vegans. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:15 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I'm Angela, 23, 2nd-generation Phoenician (a rare breed). Mostly vegetarian for the last year, slowly transitioned to vegan, now in week 2 of complete veganness (after watching Earthlings). Live with my omnivore bf and two lovely cats. Excited to exchange mindless banter with you all! ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:14 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hello! I'm 26, I did a 30 day vegan cleanse last year (about 11 months ago actually!) and felt so great that i decided to continue. Before that I was mostly pescetarian for about a year. I was born and raised in France so I did like a lot of animal products stuff - but not into cheese ahaha.

Until December I would still buy a non vegan pizza everymonth, but haven't felt the need since January, and I make my own now! I love cooking, and I am very excited that I found the forum, I don't have any IRL vegan friends, so it's going to be nice to hang around here :)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:54 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Welcome to all the new PPKers :)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey all! New to the forum, have been pescatarian for a couple years now, recently became vegan and LOVE it! I also just recieved my AAS in Culinary Arts but have worked in the culinary industry for about four years now. I live in Seattle and when I'm able to get out of the kitchen, I enjoy exploring with my rescue beagle, Chance.
Nice to meet you all!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 am 
Tofu Pup

I just came across this forum and it looks interesting. I changed my eating habits in 1982, when I was stationed in Turkey for a year, not quite the vegan route but I stopped eating any and all meats period which was strange because I grew up on a farm and we always butchered our own beef. To this day I have not had any regrets as to my decision and still follow the no meat what so ever daily routine but as of 2 years ago have changed my sites to exclude all dairy eating to the list and love it. I have always been bombed by questions of " oh my is it a religious thing or dealing with killing animals for food thing" no it was a personnel thing I just got bored with eating meats. That is how it all started but as time went on and I would read up on products it turn into a healthy eating adventure. Today I try real hard for non-GMO no buying of pre packaged foods, I do love to cook my own foods, which people find strange coming from a 58 year old male. I live in the meat and potato belt of the country and once people find out how I eat Naturally they mark me as a walking dead sick type person but have learned to deal with that type of thoughts coming from blank faced impression individuals through the years that just don't get it. Oh well enough is enough looking forward to reading and keeping an eye on this forum looks Interesting and informative to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

New member from the Seattle area. Been vegan nearly 20 years. I'm glad to have found this board and look forward to spending time with you all!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone. I'm a 67 y. o. female from mid-Ohio. I've been vegetarian or vegan since 1974. It's lonely being vegan in my area. I would have to drive 60-70- miles to find veganism. Dining out pretty much impossible.

I've been combining veganism with the Eat Right for Blood Type way of eating since 1997 so to feel like a goddess. I am so excited by vegan eating these days. You see, when I became vegan there was no tofu or tempeh in stores. All had to be made at home. Twas fun!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone! Newbie here. My boyfriend and I went vegetarian about a month ago, and I've been vegan for the last few days. I have been lurking around the PPK for a little bit and decided to finally join. I love finding new foods and trying new recipes (as long as it's not too complicated, or chaos and crankiness ensue), which is how I found this awesome place!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 am 
Tofu Pup

I'm Jill. Just Jill. I'm in the St. Louis area with HusbandMan and my 3 Minions (if I could only get them to do my bidding). Old Pup and New Pup are in the yard.
HusbandMan has decided to explore an animal-free diet after Gall Bladder removal and I'm nothing if not supportive so I'm here to learn me some recipes and substitutions. I hate cooking, but...we gotta eat. Oh, yeah, HusbandMan is a Chef. So he's kinda...particular.
I suppose I'm looking for where to start.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi there I'm Dawn! I am wearing my favourite purple tunic, sneakers with no socks, and now I want tots. But I have no tots and don't want to go to the store. Dang it all.

Oh wait. Pants. I'm wearing pants, too. Promise.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 pm 
Dead by dawn

Being that this is the PPK, you'd be just as welcome with no pants. But if you are going to the store for tots, pants are probably wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I'm Clara, I'm 29 and live in a vegan co-op with my partner and our three daughters, four cats, two rescue chickens and rabbit, our other housemates are six adults and four more children.

I've been vegan on and off for nine years (I find social pressure very difficult to deal with), trying to be braver about it now though.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm 
Tofu Pup

I feel very welcome. Thanks for a great site!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:01 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone, I'm Lauren.
I just moved to Louisiana from Wisconsin in January. I bike or walk almost everywhere and I love it. I also have an addiction to Greek and Lebanese food.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

I am not new.
I have been on here for years and years but since having my daughter almost two years ago I stopped posting.
I was depressed and lonely and though better of spewing my sadness on here
So I am back
New name.
I was
Itsboiling

(am I even spelling my old name right?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1637 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 66  Next