| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

blue wrote:
I am not new.
I have been on here for years and years but since having my daughter almost two years ago I stopped posting.
I was depressed and lonely and though better of spewing my sadness on here
So I am back
New name.
I was
Itsboiling

(am I even spelling my old name right?)

Have you tried using the "forgot password" thingy? I think it was ItsBoiling, btw

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:47 pm 
Semen Strong

I have missed you its boiling! Welcome back. So sorry things have been challenging. Big hugs to you!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey!

My name's Krystal, I'm 27 (in a few days anyway), and I live in Pennsylvania. I'll be moving to Philly this summer in order to attend Temple, so I'm looking forward to being around a Trader Joe's and Whole's Foods, along with some awesome vegan restaurants and food trucks. :) I'm a new vegan, but fully committed. I've been a vegetarian more than I've been an omnivore, and even attempted veganism four years ago, but cheese was my downfall. I had heard of the Post-Punk Kitchen from buying Vegan with a Vengeance and Veganomicon, and I must say I have a whole new appreciation for food and cooking since becoming vegan.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:24 pm 
Tofu Pup

My name is Kayse, I am pro-tator tot. I'm new here and a "born again" vegan (I was vegan for a couple years 7 years ago or so and after struggling with a super strict budget for a long time... I'm finally vegan again)- I am the only vegan in my family of 5, my hubby and my kidlets are omnivors. I'm 25, I'm a stay at home mom of 3, a full time student (pre-dietetics major), and I work part time as a breastfeeding peer support counselor for WIC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:48 am 
Nailed to the V

I have posted several times but just noticed this thread ...

My name is Anne & I am a long married (since 1982) childfree Canadian now living in England. I work for the University here in Cambridge, shuffling paper, running reports etc.

I love cookbooks but tend to make the same things over & over again ... I am sure reading here will jolt me out of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:16 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello :-) Just discovered that this site has a forum... only been around for a year. Reading with my eyes closed.

I'm a UK based vegan and fledgling ultra runner. I blog (well of course I do) @ http://herbifit.wordpress.com and look forward to meeting you all. Looks like a great forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello. I am Rose. Just turned 27. I moved to Renton, Wa from Phoenix six months ago with my boyfriend who's been a vegetarian for the past 15 years. I myself am a transitioning vegetarian. However I'm making the next step and the boy says he'll be in my footsteps. I stay home and make art-things to sell and he is an aspiring pro poker player. We haven't been able to find jobs so we're making the best of our abilities.

I had to change my diet drastically when I found out I'd developed a yeast intolerance. Becoming vegan has been easy as a result. I LOVE cooking, and I feel much better, cleaner, all that stuff. Pain management has been especially easier, as I have fibromyalgia. I've had it all my life so my pain tolerance is pretty high, but I'm still harboring a bit of anxiety of what I'll do when my pain meds run out. I don't use them often, I just have doubts that there will be much to help me on the off days without them. So I'm going to be seeking a lot of information on that.

So, that's probably more than you'll care to know about me. I'm just seeking a social circle that doesn't continually run us into stressful obstacles because of the limited things we can eat or drink (we don't drink alcohol either, but that's not a big deal).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:34 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hello everyone, uh, not sure I've had tator tots, but they look good.

I'm 43, that makes me an intermediate but not expert vegan I guess. I'm happily married with two kitties, no children.

I'm here for fat acceptance, food, feminism and fun, probably in that order, this seems like a good place for all four.

I'm struggling with depression at the moment, and I'm introverted by nature, but I'll do my best to contribute on occasion.

It's been lovely reading this forum ( I just found it a week ago), you seem like a caring group of people.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone! I'm a long-time stalker of the PPK.com and finally took the plunge to the forum.

Happy eating everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:26 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hey everyone! My name is Catherine.
I recently became vegan and am obsessed with this site!
I've been lurking for a few weeks but finally worked up the courage to join.
(I've always been a shy person haha)
I LOVE animals, cooking, and reading.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

HI!

I'm a new poster and a new vegan (been about three weeks doing the best I can)! Looking forward to participating in discussions with everyone here.

I became vegan because of the Gary Yourofsky video mainly, but I have been curious about veganism for about three years - since I started getting more into yoga. I must say I feel like a burden has been lifted from me since I started. And I'm sure a couple of animals would be happy to hear it too. :hampants: Aw.... We can't use smilies here?!

Anyways, I will talk to all of you people!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

jean wrote:
I'm struggling with depression at the moment, and I'm introverted by nature, but I'll do my best to contribute on occasion.

It's been lovely reading this forum ( I just found it a week ago), you seem like a caring group of people.

This resonates with me. I too have a lot of problems reaching out of my comfort zone to do things with others and beat myself up over it. Hopefully the forum will help us a bit? Here's to happy posting!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

toddx has returned. I will give you a moment while you think to yourself, "who the heck cares."

Been a very long while, doing things, and avoiding others.

Hope everyone is doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

DormiensBellator wrote:
jean wrote:

This resonates with me. I too have a lot of problems reaching out of my comfort zone to do things with others and beat myself up over it. Hopefully the forum will help us a bit? Here's to happy posting!

Thank you. Here's to happy posting indeed. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:48 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Moin Moin!

Helyx here, just moved to Seattle from the bay area. Been vegan for a year or 2(?).
Progeny of a professional caterer and watercolor artist. I got the cooking genes, not the art genes. =P
Into cooking up a storm, smashing the patriarchy, queering all the things, sewing, biking, traveling, experimentation(,) and cooking.
Also been lurking on PPK for a few years, and recently discovered the forums.
Always up for helping anyone with cooking and would love to meet other vegans in Sea!
Stalk me on twitter, @helyxcious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:26 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello! Just found this site after buying Appetite for Reduction. I'm moving towards a more plant based diet....looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:00 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

toddx wrote:
toddx has returned. I will give you a moment while you think to yourself, "who the heck cares."

Been a very long while, doing things, and avoiding others.

Hope everyone is doing well.

!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all!

I've been lurking here for more than a bit, cooking many of Isa's recipes along the way! I stumbled into veganism/vegetarianism as a teenager in the 90s hardcore/punk scene and it's been a part of me ever since. I figured it was time to register and join in the conversation from time to time. I love cats and I am a bit of a snackasaurus!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

Aloha!

I'm new to the site and a very eager (though largely talentless) home vegan cook. I'm married to a wonderful lady whose vegan breakfast burritos (the secret is cumin) are what made me love her (among other things).

I was vegetarian for five years before making the leap, as getting into more anarchist theory made me despise the fact that, although I wasn't eating animals, I was still using them as a commodity, and I have an (unproven) theory that the way we view animals as a commodity is no different to sweatshop workers. Not nice when you start to view putting milk in your tea as no different to a child earning nothing to produce your clothes!

Anyroad, I'm really looking forward to getting incredible cooking advice and sharing any tips I discover along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi!

My name is Laura and I live in Australia. I have been vegetarian for 8 years and vegan for 6 months-ish. I love tater tots though we call them potato gems here...they need to be soaked in vinegar and tomato sauce and sometimes put into a samdwich.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys,
I am newbie on this thread and i wanna join to this community for discussion.
I just found this forum at Google and I think it will be a great use if we can share
knowledge so i welcome to the already members of this community.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LauraMo wrote:
Hi!

My name is Laura and I live in Australia. I have been vegetarian for 8 years and vegan for 6 months-ish. I love tater tots though we call them potato gems here...they need to be soaked in vinegar and tomato sauce and sometimes put into a samdwich.

You are my new favourite. I want one of these sammiches.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

hi ppk!

my name is zoë and I'm from massachusetts. I've been a vegetarian for nearly 5 years and made the switch to full vegan last month. I've always done a lot of vegan cooking and truly feel the best when I'm experimenting in the kitchen. I especially like meals that are gooey, creamy, sandwich-y, and/or packed with veggies. I'm chronically addicted to hot sauce. I can't stand bananas. I'm really excited to become more involved with this community as I delve deeper into the vegan lifestyle!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm pug ugly and I'mma go crazy up in this piece! Caaan youuuu dig it?!
I missed it here, hope it hasn't gotten all lame.

Hi guys!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey hey, I finally registered after visiting here a few times and reading different threads.

I'm in Sydney, Australia. It's been just over 6 months since I've returned to Veganism - this time with family in tow! It's fantastic. I look forward to reading and posting on these forums!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65  Next