| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,

My name is Nathan. I live in Louisville, KY. I will have been a vegan for a year on this Monday, July 1st. I thought I'd register on here because it's nice to chat with other like-minded individuals. Not many vegans in Kentucky!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi all, my name is Amanda. I'm from Houston, Texas. I've lurked off and on and am finally registering!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:51 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Anu from Rochester, NY. Recently finished grad school and working to help kids involved in human trafficking. I went vegan a year ago when I went to hear Dr. Will Tuttle speak about his book, The World Peace Diet. Since then I've learned about all sorts of new things such as nooch, flax eggs, and field roast sausage :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:50 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hello! I've been lurking and very occasionally participating for a while now. I'm actually not vegan at this time but am gradually moving in that direction. I tried to cut out the animal products cold turkey once and ended up very anxious about feeding myself (and my picky, cranky, bean-intolerant husband) and I panicked and backtracked, so now I am gradually cutting them out one area at a time so I can slowly get used to it and make good habits that stick. I wanted to make this post so I don't feel as though I am misrepresenting myself. I feel like for the most part this is a community that (hopefully!) won't run me off with torches and pitchforks for admitting this. You seem like a group of excellent, hilarious people and I'm enjoying poking around here and working up the confidence and recipe repertoire to drop the last few pesky things from my diet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hello! I've only recently discovered this site and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been vegetarian for 18 years and am experimenting with veganism at the moment - I've started going vegan one week every month, but am finding that it's really changing my eating habits for the other three weeks as well.

Like many of you, I'm a blogger (www.herbivoresheaven.wordpress.com). I'm from the UK, but currently living in Hong Kong. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I've used this site as a resource for many years but never actually participated in the forum until now. I live in London (but I'm from Scotland) and have been vegan for nearly 4 years now, vegetarian for 16 years. Like most vegans, I'm sure, veganism and animal rights is a huge, huge part of my life so I'm looking forward to chatting with more vegans and sharing ideas and recipes :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello!

My name is Sarah. I was born and raised in NYC, but recently got married and moved (temporarily) to Jacksonville, NC. There's one small healthfood store in this town that sells vegan friendly ingredients, but I'm feeling rather lonely.

I've been vegetarian on and off since I was five, and vegan on and off from 14-18, and purely vegan from 18 until now! Now that I'm fiscally independent, it's so much easier to stick to veganism, even in this small southern town!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Pug Ugly wrote:
I'm pug ugly and I'mma go crazy up in this piece! Caaan youuuu dig it?!
I missed it here, hope it hasn't gotten all lame.

Hi guys!

We like the music! We like the disco sound, HEY!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Librarian wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is Nathan. I live in Louisville, KY. I will have been a vegan for a year on this Monday, July 1st. I thought I'd register on here because it's nice to chat with other like-minded individuals. Not many vegans in Kentucky!

Are you actually a librarian? Librarians are the BEST PEOPLE EVER, welcome! :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:32 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I'm Travis from Tennessee, and I've been vegan for almost a month after being a vegetarian for all 20 years of my life. Next month I will be having my first vegan birthday cake!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm momo!
I live in Wyoming and I only know 2 other vegans in my town, I'm excited to talk to others. Whenever people ask me about vegan recipes this is my favorite place to send them! I don't know why I haven't joined the forum yet. I like me some toasty, golden, brown tots with waayyy tooo much ketchup.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm from Austin, Texas and have lurked for along time as well as participated in Vegan MOFO last year. Nice to hear from other similar people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Andrea - have been vegetarian 14 years, vegan for a few months now. I live in NYC but am from Louisiana.
Looking forward to meeting like minded folks and sharing yummy recipes! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi all,

I've been vegan for close to a decade now.
I'm from outside of Philadelphia originally and now live in Pittsburgh, PA. I've been using the PPK forums for years and have gotten a ton of great recipes while lurking. So I, finally, decided to become a member. Hopefully, I will add something to this community.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm heartbreaker_liza (aka Sarah) and I'm from Kansas. I'm a week into my vegan-ness and in love with what I'm eating so far. I feel great and full almost all the time! I just bought "Vegan with a Vengeance" and I am feeling inspired to get my hands dirty in the kitchen!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:30 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone!

I'm Sofie and I'm from Belgium. I've been vegan for almost a year now and I know the ppk for a long time now, just never thought about becoming a member on the forum. Now I've finally decided to do it! hurray! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

I suppose I'll go ahead and somewhat legitimize my account by posting in this thread.
Just a dude in northern CA (not the bay area), vegan for 5.5 years now. No vegetarian primer leading up to it, just dove in head first straight to veganism. I've owned Veganomicon for about a year now, and had I known about this site back when I started I would have certainly joined then. Seems a lot less stuffy than the other veg communities I've lurked on the interwebs. That is to say, it looks like it's a) active, and b) not completely forking lame. And I guess I'll find out soon whether or not there's a swear filter on here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:12 pm 
Tofu Pup

HI! I am currently on a quest to be vegan, in all actuality I am on a quest to become a gluten-free vegan, but I'm working on one step at a time. I've been a vegan on and off for years and I'm not going to explain the rest of that sentence. I live in an apartment with my handsome ginger of a husband and our small dog and cat. I love tater-tots. I even had sweet potato tater-tots just last night, cause I'm just that rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone:)

My name is Inge. I have been a vegetarian for well over 20 years. I have been looking forward to joining this forum but wanted to wait until had a solid month of a Vegan diet and lifestyle under my belt until I went public. My family is a mix of eaters, Vegetarian, omnivores and me. Last night I made Chesapeak Tempeh Cakes from Isa's book Vegan Brunch. Everyone in the family loved it!! That was my first experience pleasing veggie and omni with a vegan meal. I am looking forward to learning, getting great ideas and meeting you all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hi my name is Jennifer and I live in San Antonio, Texas. We became vegan in May after a medical scare with my husband so we decided to go vegan for health reasons.

I love to cook and experiment so it has been interesting going from meat and potatoes to potatoes and potatoes.

We are not strict vegans in any sense and will have the occasional BBQ (we live in Texas after all!) and a good schnitzel (German background), however most of our food is vegan. We both talked about it and realized that it may be extremely difficult while traveling, visiting family, etc. so while we will try to be vegan as much as possible, but if we can't at least go vegetarian. It helps both of us to know we each picked a "cheat" food, hence the BBQ and Schnitzel, so if we are craving it we are both ok with eating it occasionally.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello PPK Forum! My name is Amy. After lurking for a little bit I decided to join in on this lovely place. I live in sunny California in the Central Valley. The best part of living here is all the fruit and vegetable stands everywhere. I looooove it.

I've been vegan since March. I was pescetarian before and I am lactose intolerant but yet I still could not give up pizza! Well one day I just so happened upon the Forks Over Knives documentary on Hulu as well as Earthlings and that was it for me. Vegan now and forever. There are so many new foods I never had before that I LOVE now.

Anywho, back to more lurking...and now posting! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hello all! My name is Brandi and I'm from (and still living in) Houston, TX. I've been lurking around the boards for a little while now, and finally decided to go ahead and join.

I've been a vegetarian for 14 years, but in the last 3 years I have been vegan due to health reasons. The switch occurred when I was diagnosed with PCOS, as well as insulin resistance resulting from the PCOS. I think the hardest thing for me to give up was cheese. Thankfully, I have a really supportive boyfriend who has helped me immensely in the switch to vegan eating (he used to be vegan himself, so he has given me a lot of advice and is always willing to try new things with me).

As for things unrelated to my diet... I am a veterinary technician (LVT here in the state of TX). I am the proud mama to a rat and a dog. I enjoy crafting, drawing and painting, riding my bicycle, going to shows, etc. Pretty much all the basic stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I'm Janyce! I'm having brownies with Olivia. She can't have brownies unfortunately. But she watches. I hope it's not with envy though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:45 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello,

I have been lurking for a little while. I like knitting/crochet, gardening and of course cooking. Been vegan for 2 years and xgfx for about 2 months.

I'm from Toronto.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I've been a big fan of Isa's for years and have a love for Vegan food and animals.

Over the past eight years, I have cooked my way through every one of Isa's books and use the ppk blog as a sort of encyclopedia all the time.

Although I do share many beliefs with Vegans, I am not technically Vegan. Because of that, I never really checked out the forum - but after reading through a few threads this weekend I see that it's a pretty open community and I promise to keep any contributions I may make strictly Vegan.

I'll probably hang out in the Kitchen - that's where I am most comfortable in real life. :) I'm really excited to participate in the next blog challenge… such a cool idea. Looks like I missed the one in progress right now.

Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 63  Next