| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

Oh hey all! I'm Bee, and I'm not only new to the forum but new to veg-lyfe. I pulled way back on eating meat during college for cost-reasons, but I've just recently started cutting it out entirely/accepting the fact that yep, I'm vegetarian without even trying. And since I'm super cool with that, I'm going to keep doing it-- consciously.
I live in Connecticut, I'm twenty-two, and if possible I would eat broccoli until I burst.
Came here for the recipes; sticking around for the people!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, everyone! My name is Wendy and I have been eating a vegan diet for about three months (and trying to learn and follow a vegan lifestyle and be an actual vegan in the original sense of the word). I have a passel of children, one husband, one cat, and overall, a pretty good life:)

I need SO much help in the meal preparation department. I have never been much of a cook and am trying to take my recent lifestyle changes as an opportunity to change that!

I also work part-time and combined with the family that doesn't leave much "hobby" time, but I like knitting, reading, and want to learn to sew. Right now most of my free time (read 5am before anyone else is up) is spent running. I decided I wanted to be an example of how healthy and fit a vegan could be for my meat obsessed family and friends, so I signed up to run a half-marathon. Yeah...I have never run so much as a 5K, but go big or leave on a stretcher.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:33 pm 
Dead by dawn

scwendy wrote:
Hi, everyone! My name is Wendy and I have been eating a vegan diet for about three months (and trying to learn and follow a vegan lifestyle and be an actual vegan in the original sense of the word). I have a passel of children, one husband, one cat, and overall, a pretty good life:)

I need SO much help in the meal preparation department. I have never been much of a cook and am trying to take my recent lifestyle changes as an opportunity to change that!

I also work part-time and combined with the family that doesn't leave much "hobby" time, but I like knitting, reading, and want to learn to sew. Right now most of my free time (read 5am before anyone else is up) is spent running. I decided I wanted to be an example of how healthy and fit a vegan could be for my meat obsessed family and friends, so I signed up to run a half-marathon. Yeah...I have never run so much as a 5K, but go big or leave on a stretcher.

Hi Wendy, check out the running thread in the exercise room in the spa if you haven't already. There are a bunch of vegan runners here to support you in your quest to go big (and mayhaps help you make sure not to leave on a stretcher!) I've been vegan for 6 years but didn't start running until more recently than that. In the last two years I have done my first half marathon, first full marathon and first half Ironman as a vegan. I dare anyone to argue that you can't be healthy and fit as a vegan!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

monkeytoes wrote:
scwendy wrote:

Hi Wendy, check out the running thread in the exercise room in the spa if you haven't already. There are a bunch of vegan runners here to support you in your quest to go big (and mayhaps help you make sure not to leave on a stretcher!) I've been vegan for 6 years but didn't start running until more recently than that. In the last two years I have done my first half marathon, first full marathon and first half Ironman as a vegan. I dare anyone to argue that you can't be healthy and fit as a vegan!

Wow! Congrats on your accomplishments! I am definitely going to check out the running thread:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi Everybody,

I've been vegan since the Reagan Administration, but I don't know many others. Happy to be here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 am 
Tofu Pup

Hellooo, I'm Suzette, I've been on the baking side of ppk and never thought to look at the forum. I finally made it. I'm a professional vegan baker and always come here for learning, tips and ideas. I'm new to forums in general and this one I find to be a comforting place to start. I've been vegetarian for 8 years and never baked until 4 years ago when the vegan restaurant I worked a taught me how. So all I have ever baked is VEGAN.

I love hot crispy salted tater tots with vegan chili drizzled on top of them. Yummm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I used to visit the boards as "sarafina" before the redesign and have been absent for quite awhile... but I missed you and now I'm back!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

Heya! *wave* I'm totally new to the forum and the lifestyle - just looking for a change to a healthier, more sustainable, Earth-friendly way of life. I've always been a plant fancier, but with omnivore tendencies - I don't really think it'll be that hard to switch over to vegan foodwise (I really, really love veggies and grains and nuts...) but I have a lot to (hopefully) learn in other areas!

I'm afullmargin or Amber if you prefer, thirty-one year old single mom/full time college student/fangirl/queer/geek. I dig people. And kitties. And words.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, all. I'm back after being away a few years and have missed these boards a lot. It's time to get healthy again! I can't remember what my old screen name was any more, but I recognize some of the posters from before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hello, I've been on the PPK since ca. '08, but have been delinquent in posting my introduction as I tend to head straight for the kitchen boards, get lost in there, and forget.

I've been vegetarian since 1970, and vegan for the past twenty years or so. Cooked professionally for a couple of veg*an restaurants in the 70's, and also made tofu since it wasn't readily available then. I'm not a very creative cook, but enjoy making things from scratch: wine, tempeh, sourdough, pasta, ravioli, seitan, pickles, kraut, etc. I'm also a solar cooking enthusiast and love kitchen toys.

My husband is an omni, but is very supportive and open to trying new foods.

Tots are fine, but waffle cuts are the food of the gods.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:16 pm 
Tofu Pup

I've been reading this board for ages, and figured it was time to finally sign up, so here it goes! I've been vegan for 3+ years, love Isa's books and recipes, and enjoy cooking, baking, and discovering awesome new vegan makeup. Let's hope I can overcome my painful shyness and manage to post semi-regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

hi all,
new to the board...
I've been vegan since 1/1/10, and my 3 year old son has been vegan his whole existence.
I live in Oklahoma, so being vegan isn't common or always the easiest.
love this site and its recipes...can't wait to try the coconut cream pie!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi guys! I've been vegan since August of 2008, I have all of Isa's books and have lurked on these boards for quite a while. Figured it was time to finally sign up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:39 am 
Tofu Pup

I have humor but without sense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello. I've been lurking on some of the exercise forums for a while, but I've decided to come out of the closet and introduce myself. I've been vegan for going on 4 years now. I love cats and dogs, but I currently have only one dog, a rescued Australian shepherd. I live in Connecticut with my husband who is also vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi all. I (was) am a lurker as well, but now I've decided to register and post some question! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey ALL,
I am Hanerry... I love to make new friends. I am very much health conscious. I have some query maybe this forum helps me in resolving my issues.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey all im new here! Been vegan for 5 years strong now. Excited to learn some new recipes and meet some interesting people. Nice to meet yall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hello! I was vegetarian for about 9 years. I went back to meat in 2010 and just recently I'm seriously considering moving toward a vegan diet, following in my teen daughter's footsteps. I watched the documentary Forks Over Knives and was pretty impressed! I am in the Seattle area and I'm having fun checking out recipes and researching nutrition, the paleo vs. vegan war and other dramas. Heh My health is pretty bleh.....I'm 42 and quite overweight, extremely addicted to coffee and sugar. Giving up meat is no problem at all. Giving up dairy.........another story! So that's me in a nutshell.

Molly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 am 
Seagull of the PPK

hi new people!
hi molly, your daughter will be happy you came here, look at the recipe page and you'll find some awesome things. you can do a lot without dairy, so take one day at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Thanks Torque. I'm excited about starting this new phase of my life.

Molly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I've been vegan for almost a year and, in that time, I've become obsessed with cooking, baking, cookbooks, and all things vegan food related. Been lurking here for awhile, and it seemed like time to join...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Hello! I just joined yesterday and forgot to stop by and introduce myself. I've always loved baking, and since going vegan, I've learned to like cooking real food, too. I've been vegan since May (still a bit of a baby), and am loving it so far!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hello, I'm new to this and seriously impressed by all you long-term vegans! I've been lurking for a little while and these forums have (finally) convinced me that veganism is do-able. I've wanted to be vegan since becoming a vegetarian in my teens (I'm 23 now) but was always held back by my love of dairy- now I'm looking forward to trying some exciting new foods instead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 am 
Saggy Butt

Welcome, Noobs!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next