| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 am 
Tofu Pup

Thanks for welcome me in your thread.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi. I'm Iris and I've been lurking for a while so thought I would say hi. *waves shyly*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:25 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hi! Been lurking and finally decided to join up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hi! I'm a french girl who's been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to register. I've been loving Isa and Terry's cookbooks for years and love love love vegan food, and cooking! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hi neighbour!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:35 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

fisticuffs wrote:
Hi neighbour!

Hi! ;) I lived in Belgium for several years actually and I love this country!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello forum! new vegan here - this is unplanned and has taken me by surprise. I've been around LOVELY vegans for years and thought I knew all the arguments and that it didn't relate to me. Well turns out it does! I think I've just been wearing blinkers and my "conversion" seems to be about being willing to open up the old heart to the bleeding obvious. Anyway, I love to cook, have bought my B12, and I am looking forward to making up for lost time and to learning lots here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:01 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hi everyone.. I'm Debbie and I'm new to this forum. :) Have a nice day everyone.

Helen Keller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:27 pm 
Tofu Pup

hej,

My names Sara. I am 25, and have been vegetarian all my life, never concented to eating meat, and only ever made the mistake of eating meat 6 times in 25 years :) I am now trying to be vegan, which is hard on a budget of 1400kr (or 140 gbp) every 2 weeks as i am unemployed.

I have an interest in Swedish and Scandinavian Culture, i speak 2 languages, Swedish and English, though Swedish is my second language. I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, and Stockholm Sweden - I flitt between the two countries as i get sick of both in equal measure and long for the other (i live in scotland just now and long desperatly for Stockholm, and the ability to go to a cafe and buy a vegan swedish meal.. i cant do that here in Scotland, but when i am in sweden I often miss being able to understand everything that is said, my Swedish is good, though i dont always understand. when in scotland i despise the lack of care people seem to have, compaired to Sweden) I love the food labling here in Scotland ( look at the list of vegan food in the major supermarkets: http://picasso.media.s3.amazonaws.com/P ... 202013.pdf its quite extensive, and yet there is not such a list in ICA a main Swedish supermarket)

i am currently trying to expand my kitchen equipment to be able to experiment with more Scandinavian food - I cook a awesome Chokladbolla, and kanelbullar but want to cook savory swedish things too as it reminds me of my adopted home and all the adopted family i have there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm in San Diego, California, on the coast. I like things that go bump in the night, the sea, Victorian and Golden Era aesthetic and fashion. I spend most of my time momming.

I'm here because it's been a long time since I've been on a vegan forum, but I've been thinking about forums as a resource, and this looks like a good one. I've been vegan for almost 20 years, I think- I didn't write it down when I started. :p But I love to cook, and I so often find myself searching the PPK site and I read Isa's tweets, I finally decided to join.

My 4 year old daughter's been vegan her entire life- my entire pregnancy was vegan of course- and somehow, my 'confirmed mostly carnivore' boyfriend has decided to start weaning himself off eating animals and into vegetarianism. O.o When we live together, it will be a vegan household. And it's good to see how open he is to that, too. I've never so much as suggested it or tried to make him change his ways- and this is a pretty big change for him. I cannot wait to start making him delicious vegan meals. But my cooking skills need a bump up. I've gotten lax.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello Everyone-

I'm Julie-yeah probably the 2 millionth one on the forums, huh. Can't wait to see what my little saying is-or do all the new folks get "tofu pup"? I've known about PPK for a few years but when I finally clicked on forums, it was all over. Love them. I love learning to cook vegan food better. I didn't grow up in a cooking from scratch household (70's...lots of Jello and pot pies). I plan to win over the world with great tasting food. Tastevism? Favorite veg cookbooks are: Veganomicon (the simpler stuff) and now Isa Does It. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 am 
Tofu Pup

hello all! i'm an almost-vegan (help! need a cheese substitute!), folksy lady, living in Montreal, and fumbling my way around the kitchen. next project: winning over my family with a vegan christmas!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm watching this forum a lot so thought it would be nice to say Hi! I'm from The Netherlands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker. I'm a Vegetarian slowly making the switch to Vegan. I moved to France from Kenya (my country) so the transition is sloooww as I discover where the heck I can buy my groceries in the country of Fromage & Viande. I live in Lille & I'd love to chat with anyone ese living here :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey there , im serenety , i live in mexico,in transition to veganism and i dont think ive ever tasted tater tots :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:24 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone, I'm Blake. I'm 28, or at least i will be in two more days. I'm from Wisconsin, i fell in love with vegan cooking ever since discovering Vegan with a Vengeance about 2 years ago, Isa is my vegan goddess, and i freaking LOVE tater tots. And anything else potato based.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm Isabella, I'll be 20 in 2 weeks and I live in Denmark.
I love cooking and making all sorts of different cuisines, especially vegan French food (it's possible!)
I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi there, I'm a 27 year old Austin artist, been vegan for almost 8 years now. I pretty much only use Isa's cookbooks when I do follow a recipe, but for the most part I just enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. I have two cats, one named Vince and the other Dream Tiger, both named after Noel Fielding creations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys been lurking for a while as it seems as though everyone else is. 22 year old dude from the Greater Toronto Area. Just sayin' hi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

hello, hello! my name is eva. i live in seattle & have been vegetarian for 15 years and vegan for four. i've been a fan of isa's cookbooks and of theppk.com for a while, but have been particularly swept away by "isa does it." never even thought of poking my nose into the forums here until the other day, when i was googling for photos of vaute couture coats & stumbled across a thread here! happy to have found y'all!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:54 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Welcome!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:05 am 
Tofu Pup

hey, pandawithcookie - small world! i ordered a couple custom cat ornaments from you recently. been meaning to send you pics of them with my cats :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I am Anna. Don't delete me :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:28 am 
Tofu Pup

hello, I'm Audrey, and new here. Don't want to be deleted. We live in Long Beach, NY, and I have a vegan cookbook addiction. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

I've been a vegan for two years and was here for a bit but then wandered away. My dad just died and I found that things got
challenging, not least of all because my younger sister kept asking me why I wouldn't cheat on my veganism while she was out here.
I came back to these boards to renew my sense of community and feel much steadier now. Thanks for being here! Elisabeth aka el-el-the-el (nothing to do with eels)

Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next