| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:42 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Hi :)
I somehow stumbled across the thread about garlic and yeast infections today (I honestly don't remember how) and have been lurking a bit on and off all day. I've been a vegan for... roughly two and a half years I think, and I really like cooking and food, so I thought I would make an account and have a look around.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

Howdy! I've been lurking for a while and decided that now was the time to sign up. New year, new board and all that.

I'm from Minneapolis and while I'm not quite a vegan yet, I've been cooking more and more vegan and hope to take the big leap in the new year. I loooove to cook, especially Mexican and any and all Asian food, and I'm having fun learning to veganize old favorites.

Nice to meet you all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:55 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

eleltheel wrote:
I've been a vegan for two years and was here for a bit but then wandered away. My dad just died and I found that things got
challenging, not least of all because my younger sister kept asking me why I wouldn't cheat on my veganism while she was out here.
I came back to these boards to renew my sense of community and feel much steadier now. Thanks for being here! Elisabeth aka el-el-the-el (nothing to do with eels)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope we can support you!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello!

I went vegan last year, and just stumbled upon these forums. They seem pretty active! I'm going to school for a master's in teaching, so I don't have loads of time, but I'm still looking for new recipes, especailly those that focus on legumes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm a Spanish girl who will soon celebrante her first year as a vegetarian. I've been following Isa's work since then and lurked at the forums since a few weeks ago. I've finally decided todo registre cause I don't know many vegetarian people in real life, and no vegans at all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:53 pm 
Grandfathered In

Hello, new people.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 pm 
Tofu Pup

HELLO!

So in no particular order . . . Orange . . . fond University memories - Tater Tot casserole (decidedly unVegan) disgusting and delicious . . . My awful Jammies, desperately need new ones - Hello? Santa? . . . Toronto (Yep, Canada) . . . so no social security number . . .

In other news I made the Leek and Bean Cassoulet with Biscuits tonight for supper. Hoping to seduce my, reluctantly mostly Vegetarian family with this wonderful dish, my 5 year old eagerly helping and wonder of wonders saying all the way through "this tastes yummy", and "that mells yummy." we sit down and thankfully I take the first bite . . .

So when you can't find navy beans canned, and you carefully soak dried ones overnight . . . Don't forget to cook the blasted things BEFORE putting them into the recipe.

I've pulled out the biscuits, added 2 more cups of stock, more potatoes, carrots and a bit of salt (forgot that too) and am crockpotting them. Smells good, hope they soften.

Thats all!

Bex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hello PPK!

I became Vegan in October for ethical reasons - it was a long time coming. I am currently trying to get a solid rotation of new meals under my belt, and basically just rearrange my life in general. I have come to PPK hoping to branch out and chat with like-minded folks because being the only Vegan I know is fairly stressful at times!

Thanks for Reading!

- Kristy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Welcome, welcome stargazers!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 am 
Tofu Pup

what up, amigos? happy 2014!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:50 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hi everyone,

This is just a quickie hello so I don't get deleted. I'm so glad I finally checked out these forums! You guys are awesome. I've been vegan since last February and I can't believe it's been nearly a year already. Wow. Isa's cookbooks are awesome and I've been wowing my family with how delicious vegan food can be. I even got my family to eat the RedHot BLT tempeh from Isa Does It and they all loved it! Whoo! I will call that a success. Anyway, hi everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:28 pm 
Tofu Pup

somehow found this place while searching for 'new jersey punks' via google and am glad that i did.

:insert lame awkward intro post here:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:45 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys. I'm new. I like food. Eating is fun. I've lurked forever and decided to finally stop being a hermit. I'm 22 in upstate New York, holla!
Let's be friends, check yes or no?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

TheVeganInquisition wrote:
Let's be friends, check yes or no?

Maybe. Meet me under the slide at recess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I'm a Los Angeles native who writes the Hugger Food blog. My favorite color is purple! I became vegetarian over 15 years ago and have been vegan for over 8 years. Two of my intentions this year are to exponentially increase the frequency of my blog posts and to utilize my immense cookbook collection instead of favoring a few select books. Tater tots...well, it's all about the accompanying sauce.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hello! I'm new but have been lurking for months. I'm not a vegan, but I love Isa's cookbooks, and I keep buying more vegan cookbooks! I think the shift towards a more plant-based diet stems from watching the film Vedgucated last year with the hubby. Anyway, I love to cook, and the recipes from Isa Does It! make me feel like a superhero in the kitchen - the recipes are SO good! I live in the Boston 'burbs, but I'm originally Canadian (Ottawa, QueensU, Toronto), and spent a chunk of time in Mexico City. I have three LOs who aren't totally on board with veggies, but we're workin' on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone. I've been looking at this board for years, but never really posted. Ive been vegan/vegetarian for going on 10 years. I moved to Philadelphia in August and have been working towards starting my own baking business. For now I have a tumblr for my baking http://Thischarmingbakery.tumblr.com but soon I will be starting a food blog! I cook and bake ALL THE TIME.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone.

Just posting so I don't get deleted. I am a total newbie to Vegetarianism and Veganism, have literally just begun my attempt to be a Vegetarian, and ultimately a Vegan. The Vegetarianism is for health reasons, the Veganism is for ethical reasons. It was my girlfriend who sent me a link at this forum, she was searching for veggie/vegan recipes for me, and found you.

Happy to be here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Veganism but love cooking and am looking forward to learning more. I went veggie a while ago, for health reasons except now I REALLY want a tater tot so thanks for that :)

K x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:36 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, im kind of new, I have just come back to being a vegan and used to post a tiny bit but mainly lurked and was highly forgettable so I'm starting over (with a lot of bits of my life really, not just the PPK).

I'm in the UK and have no idea about tater tots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:17 pm 
Tofu Pup

A few months ago, for health reasons, I gave up dairy. Then a few weeks ago, for health reasons again, I was advised to cut a lot of the animal product from my diet. So now I'm looking for healthier (vegan) alternatives for a lot of my diet. Hoping to learn a lot here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:05 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, mostly just a lurker, now actively looking to slowly ease my family into vegan food without them complaining. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! My name is Amanda and I have been vegan since September of 2013. It has been awesome so far except for the loneliness! I feel pretty desperate to meet new people and make new friends. Recently I moved to Tampa, FL from upstate NY. The animal rights community here is much bigger and I have been doing my best to get involved. Nevertheless, I would love to meet some fun people on this forum.

I like brussel sprouts.

El fin!

p.s. Isa's books are amazing! I have Veganomicon and Isa Does It.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

PEOPLE OF THE PPK....

Who all been here a really long time say yeah? I was up on here like 8 hours a day until I got a "real" job and moved in... 2005? 2006? I can't remember what my name was back then though. Did this exist in 2002? I think that's when I may have started. I was a librarian from Bloomington, IN. Now I'm in Louisville. Anyway, I had been uncontrollably busy doing things like buying a house, going through two jobs... it really doesn't matter. My point is that I need to be in a cooking environment again, even if it's electronic. I also need to move my tiny record player into my kitchen.

I don't know, I've been vegetarian since 1992, vegan since like 2002 or something. I eat a LOT. I want to cook more, again. My mom was a Home Ec. teacher, so I've always cooked. I just seem to have fallen into the lazy trap somehow and stopped. Weird, since I was always "the cook" at the houses I lived in and stuff. I think some of it may be that I moved away from a town with a rad co-op, and usually only have 2 hours of free time a day. But the blame falls upon my shoulders.

Okay, well, I'm probably just going to read what you all post for the most part, but I did wonder if there were any really old timers on here. And, in one brief moment of candor, I'll admit that I moved to a new town as a 30 (or maybe a little older) year old, and I don't have a lot of folks here to talk about vegan stuff with, so I'm really kind of hoping I do get up on this again. Later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 am 
Tofu Pup

Hellooooo! I'm Kristina. I'm a full time chef at a new, small, vegan cafe in small-town, KY. I also have a food business on the side. I've been vegan for 7 years. And... I'm realizing all I do lately is cook and sleep, so I have no exciting interests to share. :-/ I've been to every major city and plenty of small ones, in the US and Canada, but never traveled overseas. I'm a band-aid for my favorite musicians, whom I've seen over 70 times. I have one cat, Middie, who is as sweet as sugar or completely psychotic, depending on her mood. I was on here many, many years ago for a little while, and I am excited to be back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next