| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:26 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

I have always liked tater tots!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey everyone!

I m a french girl currantly living in Yucatan, Mexico.
I am already a fan of the ppk. I am transitioning slowly from a vegetarian to a vegan lifestyle.
I am here because i miss the VG community and because I love love the spirit of this site, and you all seems pretty nice :)
Other than that I love kitties, graphic novels, onions, music, cooking, traveling and getting lost on tumblr !

Ps: Oh and sorry in advance for my sometimes lousy english!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Howdy,
I not only look like a lumberjack, I play one in real life.

I've been vegan for almost 4 years now. Cooking is a passion for me and feel the best form of activism is through the senses, especially taste and smell.

If I'm not watching movies from the library on the couch with my rescued Chihuahua, I'm drinking wine and playing guitar or banjo by the wood stove.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey all!

I've been vegan for about 3 years (and have been a silent lurker on this forum for a bit of that time). I'm currently finishing up my Masters in Public Administration and in my free time love all things culinary and fitness (fitness so I can eat the culinary).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

Brand new here, though I've heard about this site for years. May have to post a new thread with some probably old questions...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:44 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello people!

Been an on and off vegetarian for a few years but decided to cut out animal products for the final time last month, and slowly introducing a vegan diet and lifestyle (that's how I stumbled on here).

Currently living in Manchester, UK and in search of a good seitan recipe which I'm finding difficult as there are so many and I don't have some of the ingredients needed. I also get extremely confused with some American recipes, but I'm sure that will change!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 am 
Tofu Pup

I've been away so long, I'm practically new again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm 
Grandfathered In

Welcome back!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:00 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello all!

I am a long-time vegetarian in the San Gabriel Valley (near Los Angeles). I recently started moving towards a vegan diet/lifestyle. I found this site by searching for vegan desserts to make. I've made several batches of cookies, quickbreads, and muffins from this site and they've all turned out great!

I look forward to making new friends here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Oops, I started posting to early.
Oh well.

I'm Angela, 18, and only aspiring vegan because my parents won't let me, but I'm moving out in September, so I can do whatever I like and I will stop being a horrible person.
I love all things English, I've lived in Thailand for a while and I attend an art school.

I wear horrible stuff most of the time, except when it's something brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, here's my one "I'm not spam" post!
I live in the Reading area near London and am always looking for more vegan cake recipes. I just ordered Vegan Reduction, with the hope of (shock surprise) losing weight and becoming a more dedicated vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I was vegan for what felt like a lifetime. I thought I was doing well - a tofu-making, seitan-steaming, nut-fermenting, kale shake-guzzling, nutrient-counting vegan with a god-damned capital "V".

Sadly, my body and mind were being damaged by the way I implemented the lifestyle. I refused to believe it at first, but it was quantified by tests and I gave in.

Now, after months of recovery and re-learning, the habits and beliefs I formed during my vegan experience still linger in corners like the ghost of a friend who passed unexpectedly.

I want to bring that friend back. I will simply have to be more careful this time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:51 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

zero33 wrote:
I was vegan for what felt like a lifetime. I thought I was doing well - a tofu-making, seitan-steaming, nut-fermenting, kale shake-guzzling, nutrient-counting vegan with a god-damned capital "V".

Sadly, my body and mind were being damaged by the way I implemented the lifestyle. I refused to believe it at first, but it was quantified by tests and I gave in.

Now, after months of recovery and re-learning, the habits and beliefs I formed during my vegan experience still linger in corners like the ghost of a friend who passed unexpectedly.

I want to bring that friend back. I will simply have to be more careful this time.

God I can relate.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:11 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Just doing the obligatory first post so I don't get deleted. After the roasted pepper / cashew Mac and "cheese" fooled my 3 year olds, I figured I'd better sign up for an account.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm new! I'm a once upon a time vegan...haven't been for years but most days eat unintentionally in that way anyway. I just don't impose strict guidelines anymore but I tend to lean in that direction.

I love cats, books, fluffy blankets...things of that nature. I also enjoy learning about anything and everything. I'm a perpetual student and I live in a place where it is very cold during the winter and blahh the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:11 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello,
My first post - I'm a vegan mom in a house full of carnivorous boys, but standing my ground.
I'm committed to sneaking veggies into their muffins and meatloaf! Little by little the kale will take over!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi. New here and new to veganism. I made the decision on January 8, 2014. One of the easiest things I've ever done. One of the first things I did was order two of Isa's cookbooks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 am 
Tofu Pup

Good morning! I just joined a couple minutes ago, and can already tell this'll be a fun place to hang out. YAY!

I went veggie in 2008, vegan in 2009, then met my now-husband in late 2010, and slowly dropped ALL MY VEGAN THINGS. And gained 40 pounds. And felt like crepe. My husband and I have dabbled back into veganism over the last few years, but work schedules and laziness has gotten in the way of us fully plunging back to a healthier way of living... until now. We've been 100% vegan (again) for the past week, armed with almost all of Isa's books (and a few others), our freezer is full of pre-made lunches and dinners and stocks so we can never again use the excuse that we were hungry and had "no choice" but to run through a drive-thru. WHEW! Long road, but knowing what happens to my body when I eat animal products is a SERIOUS wake up call. Never, ever again.

I'm Charo, and I love tater tots.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

I can't believe I waited so long to register for this place. A whole community of people talking about things I care about, non-judgmentally, encouraging each other, supporting each other and accepting each other? Respectfully? Either I'm having a case of the vapours or I'm finally home.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all! New here, I'm an Australian living in Berlin and have been vegan 16+ years. I'm an artist (painter). I'd love to meet some new vegan friends.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 pm 
Grandfathered In

Hello, new peoples.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Welcomes, all! <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:35 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hey everybody,

My first post after a period of lurking around! I live in the south of the Netherlands with my two cats and my BF.
My english in writhing is challenged (like bad...) so i hope i can communicate in a proper maner with you all! :)

Jeeee! ^^ I love being her already!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:33 pm 
Tofu Pup

I've been lurking for years, been vegan since 2009, vegetarian for two years before that. I love yoga....lately I've been getting healthier physically and I love it! I also have a three-legged cat named Daphne who likes to have dance parties with me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:43 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello, everyone! I'm Ashley, and I used to be a member of the old message boards. I am newly vegetarian again, but I eat very little dairy and eggs, just fish a few times a week. I'm always looking for healthy recipes and am making an effort to stay away from processed vegetarian and vegan foods. I really want to cook from scratch and be serious about it this time. I spent too much money on MorningStar and other starchy items that didn't taste good or make me feel good. I enjoy cooking, so I look forward to getting my hands and kitchen dirty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 66  Next