| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hi there! A vegetarian for 25 years, vegan for 3-4 years, a runner and punk music lover.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:09 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! After being a vegetarian for 11 years, I've now been vegan for a month. I'm a History Education student, a dog lover, and a big TV/movie fan.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:45 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello there~ I've been vegan for a month now (I wrote it on my calendar). I did not pass the Vegetarian Go, I did not collect 200 (soy) bucks- I decided I couldn't live with consuming anything remotely animal related anymore and just quit it cold tofurkey without actually thinking about it before hand.

Turned out to be the best leap before I looked in my life yet. Oh and I drug my husband along for the ride.

I am an amateur-or-in-training violinist, astronomer, photographer, runner and yogi. I write constantly, read voraciously, collect found objects, drink a metric ton of tea, share my house with two cats, a corgi, a rabbit, a bearded dragon and a tarantula, love video games, am super geeky about science and like to draw in my spare time (which is almost non-existent).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:09 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

PAdude wrote:
Hi there! A vegetarian for 25 years, vegan for 3-4 years, a runner and punk music lover.

Welcome PAdude, Futurella and theoreticbeast!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I've been vegan for 8 months and gluten free for one month. I'm doing my best to eat as clean as possible (organic, no refined sugars, non-GMO, etc.) and so far, it's been the best decision I ever made, for the planet and for my health. I'm a non-drinker and non-smoker, too. Funny, considering I grew up in a Russian Jewish immigrant family...how far I fell from the tree. :)

Basically, I'm just a huge nerd. I read a LOT--mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and mystery. Some of my tattoos were inspired by my favorite books. I write a little. I watch a lot of nerdy shows on Netflix. I love Disney movies. I'm also really musical. I grew up playing piano and singing. I sing in my city's Civic Chorus. I've been a really big punk, psycho/rockabilly, jazz, reggae, and ska fan since junior high. I work as an elementary school teacher. I married my high school sweetheart and we have a 4-year-old son. (DH and DS are both omnivores. I had to pick my battles.) Together we've rescued 2 cats and a pit bull.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

adev0tchka wrote:
Hi everyone! I've been vegan for 8 months and gluten free for one month. I'm doing my best to eat as clean as possible (organic, no refined sugars, non-GMO, etc.) and so far, it's been the best decision I ever made, for the planet and for my health. I'm a non-drinker and non-smoker, too. Funny, considering I grew up in a Russian Jewish immigrant family...how far I fell from the tree. :)

Basically, I'm just a huge nerd. I read a LOT--mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and mystery. Some of my tattoos were inspired by my favorite books. I write a little. I watch a lot of nerdy shows on Netflix. I love Disney movies. I'm also really musical. I grew up playing piano and singing. I sing in my city's Civic Chorus. I've been a really big punk, psycho/rockabilly, jazz, reggae, and ska fan since junior high. I work as an elementary school teacher. I married my high school sweetheart and we have a 4-year-old son. (DH and DS are both omnivores. I had to pick my battles.) Together we've rescued 2 cats and a pit bull.

Welcome Ade! Interesting to hear you're gluten free. I'm wanting to go gluten free as well, am currently eating less gluten and feeling better for it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! My name is Brittany, I'm 25 years old. I have been vegetarian for the past six years, but just recently decided to make the switch to becoming vegan.

I live in Wisconsin, land of cheese, so it's super hard to give that up, though I believe that I can do it, despite midnight cravings for swiss cheese sandwhiches. I work at a bookshop, and when I'm not working I spend my time with Netflix, reading, getting crafty, going hiking, and apartment/roommate hunting (seriously the worst thing one could experience).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hello & Welcome Brittany! There are lots of Vegans in Wisconsin - check out the upcoming MadCity Vegan Fest (June 7th) if you get the chance: http://www.veganfest.org Also, have you seen this: http://www.veganmilwaukee.com ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm 
Tofu Pup

Oops I made my own thread. Was I not supposed to? Anyways, as I say in the thread I'm Pakistani-American and am on the constant search for ghee-less, paneer-less south Asian food.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:54 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Welcome Bijan! I don't think it matters too much, we're glad to say hi wherever. If you're ever in the UK I recommend visiting Leicester, we have some great South Indian veg restaurants with good vegan choices.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

After looking around this website, I'm confused as to what its about. I thought it was just about veganism and vegan recipes, but there seems to be a lot more!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

@mrsbadmouth what is that "the tree is his penis" poem??

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey all! My name's Evelyn, been vegan for 7 years and am addicted to nachos. The 'cheesier' the better!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Hey Evelyn, welcome!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:06 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Brae, or Bobbi. A newb here and to veganism (2mos), health reasons and an egg allergy.
Mother of 4, grandmother of 11, and mom to three 4-legged babies, 1 k9, 2 kitties.
I live with my partner in coastal Alabama.
I'm a fan of all things Isa. :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey all! I'm a newly aspiring Vegan as of two days ago. I'm off to somewhat of a rough start, but hoping to be able to stick with the diet :) Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:53 am 
Tofu Pup

hy just joined ......got the ISA duz IT and we are in awe (yeah shock n awe) wht didnt we do this before!
the point is we are in south africa and wonder are there others joining this site ......?
theres loads we need to source ........you know miso .....etc and we need a customer critical mass to get it going.
oh yeah for instance vital wheat gluten ..........
if any one out there is local then let us know

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

lunaspatronus wrote:
Hello! My name is Brittany, I'm 25 years old. I have been vegetarian for the past six years, but just recently decided to make the switch to becoming vegan.

I live in Wisconsin, land of cheese, so it's super hard to give that up, though I believe that I can do it, despite midnight cravings for swiss cheese sandwhiches. I work at a bookshop, and when I'm not working I spend my time with Netflix, reading, getting crafty, going hiking, and apartment/roommate hunting (seriously the worst thing one could experience).

Welcome Brittany!

Cheese is often the hardest thing to give up. There is morphine in cheese that makes it so addictive. In any species mother's milk to their young is morphine, not morphine like compounds, actual morphine. It's natural, not added and I guess it's the biological basis for the mother and child bond. When I went vegan, many years ago, I kept reminding myself where the cheese came from, then it always was easy to say no and stay away from it. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:08 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Welcome arke and slow!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:46 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Hello everyone!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I've been vegan for 2 years or so, just finding my way through. I am trying to cook more at home, and feel like I need to get more active in the ppk forums. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:22 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hello! I was vegetarian for 6 yrs and got off track. Too much partying, meat eating, sin, etc. Transitioning to veganism. An advanced thank you to everything! Already so much inspiration.

Im a 22 your old chick from KY living in MA now. Love spending my days cooking veggie meals for the meat eaters i live with! Im into sipping hot tea reading urban fantasy books with the sounds of a thunderstorm creeping in from an open window. I also love yoga, juggalo shiitake, and the outdoors in general. Im a bit lonely as I just moved across the country. Feel free to message me!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:19 am 
Tofu Pup

Graduated from Ohio University in Athens OH just this month. I have to complete an internship worth 6 credits to finish my degree so I opted to take two online courses in order to be considered full time. This allowed me to keep my financial aid. I am enrolled in two courses; a COMS class and a Food and Wellness Class. In the food class, we watched Food, Inc. and Vegucated. After seeing Vegucated, I really want to try to become a vegetarian. I know that the college diet of processed food and alcohol has had adverse effects of my health. I am 22 and have high blood pressure, am always sleepy, and just feel a sort of disconnect. I feel that if I change my diet, I will be able to improve my overall health.
Glad I found this forum! I cannot wait to see how this goes!

Post subject: Hello fellow newbies!
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:03 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey fellow PPK newbies!

I'm Fran and I'm from Yorkshire (Leeds) in the UK. I have been vegetarian about 7 years and I have recently been making the transition to veganism. The change has been easier than I though, it seems good health food is more readily available then when I tried about 5 years ago. I haven't eaten any animal products for three weeks now and I have really noticed a difference, especially in my skin which has recently been problematic; but with no dairy and less sugar it's almost cleared up!

I am visual communication student with a particular interest in paper cut illustrations and zines. I would describe myself as an activist and I promote the arts through workshops and education as much as I can.

Looking forward to chatting to some of you on PPK soon :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:53 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm wearing a pink polka dot shirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next