| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 am 
Tofu Pup

Luna wrote:
Hey, I'm Luna and I'm from Wales. I'm vegan, married & have a nearly four year son.
I love cooking and love reading cook books!

<----------- That's Poppy and she's one of quite a few kitties who live with us, as well as a border collie & four hens!

I have a border collie, too! Her name is Cindy and she's pushing 15, and she thinks my stepdad's kitty, Rex, is her puppy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:54 am 
Tofu Pup

And now I should probably introduce myself. *clears throat*

Veggie Goth, 23-year-old college student, YOOOOOOOOOGE Harry Potter fan (and my avatar is my favorite ship [aka "relationship, usually romantic"], Snape/Lily) and Alan Rickman devotee, crazy cat lady-in-training, hopelessly addicted to The Sims FreePlay on my phone, and currently all flavors of happy because of Syfy's Twilight Zone marathon.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 am 
Tofu Pup

My name is Kevin. I am a line cook by trade, and a vegan only since the end of December. Was a vegetarian previously for four and a half years but went back to being a carnist. So now I am going all out and committing to a lifetime of veganism. Even after a short time there is a, at least to myself, noticeable and positive change in the way I feel, which I am sure will continue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 am 
Nailed to the V

Snewb wrote:
My name is Kevin. I am a line cook by trade, and a vegan only since the end of December. Was a vegetarian previously for four and a half years but went back to being a carnist. So now I am going all out and committing to a lifetime of veganism. Even after a short time there is a, at least to myself, noticeable and positive change in the way I feel, which I am sure will continue.

Welcome! <3
I'm glad you joined. Please note that you will be tested. On what? Not sure. But you will be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hello folks,

This is a slightly cheeky 'new member' post as I've been lurking for quite a while now. One of my 2012 resolutions was to kick my Facebook habit and try to get back into that old spirit of online networking, instead of immersing myself unhealthily and passively into the lives of my friends and my friends' friends and generally becoming more neurotic :) So I've taken a deep breath and cast myself adrift into the ocean of real life.........and Twitter (@fooldramaqueen) and forums :D

So to say hello properly, my name is Jenny, I am 30 and live in Manchester with my (non veggie) boyfriend and cat. I work for a University and generally spend my time cooking, baking, visiting bleak National Trust locations, taking photos, and trying desperately to save up for my next holiday....... I don't know any other vegans 'in real life', though have been vegan for 3+ years now.

I am a mahoosive fan of the PPK related cookbooks and have been particularly obsessed with Appetite for Reduction lately as I am desperately trying to live healthier....having just turned 30 (and feeling in many ways no more mature than 17) I have been plunged mercilessly into grown-up existence and am suddenly very concerned about Being Old and Unhealthy and Diabetes and not fitting into my favourite trousers...

So anyway - a big hello to all you regulars, and indeed all you other lurkers like me. I hope to make some like minded contacts/friends here, as I've meant to do for the past 3 years or so!

Jenny.

Cake! / Foody Blog

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello all, I have just signed up although I was a member here years ago - I'm the Lurker, 35 from Aberdeen in Scotland, vegan for 4 years, veggie for 20. don't tend to post much online these days but I will chip in when I'm bored at work (like right now) - I'm also the Lurker on a few other sites. I have 2 veggie children and a sometime-veggie wife, I like hill walking and other such things and am currently eating cold broccoli left over from last night's tea.

So . . . Hello.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Hello, my name is Leonardo, or Leo.

I have seen post-punk kitchen stuff elsewhere, but had no idea there was a forum until yesterday when I was doing a search for "post punk record collecting" and came across a thread here.
I was born and raised a vegetarian, and have remained ever loyal.

I'm residing as of late in the Denver area. Switzerland on tater-tots. Currently a grad student of sorts, lots of interests, runs on caffeine and tofu.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi guys! My name's Nicky c: I'm an art student in California and have been vegan for about seven years now!

You would think that in art school of all places you'd meet plenty of new vegan friends, but alas! Vegans remain a rare breed in these parts, I believe. U n U It didn't really dawn on me until recently when one of my best friends suggested we join ppk together to meet all sorts of like-dieted folk, so... here we are! <3

Oh yeah, I hope you guys don't mind text faces, I make them aaallll the time o u o

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey all.

I'm a grad student currently living in DC, originally from NYC.

Vegan for five years now, vegetarian for seven.

Discovered the blog a couple months back and the forum shortly after that. figured maybe i should stop lurking and actually post :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello Everyone. I am in the process of going vegan. Today is my first day of not eating animal products, and i am starting to transition my household and beauty products to cruelty-free (i was really surprised to find out some of the natural products that i have at home are not cruelty-free). I'm excited to lurk around and read all your posts and find out new and interesting things.
By the way: I'm 24 years old, I hail from the beautiful temperate rainforest known as southeast alaska, but at the moment i am stranded in North Carolina with my handsome husband, my jack-russle Hermes, and my little black cat Artemis. I have another dog, a treeing feist named Hera, who is currently up in alaska chilling with the parental-units until our housing situation changes. I love all of them o_O...and thats me in a nut shell.

P.S. I <3 tater-tots...maybe because i <3 potatoes...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone!

I'm a registered dietitian in Pittsburgh, PA. Originally from a tiny country bumpkin town in Ohio. They didn't like my meatless eating ways in Ohio so they kicked me out :(. Just kidden'

I'm 24, live with my husband (married Oct 2011) and our puppy-doo named Razor, he's an australian kelpie and so freaken cute I couldn't imagine my life without him!!

Working out the kinks of vegan eating- trying to get the hang of alooooot of label reading (and also the disappointment when I find that it is not vegan as I originally thought).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

More new people! Welcome!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:08 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,
my name is Val and I'm a 35 y.o. German National, happily married to a US Navy man, mom to 2 kids and 2 Sicilian street cats we adopted. Tommy Boy (or Thomaso if we call him by his real Italian name) is about 3 [with us since 2.5 years] and Minkus will turn 1 this coming May. [We got him when he was 8 weeks old]
I've lurked for quite some time and thought it's about time to finally make a small intro! ;)

I've been vegetarian for almost 6 years until I finally made the switch and became vegan this past summer! So far I'm the only vegan in my family; both my husband and son (6) are omnis, though thankfully we rarely have any meat in the house and my husband loves (most of the time) my vegan meals! ;) My daughter (10) recently made the switch to being a vegetarian/almost-vegan.

I'm seriously addicted to vegan cookbooks and of course have all of Isa's books! Oops.. no, actually I don't have the last pie one.. but it'll join the collection eventually, I'm sure! ;)

We're currently stationed in Sicily, Italy, since almost 4 years now and have 1.5 more to go until we'll retire in Germany. And no, it's not as romantic living here as one might think! Especially not if you're a vegan for ethical reasons and see mistreated and/or abandoned animals left and right here!.. (Not to mention the trash everywhere etc.)
But things could be worse and I'm thankful for being able to get things from the US through our military mail; not only essential things like nutritional yeast and such (which doesn't seem to exist in this country and the store on base doesn't carry it..) but also books to support my addiction! ;)

~*Be the change you wish to see in the world.*~ Mahatma Ghandi

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all! After lurking for a long time then finally registering last month, I thought I should post SOMETHING.

My name is Jody, I have been vegetarian for 20 years and vegan for the past year. My boyfriend (also recently vegan) and I live with our four beautiful cat children near Los Angeles.

Oh yeah, I REALLY like kale (more than tater tots)!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:21 am 
Tofu Pup

I am the Donut Robot! And I am awesome! And I don't want to get deleted! And today is my birthday!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Donut Robot wrote:
I am the Donut Robot! And I am awesome! And I don't want to get deleted! And today is my birthday!

Happy Birthday - Hope you got some donuts!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, everybody! I'm Kat - I've been here awhile but I mostly lurk around, and since Isa says she needs to delete people who don't post I figured today was as good as any to introduce myself! Hello! I'm addicted to kale chips and nooch and I'm not afraid to admit it in such esteemed company!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello. I've been lurking on these boards for a while and am newly vegan since the start of the year. It's going pretty well so far (although trying to find PPK ingredients in the UK can be a bit of a mission), mostly missing cheese, but I guess that's a pretty usual experience! ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but not new to the site. My name is Nichole and I've been vegan for just over a year now. I am a bit obsessed with vegan baking and French fries. I also figured today was a good day to introduce myself. So, Hi!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:00 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Hello lovelies! I've been lurking on and off for a while and finally actually made an Official Account. I was a fat vegetarian for almost 20 years and pretty much crept into being a fat vegan over the last few. I live with my omnivorous (but mostly vegetarian) sweetheart (who's the one who bought me The Veganomicon when it came out!) and we keep a vegetarian kitchen. I'm also posting to escape the dreaded purge but I'm excited to be here - Officially! I also am fond of parenthetical asides.

Currently wearing: leggings, skirt, two shirts and a hoodie because the Bay Area is one giant icicle lately.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Welcome, fellow Bay Arean!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm 
Dead by dawn

Welcome, fellow fan of parenthetical asides (at least half of my posts include parentheses.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello! My name is Joy and I am a longtime lurker. I saw Isa tweet earlier today that she is deleting accounts of users with no posts (due to spammers). So this is my first post. I just wanted to say that I love the vegan community and especially those on this forum. Thank you all so much for making my life richer, happier, and tastier!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 am 
Huffs Nooch

Hey, my name is Chad! I've been on the board for a couple years. First as a lurker and then as an infrequent poster. I figured I should introduce myself since I feel like I know a lot of you (especially from peering in some of the sex threads in the "health" threads!) yet have remained anonymous. It makes me feel a little creepy!

Anyways, yes, my name is Chad. I am 25 years old and finally just graduated college with a generic English degree. I live in West Michigan and have been super excited to see how veggie friendly the area has become. I've been vegetarian for about 2 years, and am slowly tapering toward veganism. Having a vegan girlfriend has definitely been a huge influence on me in a very positive way. Exploring veganism has woken up a new found love of cooking for me. I also like coffee and beer (only good beer though!)

I enjoy writing (have been working on my first novel for like 2 years now), listening to tunes, my puppy, cuddling, you know, the usual things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

HELLO!
I am Laura. I am the married mother of three rescued cats. I love to run, I love to cook, and I love to eat. I've been involved in a lurid affair with Bacardi for years. When I was 26 I got to hug Trent Reznor. This summer I got to hug Marc Maron. I like hugging people. I've never had chicken pox. My husband was born on the Fourth of July, just like that movie. My maiden name meant "God's House" in Danish. I love Detroit. I love Up North. I love lakes. I love you.

Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 63  Next