| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, my name is Margaret and I live in Yorkshire in the UK. I have been vegan 4.5 years and vegetarian before that from the age of 25. I am now 60 with a husband and 3 children. My son and his family live in San Francisco and my two daughters live in the UK.

We have a small family business selling cloth nappies hand made in Yorkshire. I don't have much time to cook but cookies and cupcakes are always appreciated when I take them into work. I have just been reading on the net about people including whole families that pay a lot of money to shoot giraffes. There are lots of photos of smiling people with dead animals. Truly sickening. I am glad to be amongst peaceful folk here. Xxx.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

stumbled across "fav tv chef" thread on ppk when i googled "katie brown is so annoying."

guess i was meant to find this forum.

vegan for 14 yrs, before that i was vegetarian for 18 yrs. looking to hang out, discuss, swap recipes and other ideas, learn, and grow a bit here.

=)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hi all :) I'm Kari, I'm 29 and I live in Southern Indiana with my husband and our three dogs -- two dachshunds and a yorkie. I haven't had any meat since November and am currently working on transitioning to a vegan diet. I was vegetarian once before in graduate school and wound up gradually eating meat again -- I don't intend to do that this time because I feel completely different about why I am doing it this time. I know more about the factory farming industry now than I did then, and that is not something I can support in good conscience, right down to the dairy and eggs, so ovo-lacto isn't going to work for me this time.

I am still working on the finer points of label reading...finding milk in a lot of things that you would not think have milk in them! But I'm also replacing my cheese-love with a love for Daiya and am realizing how much better I feel when I don't consume all that animal fat and cholesterol.

I also love to knit, am a hobbyist photographer, and I love to read. I love my job -- I work for Weight Watchers as a receptionist and enjoy getting to help others reach their healthy living goals.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello.

I registered just to tell Isa "thank you." I'm sure I'm not new in that regard. Vegan since the end of November (post Thanksgiving) after watching "Forks over Knives" and "Food, Inc." December is my wife's busiest time of the year, so I used "Appetite for Reduction" and "Veganomicon" to feed the family, and I still cook from both very often. In many ways those books have "saved us." I've also used quite a bit from the blog.

So, thank you for your books, your blog, and all you do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm 
Impressive boner

So many new members! Happy to meet you all :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone!

I'm Rose, I'm 20 and from Cambridgeshire (UK). I'm happy to have found this place...it looks like it combines everything in life that I like! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm 
Tofu Pup

I feel like I should be a part of a forum. It's very 2000 of me. Anyway - Bryan, writer, 35, Oregon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

jordanpattern wrote:
Welcome, fellow Bay Arean!

Aw, yay! It's so nice to be here. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

monkeytoes wrote:
Welcome, fellow fan of parenthetical asides (at least half of my posts include parentheses.)

Awesomely enough, the very next post I saw from you did just that! So great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This girl's maybe a bit too much at home here: I posted 50 posts in little over a week and I'm wearing a PPK-shirt while writing this. Finally joining this forum was like emerging myself in a warm bath. I've been vegan for 2 months and got here after an argument with my omni s.o. I know very few vegans in real life, so I came here for the community. The people I talked to were so sweet and understanding and I ended up having dinner with a PPK'er that very same night.

Seriously, if joining a cult feels this good, I don't want to be right.

So yeah, I'm a 26-year-old history grad student who's way past her sell by date, but loves her work on political history and civil society nonetheless. I live in the Netherlands with my cat, who's fab.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all...I have been Vegan for about 6 months and looking for great new info and recipes...Tagore tots...maybe homemade without the truffle oil they use in fancy restaurants ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:16 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hi there. I'm Suzanne.

Can't remember my old PPK name way back when - was offline for a long long while. Glad to be back in the PPK among the vegan nuts! Thanks everybody for this fabulous forum.

Let's see... I'm a single white vegan from the deep south - tots! hush puppies! grits! - yes I have baggage- living in the northwest surrounded by glorious trees and mountains and pretentious northwesterners.

Love it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:16 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi all. I love this place! My name is La Donna and live in Coeur d'Alene, ID. I've been a vegan exactly 21 days, and so far it's been way easier than I thought it would be, even with two potlucks thrown in the mix. I've been a vegetarian for almost 15 years and can't believe it took me this long to take the plunge. I'm also a "returning student" on my way to becoming a PT Assistant, and I really should be studying. I've been devouring these forums the last few weeks and feel guilty because...I really should be studying. But I'd rather be cooking! And I fall in firmly and unapologetically with the anti-tot crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:57 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hey my name is Kate and I`m a chocoholic. My meals are often desserts in diguise... but don`t tell anyone!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
UnReFiNeD: http://nocrapdiet.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hey everyone! I'm a 27 year old female grad student who has been vegetarian for 10 or 11 years now. I was vegan for a few years in college and recently decided to give it another go. I am lucky enough to live right outside of New York City. :)

I love love love cooking and baking, music, reading, and my dog.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:13 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi all, I'm Lisa, long time lurker. Just posting so I don't get deleted, thanks for all the tips guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi Everyone! I bake cakes. I recently learned of VCTOTW. I wanted to learn more, so here I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi! I'm Sally. I live in Cincinnati, OH with my husband, our two cats and our dog. I like to plan things for my house that I never get around to. I'm wearing some grubby jeans and a tee 'cuz it's my day off and I can. My fave color is green and I enjoy a good tot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:17 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Hi! You may call me chaioli. I guess I've been lurking on the PPK forum for a few years now (back before the "new" forum was launched), and I've finally decided to register a name.

I've been a dietary vegan for a good 4 years. I live with my vegan boyfriend in the SF Bay Area, and I like eating out at all the vegan and vegan-friendly places I'm lucky enough to have out here. I like knitting, cooking, baking, and pretending I know how to apply makeup on myself.

Anyway, I look forward to finally being able to post my own recipes, interesting stories, and silly pictures on the forum. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello there, my name is Brian. I used to chime in on the forums here years ago, somehow fell out of that, and have since re-registered. I've met some of you in person before-- virginwithamemory, footface, monkeytoes and a girl from bellingham whose username I don't remember. At Olympia & Seattle events. Roughly 4yrs ago or more

I live in Spokane, Washington now. Before this I lived in Seattle, Olympia, briefly in Portland. Spokane is OK, slowly becoming more vegan-friendly a place. But not very. I know barely anyone here who's into veganism and barely anyone I have much in common with. Part of the reason I'm checking back in with you, ppk people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm Dolsey - I was on PPK years ago, and I'm so happy to be back! I'll be visiting the Playground a lot - we're planning for a vegan pregnancy sometime next year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:45 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Welcome back, oldies, and welcome, new folks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Tenacious LD wrote:
Hi all. I love this place! My name is La Donna and live in Coeur d'Alene, ID. I've been a vegan exactly 21 days, and so far it's been way easier than I thought it would be, even with two potlucks thrown in the mix. I've been a vegetarian for almost 15 years and can't believe it took me this long to take the plunge. I'm also a "returning student" on my way to becoming a PT Assistant, and I really should be studying. I've been devouring these forums the last few weeks and feel guilty because...I really should be studying. But I'd rather be cooking! And I fall in firmly and unapologetically with the anti-tot crowd.

bridean wrote:
I live in Spokane, Washington now. Before this I lived in Seattle, Olympia, briefly in Portland. Spokane is OK, slowly becoming more vegan-friendly a place. But not very. I know barely anyone here who's into veganism and barely anyone I have much in common with. Part of the reason I'm checking back in with you, ppk people.

OOOH!!! People in my neighborhood!!! HI!!! Welcome La Donna, and welcome back Brian! I'm over in Browne's Addition... if either of you is ever in my neck of the woods let me know and we'll grab pizza.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

bridean wrote:
Hello there, my name is Brian. I used to chime in on the forums here years ago, somehow fell out of that, and have since re-registered. I've met some of you in person before-- virginwithamemory, footface, monkeytoes and a girl from bellingham whose username I don't remember. At Olympia & Seattle events. Roughly 4yrs ago or more

Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:33 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I'm Tom, I live in London(UK). I'm just a man :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 65  Next