| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hi there. longtime lurker here (I konw all of you you, yet you don't know me dundunduuun *creep*). I thought it was time to finally register and participate in the wonderful insanity that is the PPK.
I'm 27, from Germany, been a vegetarian with strong "vegan leanings" for about four years and am finally crossing over to the light side.

Darkest secret: Never had tater tots.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 am 
Tofu Pup

Yea, longtime lurker coming out.

Vegan with the works, I convert and teach and donate and feel active in my community but...don't actually know anybody in my community it feels like. My 90% vegan restaurant just became a meat place and so a customer and I were talking and I realized I know a lot of vegans but I don't talk to a lot of vegans in my day to day outside of home and a few social gatherings. I'm starting to miss talking to vegans all the time. It's time I got to know more of us:)

I live in Oakland and am from San Francisco - we're everywhere out here, but I haven't seen so many of us the last few weeks. So I'm joining your forums finally:)

I'm Lali! I like food! And having nice times!

aaaand done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm paula and I live way out in the wops in Northland, New Zealand with my partner bea, stellah and pepper the dogs; gus, che, taz and pablo the alpacas, 9 bantam hens and 4 bantam roosters. just got 'veganomicon' and 'the kind diet' thru book depository. also currently hooked on minimalist footwear running having read 'born to run' last year.

forgive me my lack of witty things to say!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 am 
Tofu Pup

I'm Memy. I'm turning 50 this year. I've been vegan for 2 years, vegetarian before that for three years and meat masticator ( sob) before that. You can teach an old dog new tricks.
I'm Clearly Canadian* and alternate between Big City Alberta and Very small town Nova Scotia. I listen to Andrea Botcelli and GoGo Bordello, read voraciously and can often be found in the sixth busiest library in North America.
I don't believe in owning a purse worth more than the usual daily financial contents.
I don't believe in dying your hair unless its to Teal, Hot Pink, Lipstick Red or Grass Green.
Big Box Religion is just wrong. Organized religion...organized crime..a coincedance? I think not.
My Cat and Dog are Brothers and BFF's They are unaware that we are not all the same species ( except that I don't scratch in the box or shock the neighbors in the back yard!)
The Republican Stuff currently on TV is some of the best Comedy Programming I've seen in years! Wow it must suck to be an American voter.( Most Canucks luv Obama)

What's a Tator Tot?
Cheers, Memy
*It's a song. Look it up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I am a brand new member of these forums... I've been vegan on and off for the last few years, I've also been battling with gut problems and I always seems to feel better on a plant based diet, right now I'm working on getting more raw foods in my diet. I'm lactose-intolerant and gluten-intolerant. Right now, I'm wearing my comfy just woke up clothes, sweatpants, a t-shirt and a cardi.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi,

new to the forum, I posted a wee intro on the UK & Ireland forum. Not vegan but veggie (hope you won't hold that against me!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey! Another longtime lurker here.

I'm Caitlin, and I'm a theatre student living in Vancouver, BC. I love metal in a variety of forms (black, death, doom, heavy), Star Wars, baking, craft beer, and travel. I work in a veg restaurant and have recently begun making the transition from vegetarian to vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone! I love tots, but haven't tried kale :S --working on it! I'm vegan and looking for some healthy recipes... possibly containing kale ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Lurker saying hello! I don't ID as vegan, but am a vegetarian that eats like one. I enjoy nooch, unsweetened coconut, and long walks on the beach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi all, coming back after being off for awhile. I was a lurker, then I was a worker-kicker-of-my-butt, and now I'm back. Vegan for the past 2 years, although I'm finding the struggle to remain vegan in a non-vegan household an awful lot of work. But, hi!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

Longtime lurker who finally decided to bite the bullet and join the forums! After ten years of being a vegetarian I went full on vegan almost two years ago. It's rough with three very omni roommates and no vegan friends, so these forums are amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:05 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi all! I'm a CA resident who has been a vegetarian for about 11 years now, and just recently shifted to near-vegan thanks to problems eating dairy. I'm hoping to learn more about this strange new world of dairy-free and get some great recipe ideas. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:56 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Heya! Longtime vegan who just moved from the snowy Stockholm to the lovely London. Have been following the ppk blog for quite some time now and this forum keeps getting up in my google search results so I figured I might as well join. =)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 am 
Tofu Pup

I am living in rural western Ireland..I adore beetroot, am wearing a summer dress with a winter cardigan and long warm socks...about to eat a bowl of lentil soup with home-made spelt soda bread for lunch. I walk/ramble/play in nature, take photographs, sing, dance, cook and really enjoy my work as a music therapist. I am loving the recipes I have seen here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 pm 
Tofu Pup

monkeytoes wrote:
bridean wrote:
Hello there, my name is Brian. I used to chime in on the forums here years ago, somehow fell out of that, and have since re-registered. I've met some of you in person before-- virginwithamemory, footface, monkeytoes and a girl from bellingham whose username I don't remember. At Olympia & Seattle events. Roughly 4yrs ago or more

I live in Spokane, Washington now. Before this I lived in Seattle, Olympia, briefly in Portland. Spokane is OK, slowly becoming more vegan-friendly a place. But not very. I know barely anyone here who's into veganism and barely anyone I have much in common with. Part of the reason I'm checking back in with you, ppk people.

Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back.

Hey there :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:42 pm 
Tofu Pup

zensquiggle wrote:
Tenacious LD wrote:
Hi all. I love this place! My name is La Donna and live in Coeur d'Alene, ID. I've been a vegan exactly 21 days, and so far it's been way easier than I thought it would be, even with two potlucks thrown in the mix. I've been a vegetarian for almost 15 years and can't believe it took me this long to take the plunge. I'm also a "returning student" on my way to becoming a PT Assistant, and I really should be studying. I've been devouring these forums the last few weeks and feel guilty because...I really should be studying. But I'd rather be cooking! And I fall in firmly and unapologetically with the anti-tot crowd.

bridean wrote:
I live in Spokane, Washington now. Before this I lived in Seattle, Olympia, briefly in Portland. Spokane is OK, slowly becoming more vegan-friendly a place. But not very. I know barely anyone here who's into veganism and barely anyone I have much in common with. Part of the reason I'm checking back in with you, ppk people.

OOOH!!! People in my neighborhood!!! HI!!! Welcome La Donna, and welcome back Brian! I'm over in Browne's Addition... if either of you is ever in my neck of the woods let me know and we'll grab pizza.

Right on, that sounds good! I'm overdue for Pacific Ave pizza. Especially if i can get virginwithamemory to come along too (not even sure if she's still an admin or active ppk forum member anymore)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm 
Exists

Hi, I'm Meg. I'm not exactly new to this forum but I'm a bit shy and I don't want to get deleted for not posting anything. I'm in Winnipeg aka Winterpeg, Manitoba. I work in finance and dream of the day when I can go back to school and/or become an organic farmer. Le sigh, someday....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:17 pm 
Dead by dawn

Megameg wrote:
Hi, I'm Meg. I'm not exactly new to this forum but I'm a bit shy and I don't want to get deleted for not posting anything. I'm in Winnipeg aka Winterpeg, Manitoba. I work in finance and dream of the day when I can go back to school and/or become an organic farmer. Le sigh, someday....

Girl, you are the non-shyest person I know!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm 
Exists

monkeytoes wrote:
Megameg wrote:

Girl, you are the non-shyest person I know!

I am when I'm not in person! Did I just do this right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hey everyone, my name is Jacob. I'm a HUGE music fan. All about music news and such. Uhhh I am quite the fan of tots. I am from Illinois. My favorite color is blue, in which I am currently rocking a blue Bill Cosby sweater.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

Whaddup PPK. My name is Kymba, I love Isa's cookbooks. I live in Ohio, and I am an equal opportunity potato consumer.
Some of the best people I know are animals. See you around!

Edit: I'm somewhat of a Luddite, I can't figure out how to create an avatar on an iPad. Durrrrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:02 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Hi everyone! I'm excited to finally be a part of PPK, and tater tots rock my world. And my name is Lyndsay.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

hello folks,

newbie here, veggie for 17 years, toyed with the idea of veganism but put off with how much (the mistaken) effort it would be, bought the Asian Vegan Kitchen and Appetite for reduction and went dairy free a few days a week and now have now been on a solely vegan diet for a month and its not that difficult! Actually think am enjoying food more knowing there is no guilt involved. Cheese was my weakness and its actually made me be more imaginative when cooking now not resorting to cheese. (I never ate eggs and I don't miss milk).

I've just ordered vegan cup cakes take over the world, discovering the pit falls of shopping - avoiding palm oil, looking at chocolate, thinking its dark, has no contains milk advise and then discovering its because it was milk chocolate duh and it takes me so much longer, why don't they label things 'suitable for vegans' and then vegetarians know its okay as well.

but loving it, and looking forward to chatting with you all!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hi all! I joined a few years ago but lurked and got lost. Isa got me back on track :)

I went vegan in my 40's (vegetarian for eight years then transitioned) and now am pretty much obsessed with how awesome vegan food is. I live in New York.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:14 pm 
Wonderful Nordic Woman

Hi,

I found the forum while googling vegan Trader Joe's products, which brought me to this forum and that thread. I poked around a bit because I have a couple PPK cookbooks (including the best ever vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!). I decided to join and put a post in the Trader Joe's thread. And one here, too :)

Nice to meet you all. I've been vegan almost 10 years (hence the username), and I was vegetarian on and off again for many years before that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 67  Next