| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:44 am 
Tofu Pup

Hellooo! I'm Lauren, I've been a vegetarian for several years now and recently decided to transition to veganism. I am basically the worst in the kitchen (or so I think, although either that's a lie or my friends have been making me feel good about my feeble cooking attempts) so things will probably be eh, shaky in terms of my dishes but hey, who doesn't need practicing :]

Oh and I'm from Philadelphia, my favorite color is maroon, and tater tots are the best thing to happen to a potato.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 pm 
Tofu Pup

new to this board - new also to new england (and actually a suburb of boston, i think) so people near braintree or boston, hit me up!

can i put my email up here or does it allow people to automatically email me by some automatic system or what? tryna make friends in this place! just moved from FLORIDA so i'm definitely trying to make friends. thanks. name's Will.

-Will

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Pro tater tot :d I'm Brittany vegetarian going vegan with an omni boyfriend who is crazy for vegan dishes yay! I'm a gothy cosmetologist in Baltimore. :is gothy a word? lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:38 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

BillyxRansom wrote:
new to this board - new also to new england (and actually a suburb of boston, i think) so people near braintree or boston, hit me up!

can i put my email up here or does it allow people to automatically email me by some automatic system or what? tryna make friends in this place! just moved from FLORIDA so i'm definitely trying to make friends. thanks. name's Will.

-Will

Hi Will! Welcome to the PPK and to New England! We've got some super rad ppkers here! Keep an eye on the New England Forum for upcoming meetups!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hello!
::waves::
I am new here. Been vegetarian for 2 years, vegan for 7 months. My husband and two kids are vegan too.
Nice to meet y'all :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hi, I'm not exactly vegan but in transition (hence the username). I recently started incorporating vegan meals into my diet around a couple of months ago (I wasn't even vegetarian before that). A good friend of mine inspired me.

I bought Vegan with a Vengeance and a couple of other vegan cookbooks and frequently lurk this site. I never knew veganism could be so tasty! I'm a pretty experienced cook, so I wasn't intimidated by any of the recipes, although some of the ingredients were new to me (nutritional yeast, tempeh, seitan, etc.). I have tried numerous vegan recipes so far and love almost all of them. Luckily I'm not an overly picky eater and love just about all fruits, vegetables, spices, legumes, and grains.

I must say that so many posters here have made me laugh out loud (including Isa, of course). You are all so funny! You are a great group!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm Linda. I am on my way to becoming vegan and I absolutely love this site! I'm 34 and have a lovely little kitty named Zoey (who makes the best alarm clock). I enjoy cooking, baking, reading, music and all things cute. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi! I'm Dee! I've been vegetarian for 6.5 years and vegan for 1 month. I love this site and Isa's recipes and purchased all but two of her books in my first week of veganism (shopaholic, smh). I have been having a blast in the kitchen and am interested in making any and everything! I'm so happy to find a site like this to meet other veggie lovers!

I promise I'm not a bot! My birthday is June 10th. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Greetings! I am a long time lurker finally coming out of the woodwork. I have been vegetarian for almost 3 years and vegan for going on 7 months. And after a recent trip to Portland I spend my days hopelessly longing for vegan soft serve.

Decidedly pro tater tot, especially if sriracha is involved!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:19 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I'm Lauren

I got a copy of Appetite for Reduction at Christmas, and since then have been successfully transitioning to a vegan diet. I am now about 98% vegan. I think the food is fantastic! I've had a copy of veganomincom, and vegan cupcakes take over the world for many years, and have loved both these books equally. I've always had a soft sport for the Mushroom and Walnut Pate (or Rosewater pistachio cupcakes for that matter). But it is only now that I have committed to a full vegan diet.

I was a vegetarian for a few years previously, but let myself be swayed away from that during a relationship. Now that I'm single again, it seems one of the first things I did (without any real thought) was go back to a diet that I connect with. I think I have a much stronger resolve this time around, and because I have already learnt many of the techniques for vegetarian food, I seem to have no trouble slipping back into it - along with some pants that I have not been able to get into for a few years now :)

While my co-workers are fairly non-fussed with my change, some of my friends (especially my ex) are struggling to understand it. So I'd like to take to blogs/forums/join the community for extra support. I've found reading a few pages from the China study each day helpful as well.

It's only been a short while, but I feel happier and lighter. I sleep better too.

Anyway - I think that is enough about me. I need to take a moment to send full thanks and gratitude to Isa. It's people like you who have done the hard work, so that others like me can transition with ease. I don't think I could have done it without your recipes and lighthearted approach, so thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
Tofu Pup

Greetings fellow animal appreciators :) my name is Sam, vegetarian for 4 years, one month being vegan on the date today. I'm a firm believer in the usage of tater tots.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,

I'm Lee. I live in Massachusetts, and while I consider myself a flexitarian, I rarely eat meat anymore. I go between ovo/lacto vegetarian and vegan. I'm always looking for tasty vegan meals so I can avoid animal products altogether. I'm looking forward to exploring the forum and the website. I'm now gonna go look for something to make for dinner tonight. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am 
Tofu Pup

I'm Rich, from near York, UK. Went vegan last year at age 44 after many years as veggie. Currently training for first marathon and am immensely grateful for Isa's recipes - wonderful food is a playing a huge part in sustaining me (in every sense of the term) through a gruelling programme. Just got injured though so might have more time to bake pies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! :) New here. I have a husband, a daughter, and a horse. My favorite color is...green, today. Lots of days it's pink, but I'm not (that) girly. I like blue a lot too. I don't understand why people love french fries so much because I've always thought tater tots are significantly more delicious. I like reading, drinking tea, smelling fresh-cut grass that I didn't mow, being near the ocean, and um....pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. And I like aprons that look like sundresses.

Oh yeah...we are pescatarian, no eggs or dairy. (I grocery shop like a vegan, but occasionally buy wild-caught fish.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:36 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hi all!
I'm Charlotte, live in the UK and don't even know what a tater tot is.
I like walking, wish to do more of it. Been Vegan for over a year now, bit of a trainee eco warrior xD
Currently living in a city called Preston, where it rains most of the time with no warning.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:22 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Hello fellow noobs and PPK regulars. I lurked on and off for a bit and took the registration plunge a few days back. I'm a total fiend for cooking and look forward to exchanging ideas here.

Other than veganism/cooking, I'm a huge music fiend (from black metal to pop, won't discriminate as long as it moves me in some way). Also a book nerd, yoga practitioner, animal rescue volunteer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi everyone!

I become an accidental vegetarian living in Russia and am now a vegan by choice living in the US. I hope to enjoy this wonderful forum. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

I have been contemplating my stance on tots for a couple of weeks. I am definitely pro, though I haven't tasted one inyears, since my two boys both hate them. My sons have shaped a lot of my food policy, but no more. I've decided that mom can be vegan, even if history made the children omnis (sad).

I love this forum. I stumbled across the shoe thread and knew I had found my home. I am so lazy about cooking, since no one but me will probably eat it (well, maybe also my ex, since he does visitation at our place, but I am ambivalent about that), but I am now four months in and not having trouble with staying vegan at all. Meat is smelling really bad to me now, but I'm going to have to tough that out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am 
Chard Martyr

razzray wrote:
Hi! My name is Raygan and I live in Japan. Super rural, access to nothing Japan. Am originally from western Canada, Victoria specifically, where vegan-friendly is definitely an understatement. My husband and I have been lazy while here (almost 2 years now) and went from being strictly vegan to Extremely Flexitarian. We blamed lack of ingredients. However, a friend turned me on to this website, and I have made, in the past 2 weeks, only one non PPk meal. I am an official addict. I have had to force myself to stop making those soft brownie cookies - and came home the other day to find my husband making a batch ! (A definite win, trust me - although not for the diet)

Dilly stew with dumplings, curry udon, beet burgers, edamame pesto, Mongolian mushroom hotpot, pesto gnocchi soup, sesame mac cheese... I have tried so many things I have forgotten what all I have made. Other than flax seeds, which are almost impossible to find (some were given to me as a gift, need to find a kind soul to ship me more!), the recipes are easy to follow, I can find the ingredients, and best of all are DELICIOUS. Have been raving about the site to my friends, who are now trying it as well.

I sound like a crazy person. Living in a village of 1500 on a remote mountain in Japan does that to a girl :) However, my gushing is to say, HI! Nice to 'meet' you all!
Cheers,
Ray

Hi Ray! I am just about to move back to Victoria, but my preference was teaching in Japan. I feel your pain--it's really hard in the rural areas. But it looks like you've been cooking up a storm! What are you doing in Japan?

Stick around! There are other PPKers living in Japan right now. :) Probably not in your rural village, but I'm happy you're turning your friends on to vegan cooking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

hey guys, my name is ani and i live in the middle of nowheresville, indiana. i've been vegan for a few years and a lurker for awhile so i thought it was time to say 'hi'. my favorite color is purple and i am all for tots. i look forward to having a place to complain about my grandma trying to get me to eat ham for easter and every other holiday. cheers!

Alice Walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi I'm Andy.
nice to meet u all .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi all! My name is Nicole and I live in NYC where I am developing a line of Ayurvedic/100% natural skin care products. I was "mostly vegetarian" for about 5 years and recently made the transition to vegan, as an experiment, and I LOVE it. It just fits. I did go through a really uncomfortable and confusing period of detox though, about 2-3 weeks into my vegan experiment, but now I feel wonderful. I realize that I'd been living in a state of constant discomfort for YEARS, feeling heavy, and bloated, and just plain off. Now that I've detoxed off of dairy I feel LIGHT, healthy and so energetic...my skin is glowing. A working digestive system...what a revelation! teehee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:41 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hello all. My name's Tina. I live w/ my 18 yo son who hates vegetables, 3 dogs, 2 cats and a rabbit. I'm not huge on oxford commas. I've been a vegetarian for 22 years and an aspiring vegan for the last couple (ever since I found out about what happens to the baby boy chickees). I was also a vegan for several weeks as a teenager, but then I came home stoned and there were keebler cookies on the counter and then I went on an alfredo and pizza binge that lasted a couple of decades. I've done 3 or 4 kickstarts in the last couple of years but didn't fully commit (obviously, since I gorged on pizza at least one weekend almost every time).

So, yeah, basically I'm Tina and I'm a recovering cheesaholic, but I've been doing really well the past three weeks so here's to progress.

Oh, and I think crispy crowns are so much better than tatertots because they have a larger crispy outside to soft insides ratio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, My name is Heather and I am new the the PPK site. Been vegan for the past 7 months, and absolutely love it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:00 am 
Tofu Pup

How-dee-doo? My name's Jane. I want to go vegan, but opponents of the lifestyle have me convinced I'll collapse into a tingling pile of bone dust if I don't at least eat dairy and eggs. I have some sensory processing issues that make me fussy with food and I'm worried about limiting myself further. I know I'll be unhappy if I compromise, but I don't want to do myself a mischief. Am I worrying too much?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 65  Next