| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 am 
Nailed to the V

Obviously many people are vegan without becoming tingling piles of bone dust, but if you are worried about your food issues, try just eating some vegan meals more often for starters. The book "Vegan for life" is an excellent source of information about vegan nutrition.

------------------------------
OkC | Google+
------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 am 
Tofu Pup

dandirtyapes wrote:
Obviously many people are vegan without becoming tingling piles of bone dust, but if you are worried about your food issues, try just eating some vegan meals more often for starters. The book "Vegan for life" is an excellent source of information about vegan nutrition.

Erm, yeah, I'm prone to hyperbole. I guess I'm just scared of complicating an already complicated relationship with food. I would, of course, make gradual changes. Thanks for the book recommendation!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:43 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hello! I've been nosing around here for a while now and have been finding it really useful so I thought I should introduce myself :-)

I'm a newish vegetarian, though I was veggie for a number of years in my teens which went horribly wrong somehow and in recent years, I've been eating more and more veggie and it seemed silly not to make it official. I've decided I want to become Vegan, after pondering it for far too long, and am really quite excited, but also daunted by the prospect!

Oh, also I'm in Bath in the UK, and I've no idea what a tater tot is...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hello! I'm a long-time lurker and I think the PPK is tops for all kinds of reasons. I decided I wanted to participate more, here and in life in general, so I hereby unlurk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:19 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hello! I am investigating vegan cooking and a LOVED this site! Thanks too all!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey,

My name's Joel. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. I've been lurking around this forum for a while, and decided it was high time to join!

I'm vegan; I'm also a musician, a student (soon to be graduate!), and an aspiring journalist/writer/dog-owner/I don't know! My favorite food is a pad-thai--vegan chocolate cheese-cake is a close second. My favorite band is Fugazi. It's nice to meet y'all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:19 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all! I am Claire and live in the eastern U.S. in a very small town in the Appalachian Mountains-originally from a much larger city though!

I have pretty much been a vegetarian/pescatarian my entire life (I'm 25). Meat has always grossed me out, but I have eaten seafood off and on. Within the last year I have become more serious about pursuing a vegan lifestyle and am so excited to have found these boards!!

Tater tots- too greasy!!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone~ I'm Marnee.:) I'm wearing pj's (absolute favorite attire!), I live in Oregon for now, my SS number is 123-45-67## Ha, yeah right..;) Oh and I'm a tator tot fan although not as much as I am a Seitan fan! The whole family is in love with Seitan in all its glory.hehe

I have spent many years yoyoing between vegetarianism and every now and then, not. Finally in January of this year I switched to an all plant-based diet and haven't felt better! This time too, the whole family (hubby, 2 teen girls and 1 young boy) is coming along for the journey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi! My name is Brittany, and I'm from Wisconsin. I was once a vegetarian, but due to medical issues, I have to go back on the meat, but now that I'm cleared and everything looks hunky dory, I'm back on my path to vegetarianism!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi. I live in New Zealand's so called "super city", Auckland. I've been eating 95% vegan for the last month and decided to find some community to help me stay on the wagon. Glad to find vegan website which looks fun and doesn't take its self too seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 am 
Tofu Pup

First post, but love ppk.
Any of you here in Singapore?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hey!

My name is Stephanie and I'm new to PPK world. I made my first recipe from Veganomicon tonight and it was AMAZING! I'm excited to try EVERYTHING :)

I've recently moved to Malaysia from California and have started blogging my way through life and being vegan in SE Asia.
You can follow me and my culinary experiments at www.Trans-Planted.com :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

MGT wrote:

I'm in Penang, Malaysia!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 am 
Seagull of the PPK

MGT wrote:

mustardseed is in singapore!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Good Evening PPK!

I was previously a member of the old board (although I was never a prolific poster), I am from the UK, and have been vegan for 7 years now.

Hopefully I will remember to keep myself logged in and remember to post regularly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! My name is Traci, I'm a 19 year old college student. I'm a vegetarian who would like to ease more into a vegan lifestyle, and needs to learn how to cook. I'm from Arizona, I love food. I love talking about psychology, sexuality, you know, the normal things to do on a Friday night. I do sexual health education at my college, along with an array of too much to do. Please message me, I'm ridiculously friendly. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hello, Hola, Bonjour & Warm Greetings all around!

I live in Portlandia & I've been vegan for 20ish years. I love to meet folks, eat great vegan food, travel to points near or far and to be out in nature often. While forums & such are fun, I much prefer to share time with folks offline so hopefully we'll see each other at some cool event or another sometime soon!

Questions? Ask away! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

cascadianvegan wrote:
Hello, Hola, Bonjour & Warm Greetings all around!

I live in Portlandia & I've been vegan for 20ish years. I love to meet folks, eat great vegan food, travel to points near or far and to be out in nature often. While forums & such are fun, I much prefer to share time with folks offline so hopefully we'll see each other at some cool event or another sometime soon!

Questions? Ask away! :)

love your username, have been to cascadia (used to live in Sweet Home for some time)

I've been vegan for 6 years now which is quite long, but 20 years? Now I can tell my mom I wont die of being vegan! Welcome all newbies!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 pm 
Huffs Nooch

jerusha wrote:

love your username, have been to cascadia (used to live in Sweet Home for some time)

I've been vegan for 6 years now which is quite long, but 20 years? Now I can tell my mom I wont die of being vegan! Welcome all newbies!

Thanks! I love my Cascadian bio-regional home land! 6 or 20 years = a good start. I look forward to at least 20 more - hopefully with at least another 20 after that. My kids all have me beat though as they've all been vegan since whenever you consider life to begin!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi,

Long time vegan and site lurker. Joined up because I have heard about the awesome international food swaps organised through this site, and next time that happens I want to be part of it! I'm in Australia.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:14 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello, fellow vegetable lovers!

I'm from Illinois, just far enough outside of Chicago not to see its glow, but close enough to get to the Chicago Diner when I desire. Been vegan for 1.5 years. Looking forward to doing more than just lurking around the forums. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hello! I have been a fan of this forum for a little while and I finally decided to join. I became vegan last summer and I have been vegetarian for over ten years, since high school. I decided to transition to veganism after visiting Animal Acres, a farm sanctuary in Los Angeles and I haven't looked back. This visit helped me to see the connection between the dairy and egg industries and the meat industry. I have been doing a lot of vegan cooking lately and am loving it. I find a lot of recipes on the PPK that I love! I live in L.A. with my two cats and pescatarian fiance who is also doing a lot of vegan cooking these days.

Nice to meet everyone. : )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm 
Tofu Pup

Vegetarian for 5 years, vegan for 15 days. haha, hi guys! I'm Kara :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hey, I'm The Herbivore. Also known by my family and friends as Lindsay. I live in Nova Scotia in Canada. I've been Vegan for nearly half a year. I currently work as a salesperson (sigh) but my passion is cooking. It's nice to meet all of you guys after lurking for so long.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I never know what to say in these things so I'll follow suit... I'm 42, a single mom to a toddler, been vegan about 17 years. Was vegetarian before that for about the same. I'm here because I haven't been a member of a vegan forum for ages and I miss it, and since I really like PPK's posts on FaceBook, I thought I'd give the forum here a try,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 66  Next