| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404 ... 512  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Wow Fee, how did you not immediately set the building on fire?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:17 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

When people buy dogs from a breeder, especially a questionable one. Then they don't even bother to do any research on the breed and find their hands full when they realize that the dog is high energy or has needs that they can't meet. Seriously, I've heard too many stories of people who have gotten border collies because they want the smartest dog and then are surprised at how much attention and energy that they require. Or they get a begle and are angry because it barks all the time. This happens with so many other breeds and these dogs always end up at the pound. Or people who buy puppies on impulse from a pet store with out taking into account all the work they require and the years of commitment that dogs require.

I'm annoyed at what my sister in laws recently. They both bought dogs, poodle mixes, from a place that they described as one step above a puppy mill (and honestly, I think it was). The mother was never seen because she was probably impregnated right after her puppies were weaned. They also claim to love dogs, but why would they support a person who practically abuses them to make a buck? They have also gotten dogs from this person twice. They turn their noses up at the thought of adopting a dog at the shelter. They want puppies and small dogs and couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes on petfinder. And now, because their dogs don't shed, other family members want the same breed and they have probably given the puppy mill owner more business. I kind of want them to watch at least the beginning part of Earthlings where it covers pets to show them what they supported. But it is going to be difficult to convince them to watch anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm doing an all inclusive in September in Mexico. Hoping I can survive for four days on what they have to offer...

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:45 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We did a Jamaican all inclusive for our honeymoon, it was actually super vegan friendly, although not very child friendly. There were interesting bean, grain, and fruit and veg dishes at every meal. Someday I would love to do that again. Sitting on a beach all day getting sun poisoning and occasionally dipping into an ocean as warm as a bathtub while people bring you drinks with umbrellas is pretty freaking awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I have never done a vacation like that in my LIFE and it sounds like something I need to try at least once! The closest was when we stayed in Nice and visited different towns/cities nearby each day, but however beautiful Eze may be, it was still mostly road-tripping.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

allularpunk wrote:
I'm doing an all inclusive in September in Mexico. Hoping I can survive for four days on what they have to offer...

We did one in Cancun for a wedding. I took it as an opportunity to eat as much guacamole as I wanted, which is an amount that usually isn't socially acceptable (silly sharing). Meals for me usually consisted of beans, tortillas, guacamole, tropical fruit, and often something like plantains or potatoes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

It was so weird to not have to travel in the midst of our vacation. Really unlike every other trip we've taken together. I did Rome once with just day trips and stayed in the same hotel the whole time, but even then, I had to actually put on clothes and go out in the world to find food.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:39 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

mollyjade wrote:
Meals for me usually consisted of beans, tortillas, guacamole, tropical fruit,

That sounds like heaven to me!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

lobsteriffic wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Meals for me usually consisted of beans, tortillas, guacamole, tropical fruit,

That sounds like heaven to me!

Yes, this makes me feel much better!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

annak wrote:
I'm not normally into the all inclusive vacation thing at all, but it seems like a really easy option right now when we just want to go somewhere warm and beach-y and relax until we move to Europe in a couple weeks…but it just seems like a universally bad deal for vegans. I want a vegan all inclusive resort on a nice warm beach, is that SO unreasonable? (Maybe this is a PSP…) Normally I love how I get out into residential neighborhoods and explore in search of veggie restaurants, but I just want to plop my butt on a balcony and read while people bring me veg food, without any expectation that I do yoga or spa treatments.

In December I went to the Hard Rock resort in Nueva Vallarta and they absolutely accommdated vegans. Everything on the buffet was clearly marked vegan or vegetarian and the fancy dinner restaurants all had vegan options. And it was good. Their salad selection at the lunch buffet was seriously all I needed to be happy; lots of variety and it changed every day. I was shocked to be able to have protein on vacation. If you are not down for Mexico, I know they have Hard Rocks in various locales and I think they are all vegan friendly (but I'd obviously do some research first).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Fee wrote:
I walked into work to a "we brought you vegan donuts!" Which, of course, was a joke but I tried really hard not to show my pain

Your co-workers are jerks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Wow Fee, how did you not immediately set the building on fire?

This is my question, too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Well, she didn't say she DIDN'T set the building on fire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

ugh, my 'organic' red pepper is not organic at all. i hate when the produce man messes stuff up - or people just randomly put things away.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

missmuffcake wrote:
ugh, my 'organic' red pepper is not organic at all. i hate when the produce man messes stuff up - or people just randomly put things away.

Oh, that's a bummer. How do you know?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm 
Nooch of Earl

emmalv wrote:
annak wrote:
I'm not normally into the all inclusive vacation thing at all, but it seems like a really easy option right now when we just want to go somewhere warm and beach-y and relax until we move to Europe in a couple weeks…but it just seems like a universally bad deal for vegans. I want a vegan all inclusive resort on a nice warm beach, is that SO unreasonable? (Maybe this is a PSP…) Normally I love how I get out into residential neighborhoods and explore in search of veggie restaurants, but I just want to plop my butt on a balcony and read while people bring me veg food, without any expectation that I do yoga or spa treatments.

In December I went to the Hard Rock resort in Nueva Vallarta and they absolutely accommdated vegans. Everything on the buffet was clearly marked vegan or vegetarian and the fancy dinner restaurants all had vegan options. And it was good. Their salad selection at the lunch buffet was seriously all I needed to be happy; lots of variety and it changed every day. I was shocked to be able to have protein on vacation. If you are not down for Mexico, I know they have Hard Rocks in various locales and I think they are all vegan friendly (but I'd obviously do some research first).

Thanks for the tip! I'll check this one out. We are hoping to do either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta - in all these years I've never been to Mexico, the first time we moved here was right after all the border violence really spiked and for a while they were requiring special permission for military people to go to Mexico, so we never bothered. I know we won't be getting a very authentic experience in a resort town, but at the moment I am not looking for authentic, I am looking for relaxing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I did a club med all inclusive years ago as a vegetarian, and it was really good surprisingly. A lot of the food was cooked in front of you...tons of veg and fruit. I think it could work for vegan but maybe I'm crazy. Unlimited drinks on the beach may make up for salad for dinner for some people?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

j-dub wrote:
Oh, that's a bummer. How do you know?

the plu numbers on the sticker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Fee wrote:
I walked into work to a "we brought you vegan donuts!" Which, of course, was a joke but I tried really hard not to show my pain

You should come into work one day and be like, "I bought donuts for everyone! haha jk mother forkers," and then sit eating your donuts gleefully while they all sulk.

DOESN'T FEEL GOOD DOES IT CRASSHOLES.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:55 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Vacation shoppers, I found this when I was looking for a vacation to book. Sounds pretty amazing to me. Pricey, but amazing!

http://www.vegetarianyachtcharters.com

gaia13 wrote:
For Valentine's Day, my SIL bought my brother one of those bacon bowl thingys and a pack of bacon, and neither could understand why I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever. Never mind the fact that I've been vegan 5-ish years and was vegetarian a few years before that and have never liked bacon.

My husband is totally omni and eats bacon but the first time we saw the commercial for that thing, he was as flabbergasted as I was about what a disgusting thought it was. Especially when the commercial suggested the cups as a healthy, low carb option. Oof.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I bought some jeans off eBay... I inspected the pictures carefully for leather and I thought I was safe, there was no patch on the back. But I got them today and there's a tiny little tag on the front. So small you can't see it in the photo. Grrr, arrg. WHY.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

taxidermy mice cake toppers for a wedding cake....why? would anyone really eat cake with dead mice on top of it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

omg that is NASTY!!!!! that sounds filthy too.
eewwwwwww!!!!

im all about people doing what they want for their wedding rather than what is expected of them but EWWWWWWWW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

ya - me to, but dead mice on a cake????

i like stores like the bone room & loved to death, but i am not a fan of animal bones or taxidermy. so i kinda go in with my eyes partially open till i find what i am after (old funeral supplies, fossils, vintage embalming bottles, human bones)...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Thanks for the offer! I have to get something tonight anyway, so I'll probably just do that and weigh my options- either ordering online or buying some other kind of regular brown pencil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404 ... 512  Next