| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452 ... 521  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Potato wrote:

Okay so it wasn't cold stone, it is some other ice cream place that sounds similar. I sent an email to the lady that organizes the event asking if there were any options that are vegan. She replied to me today saying no, but she will get something vegan so I can enjoy the event with everyone else. She thanked me for bringing up the concern. She sent out another email to everyone asking if anyone else had any similar dietary concerns because they would accommodate them. Feeling pretty good about sending that email. I usually just declined but now a couple hundred people have access to a vegan option if they need it. :)

That's pretty awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:42 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I'm pretty sure that if your profile picture is dead human and nonhuman bodies and a swastika, we don't need to be Facebook or any other kind of friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:47 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

mollyjade wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if your profile picture is dead human and nonhuman bodies and a swastika, we don't need to be Facebook or any other kind of friends.
Whoa. Hitler is on FB?!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Gaaaaahhhhh. I was looking at the luna-type bar section at the store today and there's this whole new section of paleo crepe and there were MEAT protein bars. Turkey, bison, beef or lamb. Ew ew ew. And the brand is "Epic" and grass-fed beef is "epic" and they source their animals from ranchers they deem "epic." Just in case it wasn't already the douchiest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:08 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Pinko wrote:
Gaaaaahhhhh. I was looking at the luna-type bar section at the store today and there's this whole new section of paleo crepe and there were MEAT protein bars. Turkey, bison, beef or lamb. Ew ew ew. And the brand is "Epic" and grass-fed beef is "epic" and they source their animals from ranchers they deem "epic." Just in case it wasn't already the douchiest.

I've seen those, and something about the label draws me in and I'm like OH A NEW BAR and then recoil in horror when I see what it is. This has happened half a dozen times at least. fork you forking meat bars.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:10 pm 

Pinko wrote:

They're made by a company that only made vegan energy bars before they started this line. It's an Austin company, and it really bummed me out when they started the Epic line.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:25 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

That sounds so gross ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

coldandsleepy wrote:
Pinko wrote:

I've seen those, and something about the label draws me in and I'm like OH A NEW BAR and then recoil in horror when I see what it is. This has happened half a dozen times at least. fork you forking meat bars.
Ahem. I believe you mean "fork you forking epic meat bars." (Also: "Epic Meat Bars" sounds like a euphemism or - dare I say it? - an epic name for a band!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Just thinking of picking up a bar and expecting it to be, like, cookies-and-cream flavor, then finding out that it's made of dead cows, makes me feel like barfing a little bit. I'm sure the Paleo people are all over them. Because cave people totally ate packaged energy bars.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

a person on a group i am in, asked for vegan/veg recipes. someone came along and said "i am going to stick up for the meat eaters if you want steak and bacon recipes let me know"....um stick up for the meat eaters?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

missmuffcake wrote:
a person on a group i am in, asked for vegan/veg recipes. someone came along and said "i am going to stick up for the meat eaters if you want steak and bacon recipes let me know"....um stick up for the meat eaters?

They're a really under represented group.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mollyjade wrote:
Pinko wrote:

They're made by a company that only made vegan energy bars before they started this line. It's an Austin company, and it really bummed me out when they started the Epic line.

If it makes you feel better they were giving out samples and they offered me one and I said "it's made out of MEAT like animals? Oh my god" I was totally stunned and thought at first it was like vegan jerky or I wouldn't have acted like that!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:45 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

mollyjade wrote:
Pinko wrote:

Those stupid bars came across my tumblr feed a while ago. I looked into the company and saw their other line, Thunderbird, which were vegan, but man, I couldn't get past the fakey Native American branding and the names like "Lemon Rain Dance." The meat bars are undeniably awful, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Simply_Love wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Yeah, seriously. SPEAK UP FOR THE MEAT EATERS! Someone has to give a voice to those who prey upon the voiceless!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 pm 

Desdemona wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Yeah, seriously. SPEAK UP FOR THE MEAT EATERS! Someone has to give a voice to those who prey upon the voiceless!

THEY JUST WANT YOU TO RESPECT THEIR LIFE CHOICES

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Simply_Love wrote:

funny thing is it's a group for child free people...so ya...it is a group for us to talk about being child free in life, how it is often looked down upon...until bacon comes along!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:22 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mollyjade wrote:
Pinko wrote:

I was super bummed too! The Thunderbird people are so very legitimately nice. But they do seem to have a lot of connections to crossfit/paleo people so I guess I can understand why they wanted to tap that market.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:28 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

funny thing is it's a group for child free people...so ya...it is a group for us to talk about being child free in life, how it is often looked down upon...until bacon comes along!

I love when someone part of a group whose life choices often aren't respected sees no problem treating another group similarly. Like, seriously? How is it not okay for someone to treat you that way, but it's okay for you to treat other people the same?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 pm 

mandycoot wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Pinko wrote:

I was super bummed too! The Thunderbird people are so very legitimately nice. But they do seem to have a lot of connections to crossfit/paleo people so I guess I can understand why they wanted to tap that market.

Yeah, they've donated to fundraisers and bake sales before, so it just felt more personal than other businesses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:31 pm 

Wait, I'm so confused by these bars. Are they like jerky? Or is it like the protein bar version of ground beef brownies?! If it's the later, OMG WHY.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i saw a top 10 'sexy vegan celeb' list thing....most of them were vegetarian, some of them were not even veg. do research!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 pm 
And you never will.

Top 10 Celebrities Who We're Pretty Sure We Saw Eat A Vegan Meal That One Time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:53 pm 
Grandfathered In

Desdemona wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Reminds me of a post on this stupid old blog.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:10 am 
Flounceiad 2011

missmuffcake wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

Group motto: "Until babies are made of bacon, no thanks!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:24 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

so kale is more mainstream than the vegan circle right? like i see bacon kale salad and crepe now...but when will the dairy free thing catch on? on Guy's Grocery Games 4 chefs had to make mac and cheese without cheese. they were so puzzled, 2 used tofu...one did not even try. is nooch still a vegan-only club thing? how about pumpkin puree? cashews?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452 ... 521  Next