| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11997 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 480  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

ndpittman wrote:
I never had candy apples or caramel apples either, and I'm a little afraid it'd pull my teeth out, if it makes you feel better, missmuffcake.

I lost a tooth in one of the poison candy apples from the Great Escape when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

missmuffcake wrote:
... I only have two sets of gym clothes - that is OCD. :/

How many sets do they expect you to have? Surely one set to take to the gym while the other is in the wash works?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:08 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

GymClassZero wrote:
And one of my mom's friends likes to bring up that she "grew up with meat and eggs and milk" and would never give them up.

I grew up with of racist crassholes and I gave them up.

so...
Argument INVALID!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

dropscone wrote:

How many sets do they expect you to have? Surely one set to take to the gym while the other is in the wash works?

I go to the gym on Sunday, then meet them for coffee. My clothing is usually the same. My dad complained I always wear the same thing...I am not fancy when I go to the gym, I have yoga pants or jogging pants and usually a free promo shirt...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 am 
Nailed to the V

Told a fellow student I was tired the other day, and got the "It's because you're vegan." Yeah, it has nothing to do with a) having a kid who wakes up in the night, or b) the fact that it's dark outside from 5pm until 8:30am. Because of course I was never ever tired when I drank milk. These two weeks of eating vegan have ruined my health!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am 

amonik wrote:
Told a fellow student I was tired the other day, and got the "It's because you're vegan." Yeah, it has nothing to do with a) having a kid who wakes up in the night, or b) the fact that it's dark outside from 5pm until 8:30am. Because of course I was never ever tired when I drank milk. These two weeks of eating vegan have ruined my health!
"Nah, it's because I had wine with breakfast".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 am 

Efcliz wrote:
torque wrote:
Who told my daughter the joke that "you don't have to ask a vegan if they're vegan, they'll be sure to tell you"?

I NEVER am pushy, and i don't really appreciate being classified as such.
Someone bought me a mug with that on once. I accidentally broke it.
At my book group*, it turns out that someone I'd sort-of-known for six months was vegan, and at my board games group** there are about four vegans (including three PPKers) and I didn't know for a little while. There are enough of us though that the organiser baked a big vegan cake at the group's first birthday! Unless I expect people to cook for me, I see no point in telling them...

Unrelated peeve: Why can't Quorn hurry up and be vegan? I know they've released a vegan burger in some markets, but they called it Vegan Burger, which I think is not exactly the best name for marketing something. Gourmet Burger? Tasty-Awesome-Burger? Quorn burger: now suitable for people with egg allergies?

* that I haven't actually been to for months
** that I'm also really bad at going to

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Chicki wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:
And one of my mom's friends likes to bring up that she "grew up with meat and eggs and milk" and would never give them up.
I grew up with of racist crassholes and I gave them up.

so...
Argument INVALID!
Win!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:04 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Gulliver wrote:

Unrelated peeve: Why can't Quorn hurry up and be vegan? I know they've released a vegan burger in some markets, but they called it Vegan Burger, which I think is not exactly the best name for marketing something. Gourmet Burger? Tasty-Awesome-Burger? Quorn burger: now suitable for people with egg allergies?

I am so ready for them to be vegan already. I miss their sausages.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

daisychain wrote:
Gulliver wrote:

I am so ready for them to be vegan already. I miss their sausages.

i wish Morningstar would hurry up and be vegan.
i hated having to give up their sausage patties which have egg in them :-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

LisaPunk wrote:
i wish Morningstar would hurry up and be vegan.
i hated having to give up their sausage patties which have egg in them :-(

It seems like they are going in the opposite direction. The meatless crumbles used to be vegan, but they changed the recipe and added egg. They supposedly have a vegan burger, but none of the stores around here carry it anymore.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

if my memory serves me correct the vegan burger isnt all that great.

i think my favorite was their black bean and veg burger but i honestly dont remember if that was vegan. i know alot of their veggie burgers have cheese in them :-/

they might like being in that niche of "veggie burgers that omnis like"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:22 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Morningstar does still have a vegan burger -- Walmart carries it here. It's okay. I don't buy their stuff much because they use GMO soy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Even if Morningstar was vegan, there are so many other brands I prefer over them taste-wise. Their corndogs are pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

creep wrote:
Even if Morningstar was vegan, there are so many other brands I prefer over them taste-wise. Their corndogs are pretty awesome.

This! A ready-made vegan corn dog is NECESSARY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm 
WELFARIST!

I wish Lightlife would stop being dumb in general.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I really miss the Boca breakfast links. Right before I started coming here and decided to go vegan, I was in a big 'eat all of the tiny sausages' phase and had three boxes in my freezer. I decided to eat all of my non-vegan food (which wasn't much) and I stretched those bisques oooooooooout for weeks.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm 
WELFARIST!

These companies confuse my grocer. They take out the awesome vegan food and put these new pseudo-vegan products in their place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I have that problem too, like Mejier apparently got a new food buyer a few months ago and really expanded their vegan options, and then once they sold out of the So Delicious ice cream, they replaced it with...Lactaid ice cream. Ian's GF vegan french bread pizzas? Gone, replaced with another GF pizza that isn't vegan. I was buying those things, you knobs!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm 
WELFARIST!

Do they also take out the cheaper priced items and replace it with the more expensive items? We had tons of soy ice cream once upon a time. Then they took all but one flavor out and added hippie dairy ice cream and coconut milk ice cream (like $2 more than soy).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

creep wrote:

Totally. I think Morningstar is inferior to other mock-meats in pretty much every way. I do like the riblets but I haven't eaten them in years. The chicken strips are OK, but I much prefer Gardein or Lightlife.

Here's a pet peeve: the anti-carb people. They say that because I eat grains and legumes I'm going to put on a bunch of weight and have a heart attack. That it's not the bacon cheddar burger that's making you sick, it's the bun! I understand that one shouldn't carb load, but come on, man. Are you really telling people they should eat more cheese and less quinoa? Blows my mind and frustrates me all to hell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 pm 
WELFARIST!

I just don't think most people understand nutrition and how our bodies work and instead will absorb everything they see on TV and read in shitty magazines. It seems like a lot of people believe that if they read enough WebMD they believe themselves experts. I know someone who is always buying the latest diet or exercise fad and believes all of the dumb shiitake she reads in magazines. It's "anything but honest diet and exercise." It's like people believe that if they eat this magical combo of food, all of their problems will vanish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I have that problem too, like Mejier apparently got a new food buyer a few months ago and really expanded their vegan options, and then once they sold out of the So Delicious ice cream, they replaced it with...Lactaid ice cream. Ian's GF vegan french bread pizzas? Gone, replaced with another GF pizza that isn't vegan. I was buying those things, you knobs!

I was so excited when Meijer moved the veggie burgers from the "weird stuff people never ask for" corner and put in a huge section across from the frozen vegetables. But that section keeps getting smaller, and I don't think it's even all veg*n at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Nope, it's not all vegetarian anymore -- the GF section got put with it. I'm glad that the Amy's products are now all in one place since they were split before, but the teasing me with the Udi's muffin tops was very mean. Eggs. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

ndpittman wrote:
creep wrote:

This! A ready-made vegan corn dog is NECESSARY.

This is kind of something I dream about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11997 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 480  Next