| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 522  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

vijita wrote:
We have vegan kit kats in Canada! But they are dark chocolate and not nearly as delicious as the original.

Did I mention that there's a small, chocolately wafer fee for staying at Hotel Fezza?

Chocolate takes me one step closer to gripping migraines and you know... death... but I miss kit kats so friggin' much!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
Fee wrote:
Go Max Go bars are kind of a pet peeve because I think they taste really good but they all tickle my throat and make my mouth feel weird. I don't really know what it is, but it feels like the mildest of allergic reactions.

This happened to me too the couple times I tried them. Weird itchy throat mouth oddness. I wonder what it is?

Me too! I had a mild allergic reaction to the last two Go Max bars I had (Twilight and Snap!). It gave me the biggest sad. Not only are they delicious, but those forkers are expensive. I thought it was cross-contamination from the bars that contain nuts, but if non-nut allergic people are reacting too, it must be something else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

fupapack wrote:
Other vegans that cook often and are really bad at it but still want you to try it! An old roommate springs to mind, she would soak lentils and rice for hours before cooking into a beige sludge. Would also fish for compliments after I ingested whatever foul-party stew she has made.

I think I lived with her too. She once cooked all the food in our house into assorted theoretically (but not actually) edible sludges and thought we should be grateful. You could only guess at the ingredients based on color - pink? was it beets or raspberry jam mixed in with the chickpeas (answer: jam).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm 
Mediocre Tart

rachell37 wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Fee wrote:
Go Max Go bars are kind of a pet peeve because I think they taste really good but they all tickle my throat and make my mouth feel weird. I don't really know what it is, but it feels like the mildest of allergic reactions.

This happened to me too the couple times I tried them. Weird itchy throat mouth oddness. I wonder what it is?

Me too! I had a mild allergic reaction to the last two Go Max bars I had (Twilight and Snap!). It gave me the biggest sad. Not only are they delicious, but those forkers are expensive. I thought it was cross-contamination from the bars that contain nuts, but if non-nut allergic people are reacting too, it must be something else.

Yeah, I'm definitely not allergic to nuts so it wasn't that (I just ate a load of walnuts, peanuts, cashews, and almonds... I love me some nuts.) I wondered if it was the corn syrup as we don't get that so much here I don't think? Maybe? I dunno though.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

aiee wrote:
fupapack wrote:
Other vegans that cook often and are really bad at it but still want you to try it! An old roommate springs to mind, she would soak lentils and rice for hours before cooking into a beige sludge. Would also fish for compliments after I ingested whatever foul-party stew she has made.

I think I lived with her too. She once cooked all the food in our house into assorted theoretically (but not actually) edible sludges and thought we should be grateful. You could only guess at the ingredients based on color - pink? was it beets or raspberry jam mixed in with the chickpeas (answer: jam).

Mmm, jammy chickpeas. My fave!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:50 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

AlwaysHungry wrote:
Is that how you spell it? "Nincompoop?"

"Nincompoop" is my favorite word in the English language. It is so adorably ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

You might be amused..... I went through drive thru through yesterday I was driving up considering getting a burrito with beans and rice (it normally has meat) thinking boy I wish I could get salad too but it's too hard to eat a salad and drive. I noticed they had a chicken wrap containing salad. So and I ordered a that wrap add beans and rice - no chicken. In my mind it was perfect. So order and through the speaker I get a long incredulous nooo.. chicken!!??? I just laughed and said "that's right nooooo chicken!" just like he said it to me and I laughed some more. I've heard this often enough at this point that yesterday it was just hilarious to me. What would life be without a little chicken in my food? The guy just could not "wrap" his mind around it. It was funny to me-Maybe you will find it funny. This the first time I've laughed someone for doing this. If we were face to face I would not have laughed I think that would have been mean.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I went to a work thing tonight and the dinner options were fish or pasta primavera, and we were asked to specify dietary prefs. I asked for vegan pasta primavera, specifying no cheese, cream, or milk on the pasta. So I got plain pasta with broccoli and carrots, no sauce. Who eats freaking plain pasta?? I never expected to ever have to eat it. It was catered by a hotel restaurant so you'd think they'd at least drizzle some olive oil. And there was also a salad course with only ranch or cheesy Italian dressing so I ate a plain dressingless salad. And then dessert was cake, and for whatever reason I was still served dessert even though they knew I was vegan so then I had to sit and stare at cake while everyone enjoyed their dessert. Ugh.

It makes me sad that omnis can't figure out how to make a good meal without relying on loads of dairy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh... the Vegucated page in FB is now pushing no-oil. If you think no-oil is for you, more power to you, but what does it have to do with veganism?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:37 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

baps wrote:
veganised maltesers would make me so effin happy. And kit kats.

I had some kind of maltesers during the Munich meet! I forgot the name of the store and/or brand, maybe Anek remembers? DM, is that it? Where they carry Alverde products and stuff. But they're with dark chocolate so it's not quite the same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:52 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Ooh i've been working on making maltesers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Yes! DM! They were spelt balls coverd in dark chocolate. I don't know the brand, but there were not that many to choose from anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 am 
Not NOT A Furry

So my friend is coming with her kids and I offer to cook. I was going to do rolled up pizza bites and chips. I checked about but allergies because I use the cashew-based mozerella of Miyoko's. she said no nuts, so I said I'd make cheeseless. You wouldn't even notice with them all rolled up and pretty.

She said 'don't go to any trouble', I said no trouble I have dough and sauce made. She said she'd bring pizza, would one pepperoni and one plain be OK?

No my kids are omni but somehow I'm the arsehole if I insist on serving the home made pizza I've already bloody made! It's kid friendly too- honestly they love it.

I wonder if my hand cut chips will be acceptable or will she bring frozen ones with pig injected into them?!

Arg. I'll put the dough and sauce in the freezer and bite my tongue.

But it's bloody annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hey, on the plus side I can swear in British here ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Cgvegan wrote:
Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger!!!!!!!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

daisychain wrote:
lillianp wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast.

I shall be taking that for a signature, thank you!

Daisychain, I wonder if it were possible to make a pancake oreo. Like two chocolate pancakes with some kind of whipped cream/sugar center in the middle drowning in maple syrup? I'm going off to google...

I do believe I have seen a recipe for that some where on the internet. Although I think 2 chocolate pancakes with the whipped cream with crumbled oreos mixed through it would be amazing. Served with an oreo milkshake of course.

I know the Oreo talk has died down, but I still wanted to post this since I didn't have time earlier.

Oreo pancakes(haven't tried them yet, but they've been bookmarked forever) : http://minimalistbaker.com/oreo-cookie-pancakes/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:44 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

gaia13 wrote:

I know the Oreo talk has died down, but I still wanted to post this since I didn't have time earlier.

Oreo pancakes(haven't tried them yet, but they've been bookmarked forever) : http://minimalistbaker.com/oreo-cookie-pancakes/

I have all those ingredients to hand. I think that is tomorrows breakfast sorted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:04 pm 

Desdemona wrote:
Cgvegan wrote:
Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger!!!!!!!

Sigged!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:38 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

And she didn't have a muffin! She asked if they was 'special', so I said of course- I made them!
Bugger bugger bugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:17 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

today, I was asked if I could eat flour, nuts, and syrup. I think the one who asked about nuts was a little offended when I laughed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh CG, that sucks. Your homemade pizza sounds so good, and I can't imagine anyone thinking that if you're veg you'd like having pepperoni in your home.

Bugger, bugger, bugger!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The funny thing is that I'd completely forgotten what dairy cheese pizza looks like. Very wet and greasy looking, not tempting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:40 pm 

Cgvegan wrote:
And she didn't have a muffin! She asked if they was 'special', so I said of course- I made them!
Bugger bugger bugger

That wasn't even polite of her...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm trying to figure how bugger is swearing, I may have to google this.

and even after reading it, I still don't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I can assure you it is :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 522  Next