| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 424  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 9570
Location: Illinoize
Have you tried just eating a steak?

Speaking of steak, one of my co-workers asked where I like to eat because my last day is Friday. Then he told me he liked Longhorn. That's nice, dude. I'm just going to go to the indian buffet and bring it back to my desk. Also even if I wanted to go out to lunch, I know that Joe would prefer if all of his employees didn't leave the office unattended for ~an hour in the middle of the day/

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11055
Location: VA
I tried that last week, but it didn't help. I'm afraid to eat any more because there might be a limit to the number of steaks a vegan can eat in a 6 month period?

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 490
Location: TN
i was at a girlfriend's birthday party yesterday and i brought the cake (raspberry blackout cake w/ chocolate mouse frosting!) and her boyfriend's family were very curious about the cake bc i guess my friend let it out that it was vegan. they were honestly just being curious and it was obvious that everyone loved the cake (going back for seconds and thirds), but one of them was like, so what'd you put in the cake instead of milk? and i was like, "Magic." i should get bonus points for being cute and facetious. bc i did tell them that it had soy milk in the end.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3004
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
lavawitch wrote:
I tried that last week, but it didn't help. I'm afraid to eat any more because there might be a limit to the number of steaks a vegan can eat in a 6 month period?


Vegans are allowed steak once every three months, as long as they're "happy steaks". What you need to do is stop eating beans. That shiitake will kill you.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11055
Location: VA
Oops. The steak didn't look very happy. I'll turn in my vegan card at the next meeting.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 4672
Location: United States of New England
my sister in law (the one i really like not the one who is a gun toting republican crazy person) was vegan for 5 years and i swear my MIL at some point said something about how vegans were allowed one (usually dairy/non-meat product) cheat food they still ate. and my SIL's was mayo.

ive often pondered this because it makes almost no sense. it could be my MIL was completely confused/crazy

also if you are going to be vegan with one cheat food why would it be mayo??

_________________
Damn dirty vegan hippies and their carob.~~Moon

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 2860
Location: The Bene
chouettes crêpes wrote:
i was at a girlfriend's birthday party yesterday and i brought the cake (raspberry blackout cake w/ chocolate mouse frosting!) and her boyfriend's family were very curious about the cake bc i guess my friend let it out that it was vegan. they were honestly just being curious and it was obvious that everyone loved the cake (going back for seconds and thirds), but one of them was like, so what'd you put in the cake instead of milk? and i was like, "Magic." i should get bonus points for being cute and facetious. bc i did tell them that it had soy milk in the end.


My boyfriend takes his coffee with lots of (dairy) milk, and if I'm making the coffee that morning, I make it for him with dairy milk. The first time I made him coffee, though, I told him I'd made it with a secret ingredient. I meant "love" (yeah, we were in that mushy phase) but he said/whined "Oh no! You didn't put soy milk in there, did you?" To this day, ever time I make him coffee, I tell him there's a secret ingredient in there, and he mock whines "Oh no! Not soy milk!"

_________________
Ain't no guarantees in life, and nothing that comes out of my vagina can change that. - Erika Soyf*cker

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 4672
Location: United States of New England
that's really cute :-)

_________________
Damn dirty vegan hippies and their carob.~~Moon

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 pm 
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 4865
Location: A New England
LisaPunk wrote:
my sister in law (the one i really like not the one who is a gun toting republican crazy person) was vegan for 5 years and i swear my MIL at some point said something about how vegans were allowed one (usually dairy/non-meat product) cheat food they still ate. and my SIL's was mayo.

ive often pondered this because it makes almost no sense. it could be my MIL was completely confused/crazy

also if you are going to be vegan with one cheat food why would it be mayo??
Right? Babies > mayo.
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Brian's sister isn't paleo for any serious reason, for her it's just a diet fad. I don't know if that makes it worse or better. What makes it hilarious though, is that a few months ago I told her if she went paleo in her fitness quest I would throw up on her.
And now you have to follow through on your promise, or she'll never trust your integrity again!

_________________
You can always politely suggest a ham alternative. ~ vijita
Nothing is safe from weiners in my neighborhood... ~ crowderpea
"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com


Last edited by Desdemona on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11055
Location: VA
D! You missed the sig death fight. And it was all your fault!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm 
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 4865
Location: A New England
lavawitch wrote:
D! You missed the sig death fight. And it was all your fault!
Do tell!

_________________
You can always politely suggest a ham alternative. ~ vijita
Nothing is safe from weiners in my neighborhood... ~ crowderpea
"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 4672
Location: United States of New England
Desdemona wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
my sister in law (the one i really like not the one who is a gun toting republican crazy person) was vegan for 5 years and i swear my MIL at some point said something about how vegans were allowed one (usually dairy/non-meat product) cheat food they still ate. and my SIL's was mayo.

ive often pondered this because it makes almost no sense. it could be my MIL was completely confused/crazy

also if you are going to be vegan with one cheat food why would it be mayo??
Right? Babies > mayo.


i know right? why would the answer ever be mayo when it could be babies? delicious tender babies......

_________________
Damn dirty vegan hippies and their carob.~~Moon

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5869
Location: Modesto, CA
i am a bit freaked out, bought a box of vegan marked, vegan sealed cookies from WF's bakery, been eating them, look at the ingredients and they have eggs and butter listed, i am thinking it is a labeling error, because it is a different cookie on the label. it tastes like the vegan cookies of usual + i am not ill. should i call and check?

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 3779
Location: Austin
missmuffcake wrote:
i am a bit freaked out, bought a box of vegan marked, vegan sealed cookies from WF's bakery, been eating them, look at the ingredients and they have eggs and butter listed, i am thinking it is a labeling error, because it is a different cookie on the label. it tastes like the vegan cookies of usual + i am not ill. should i call and check?

Call so they can fix the labels on the cookies for other people.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5869
Location: Modesto, CA
they told me they are having problems with labeling lately. hopefully they fix it!

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 pm 
Semen Strong
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18627
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I kind of wish I didn't know about all the forked up stuff that goes on in the world.

Its really hard to watch people eat animals, eggs or cheese or post about buying their puppies or wasting food, water, other resources, knowing what the impacts on other animals or the planet are. Sometimes I wish I had no idea and just didn't care.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 pm 
Saggy Butt
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 278
Location: Longmont, CO
Tofulish wrote:
I kind of wish I didn't know about all the forked up stuff that goes on in the world.

Its really hard to watch people eat animals, eggs or cheese or post about buying their puppies or wasting food, water, other resources, knowing what the impacts on other animals or the planet are. Sometimes I wish I had no idea and just didn't care.


Ignorance was bliss. Sigh. Seems like every day I figure out something else that isn't vegan, and why. Can't unsee or unlearn!

_________________
Next up, culture my delicious bottom flesh so everyone can eat my butt. --solipsistnation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 2528
Location: SF Bay area
Tofulish wrote:
I kind of wish I didn't know about all the forked up stuff that goes on in the world.

Its really hard to watch people eat animals, eggs or cheese or post about buying their puppies or wasting food, water, other resources, knowing what the impacts on other animals or the planet are. Sometimes I wish I had no idea and just didn't care.

F'reals.

_________________
http://hotveganchickpeas.wordpress.com (food blog)
http://baybalcony.wordpress.com (gardening blog)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm 
***LIES!!!***
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 3427
lavawitch wrote:
Both. It's a double whammy because now I absolutely cannot absorb B12 so I must have supplements and get periodic shots since I now lack the part of the intestines that has the co-factor/absorbs B12.

Oh wow that sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Sacred City, California
Is it crazy that I kinda feel like people who have food sensitivities that aren't always taken seriously* should be a little more understanding of veganism? I know someone who doesn't eat gluten. I don't know why, but she doesn't, and makes a pretty big deal out of it. But she hassles vegans like her life depends on it. I've never said, "Just eat it, I made it with spelt!" or "It only has a few tablespoons of flour, just EAT IT!" But she does that very thing, and rolls her eyes and calls out any perceived hypocrisy she can (this time it was psych meds, which someone I love needs so he doesn't spend his days in the fetal position). It's been explained that even if ethics didn't come into play, a vegan who hasn't had meat or dairy in years would probably yack all over if they had 'just a few bites.' You know, just like how a little bit of gluten will fork her up for several days after ingestion?

*I mean, they should all be taken seriously, but in my experience people take stuff like peanut and shellfish allergies more seriously than gluten or dairy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:23 pm
Posts: 1212
Location: Under a bridge
I was mentioning to someone the other day this really good hangover brunch I made once with potatoes and soyrizo, and their response was something along the lines of "Sounds good... except soyrizo, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHH." This person is a hardcore meat-eater, and while I think that's gross I still manage to keep myself from going "Sounds good... except meat, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHHH" every time they talk about it. Why can't we all get along?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am 
WELFARIST!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5041
Location: Gallifrey
Whoa, potatoes and soyrizo together sounds amazing. I kind of really want that right now.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 am
Posts: 476
Location: Sweden
Limone wrote:
I was mentioning to someone the other day this really good hangover brunch I made once with potatoes and soyrizo, and their response was something along the lines of "Sounds good... except soyrizo, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHH." This person is a hardcore meat-eater, and while I think that's gross I still manage to keep myself from going "Sounds good... except meat, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHHH" every time they talk about it. Why can't we all get along?


Oh yes. I've started answering those comments with "I don't say anything about your food, do I?" in my most pleasant voice.

_________________
I tend to hook up with people who give me chocolate, but I fail to see how this is a bad thing./tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 am 
Ninja Master
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4392
Location: Surrey, UK
amonik wrote:
Limone wrote:
I was mentioning to someone the other day this really good hangover brunch I made once with potatoes and soyrizo, and their response was something along the lines of "Sounds good... except soyrizo, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHH." This person is a hardcore meat-eater, and while I think that's gross I still manage to keep myself from going "Sounds good... except meat, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHHH" every time they talk about it. Why can't we all get along?


Oh yes. I've started answering those comments with "I don't say anything about your food, do I?" in my most pleasant voice.

This annoys me too. My dad used to be the worst for making negative comments and faces at my food, til I told him off about it. He didn't realise that he wasn't being funny until I told him that I don't mention the dead stuff you're eating for dinner that's staring at me from the other side of the table, so please refrain from saying 'yuk' or making faces, or calling my food 'goo'!

He has stopped doing it now because he realised I was actually pissed off about it.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3714
Location: Edinburgh
My dad knows that kind of thing peas me off, but he says it anyway. Yeah, you haven't seen me in 5 years, so why don't you take this opportunity to give me shiitake about the food I eat? That sounds productive.

This conversation that happened this afternoon:
Co-worker: What's that on your bread?
Me: Margarine.
Her: Really?! You never! I thought it was some kind of spread!
Me: Nope, just margarine. (while thinking, it's a spread called margarine)

I think she thought I couldn't eat margarine and was therefore "cheating" or some such. Or that I had some kind of weird vegan substance on my bread. I'm not sure. It was a confusing conversation.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 424  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer