| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 533  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Have you tried just eating a steak?

Speaking of steak, one of my co-workers asked where I like to eat because my last day is Friday. Then he told me he liked Longhorn. That's nice, dude. I'm just going to go to the indian buffet and bring it back to my desk. Also even if I wanted to go out to lunch, I know that Joe would prefer if all of his employees didn't leave the office unattended for ~an hour in the middle of the day/

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I tried that last week, but it didn't help. I'm afraid to eat any more because there might be a limit to the number of steaks a vegan can eat in a 6 month period?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

i was at a girlfriend's birthday party yesterday and i brought the cake (raspberry blackout cake w/ chocolate mouse frosting!) and her boyfriend's family were very curious about the cake bc i guess my friend let it out that it was vegan. they were honestly just being curious and it was obvious that everyone loved the cake (going back for seconds and thirds), but one of them was like, so what'd you put in the cake instead of milk? and i was like, "Magic." i should get bonus points for being cute and facetious. bc i did tell them that it had soy milk in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
I tried that last week, but it didn't help. I'm afraid to eat any more because there might be a limit to the number of steaks a vegan can eat in a 6 month period?

Vegans are allowed steak once every three months, as long as they're "happy steaks". What you need to do is stop eating beans. That shiitake will kill you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oops. The steak didn't look very happy. I'll turn in my vegan card at the next meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my sister in law (the one i really like not the one who is a gun toting republican crazy person) was vegan for 5 years and i swear my MIL at some point said something about how vegans were allowed one (usually dairy/non-meat product) cheat food they still ate. and my SIL's was mayo.

ive often pondered this because it makes almost no sense. it could be my MIL was completely confused/crazy

also if you are going to be vegan with one cheat food why would it be mayo??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

chouettes crêpes wrote:
i was at a girlfriend's birthday party yesterday and i brought the cake (raspberry blackout cake w/ chocolate mouse frosting!) and her boyfriend's family were very curious about the cake bc i guess my friend let it out that it was vegan. they were honestly just being curious and it was obvious that everyone loved the cake (going back for seconds and thirds), but one of them was like, so what'd you put in the cake instead of milk? and i was like, "Magic." i should get bonus points for being cute and facetious. bc i did tell them that it had soy milk in the end.

My boyfriend takes his coffee with lots of (dairy) milk, and if I'm making the coffee that morning, I make it for him with dairy milk. The first time I made him coffee, though, I told him I'd made it with a secret ingredient. I meant "love" (yeah, we were in that mushy phase) but he said/whined "Oh no! You didn't put soy milk in there, did you?" To this day, ever time I make him coffee, I tell him there's a secret ingredient in there, and he mock whines "Oh no! Not soy milk!"

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that's really cute :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

LisaPunk wrote:
my sister in law (the one i really like not the one who is a gun toting republican crazy person) was vegan for 5 years and i swear my MIL at some point said something about how vegans were allowed one (usually dairy/non-meat product) cheat food they still ate. and my SIL's was mayo.

ive often pondered this because it makes almost no sense. it could be my MIL was completely confused/crazy

Right? Babies > mayo.
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Brian's sister isn't paleo for any serious reason, for her it's just a diet fad. I don't know if that makes it worse or better. What makes it hilarious though, is that a few months ago I told her if she went paleo in her fitness quest I would throw up on her.
And now you have to follow through on your promise, or she'll never trust your integrity again!

Last edited by Desdemona on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

D! You missed the sig death fight. And it was all your fault!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

lavawitch wrote:
D! You missed the sig death fight. And it was all your fault!
Do tell!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Desdemona wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

Right? Babies > mayo.

i know right? why would the answer ever be mayo when it could be babies? delicious tender babies......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i am a bit freaked out, bought a box of vegan marked, vegan sealed cookies from WF's bakery, been eating them, look at the ingredients and they have eggs and butter listed, i am thinking it is a labeling error, because it is a different cookie on the label. it tastes like the vegan cookies of usual + i am not ill. should i call and check?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

missmuffcake wrote:
i am a bit freaked out, bought a box of vegan marked, vegan sealed cookies from WF's bakery, been eating them, look at the ingredients and they have eggs and butter listed, i am thinking it is a labeling error, because it is a different cookie on the label. it tastes like the vegan cookies of usual + i am not ill. should i call and check?

Call so they can fix the labels on the cookies for other people.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

they told me they are having problems with labeling lately. hopefully they fix it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 pm 
Semen Strong

I kind of wish I didn't know about all the forked up stuff that goes on in the world.

Its really hard to watch people eat animals, eggs or cheese or post about buying their puppies or wasting food, water, other resources, knowing what the impacts on other animals or the planet are. Sometimes I wish I had no idea and just didn't care.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

Tofulish wrote:
I kind of wish I didn't know about all the forked up stuff that goes on in the world.

Its really hard to watch people eat animals, eggs or cheese or post about buying their puppies or wasting food, water, other resources, knowing what the impacts on other animals or the planet are. Sometimes I wish I had no idea and just didn't care.

Ignorance was bliss. Sigh. Seems like every day I figure out something else that isn't vegan, and why. Can't unsee or unlearn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tofulish wrote:

F'reals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm 
***LIES!!!***

lavawitch wrote:
Both. It's a double whammy because now I absolutely cannot absorb B12 so I must have supplements and get periodic shots since I now lack the part of the intestines that has the co-factor/absorbs B12.

Oh wow that sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 am 
Nailed to the V

Is it crazy that I kinda feel like people who have food sensitivities that aren't always taken seriously* should be a little more understanding of veganism? I know someone who doesn't eat gluten. I don't know why, but she doesn't, and makes a pretty big deal out of it. But she hassles vegans like her life depends on it. I've never said, "Just eat it, I made it with spelt!" or "It only has a few tablespoons of flour, just EAT IT!" But she does that very thing, and rolls her eyes and calls out any perceived hypocrisy she can (this time it was psych meds, which someone I love needs so he doesn't spend his days in the fetal position). It's been explained that even if ethics didn't come into play, a vegan who hasn't had meat or dairy in years would probably yack all over if they had 'just a few bites.' You know, just like how a little bit of gluten will fork her up for several days after ingestion?

*I mean, they should all be taken seriously, but in my experience people take stuff like peanut and shellfish allergies more seriously than gluten or dairy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I was mentioning to someone the other day this really good hangover brunch I made once with potatoes and soyrizo, and their response was something along the lines of "Sounds good... except soyrizo, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHH." This person is a hardcore meat-eater, and while I think that's gross I still manage to keep myself from going "Sounds good... except meat, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHHH" every time they talk about it. Why can't we all get along?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Whoa, potatoes and soyrizo together sounds amazing. I kind of really want that right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Limone wrote:
I was mentioning to someone the other day this really good hangover brunch I made once with potatoes and soyrizo, and their response was something along the lines of "Sounds good... except soyrizo, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHH." This person is a hardcore meat-eater, and while I think that's gross I still manage to keep myself from going "Sounds good... except meat, THAT'S NOT FOOD BLEHHHHHHHHHH" every time they talk about it. Why can't we all get along?

Oh yes. I've started answering those comments with "I don't say anything about your food, do I?" in my most pleasant voice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 am 
Ninja Master

amonik wrote:
Limone wrote:

Oh yes. I've started answering those comments with "I don't say anything about your food, do I?" in my most pleasant voice.

This annoys me too. My dad used to be the worst for making negative comments and faces at my food, til I told him off about it. He didn't realise that he wasn't being funny until I told him that I don't mention the dead stuff you're eating for dinner that's staring at me from the other side of the table, so please refrain from saying 'yuk' or making faces, or calling my food 'goo'!

He has stopped doing it now because he realised I was actually pissed off about it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My dad knows that kind of thing peas me off, but he says it anyway. Yeah, you haven't seen me in 5 years, so why don't you take this opportunity to give me shiitake about the food I eat? That sounds productive.

This conversation that happened this afternoon:
Co-worker: What's that on your bread?
Me: Margarine.
Her: Really?! You never! I thought it was some kind of spread!
Me: Nope, just margarine. (while thinking, it's a spread called margarine)

I think she thought I couldn't eat margarine and was therefore "cheating" or some such. Or that I had some kind of weird vegan substance on my bread. I'm not sure. It was a confusing conversation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 533  Next