| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 424  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Per Vegan Essentials: **The manufacturer is having a packaging problem, so the crackers are out of stock indefinitely. We're sorry for the delay!**

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I bought a box of those eco planet poptarts and then read all the horrible reviews and haven't been able to bring myself to eating one. It's sad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

have you seen them anywhere in stores in Boston ndpittman? I remember buying them in NYC but I haven't really looked for them in a few years, I sorta forgot about them (how is that possible?).

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

And look, Eco Planet, I was always aggravated that you had a normal sized box with approximately 10 crackers in it, but I would prefer those ten crackers to no crackers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I haven't, Quarantined, but I haven't really been looking either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Fee wrote:
I bought a box of those eco planet poptarts and then read all the horrible reviews and haven't been able to bring myself to eating one. It's sad.

eat one now, and give us a play-by-play.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
I haven't, Quarantined, but I haven't really been looking either.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I emailed Eco Planet, and this was their response

Quote:
Our supplier went out of business and we have yet to find a suitable alternative.

I'm crossing my fingers they find one soon because I love those crackers.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

This peeve might have already been mentioned in this thread, I can't remember, but this brings to mind that every time there's a whole new slew of vegan products coming out, I am afraid that I will never see any of them, or that they will get rid of old products in the stores to make room for them. It seems like vegan specialty products still only get a certain percentage of shelf space. I guess we really need more dedicated vegan supermarkets so they'd have room to carry absolutely everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im hoping they filter into whole foods eventually because i know i wont see them at my regular grocery store.

i really want to try the daiya slices on a veggie sammich with mustard even though im not a big daiya fan.

i also want to try their cream cheese.
and who had new pizza? daiya again?

ok i want to try all the new daiya stuff.

i DO NOT want to try the nasoya miracle whip (barf)

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 am 
WELFARIST!

Quarantined wrote:
This peeve might have already been mentioned in this thread, I can't remember, but this brings to mind that every time there's a whole new slew of vegan products coming out, I am afraid that I will never see any of them, or that they will get rid of old products in the stores to make room for them. It seems like vegan specialty products still only get a certain percentage of shelf space. I guess we really need more dedicated vegan supermarkets so they'd have room to carry absolutely everything.

Yes, this. And for some reason, gluten-free has completely taken over the grocery store that I usually go to. And all of the gluten-free food is MEAT AND EGGS fork YEAH except for the Amy's mac and cheese.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 am 
Discovered unobtainium

mollyjade wrote:
Quarantined wrote:
I just happened to be looking at the Vegan Essentials new products and saw that Eco Planet now has frosted vegan pop-tart type things:

http://store.veganessentials.com/eco-pl ... p3924.aspx

Of course, they're also gluten-free.

I don't care for these myself but I thought of this thread immediately.

ETA: ouch, the reviews are terrible though

Pfff! Stop trying to make new products, Eco Planet, and dedicate all your efforts to brining your cheddar crackers back into production.

Yes, please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Pinko wrote:
Oh, I remembered another gem from my lunch. My friends were trying to figure out the difference between a lamb chop and a rack of lamb (ugh).

Friend A: Rack of lamb is the one with the things sticking up?
Me: Yeah, it looks like a rib cage.
Friend B: Boooo! (Makes squeamish face)
Friend A: Ewww! That's such a gross visual!

It's so weird to me sometimes how people are SO grossed out by meat and still eat it. I was honestly not trying to be an asparagus, either. To me, that's just a factual description. It looks like what it is, which is a rib cage!

Ugh, along similar lines (in my mind).

Person A: "I was talking with so and so at work and he hunts. I could just never hunt. I could never hurt an animal." (Picture sad face, looking down towards the ground).
Me: nothing. I was trying to reconcile this statement with the crockpot of beef simmering on the counter.

What the fizzle? How come the connection is not made? How is hunting more cruel than factory-farmed meat? The latter literally tears me up thinking about it. And Person A and I have had conversations about my choice to go vegan before, which is primarily for ethical reasons.
And not to pick on Person A; there are many Person A's out there who have made similar comments.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I believe that's employing Snooki logic: It's alive when you kill it. Therefore, cruel.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

well that makes much more sense now.
SNOOKI LOGIC!

hahahahahaha i love it.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Southwest Airlines seems to have switched over to Honey Roasted peanuts.

Grrr. I enjoy my free peanuts when I fly. Or I did anyways.

On the bright side, I noticed a 'healthy snack' place in my hometown airport, right in my terminal I usually fly out of. And they have roasted edamame there for only $2 a package! Big bag too. Good stuff to stock up on before a trip. I love roasted and salted edamame. That and a $2 banana make a not too bad $4 breakfast on my 6:45am flights. Beats waiting in the half hour long Starbucks line for oatmeal. That line is worse than security.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:54 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

flying is the worst. we always tend to buy candy for flights but i realized that if i eat shiitake all day then inevitably by the end of a long travel day i feel like shiitake so last time we flew i made a conscious effort not to eat only candy. we had a semi long layover somewhere and were just like wandering around the airport looking for vegan food. it was a pretty major airport too like Detroit or something.

i finally ended up with a very basic veggie sandwich, a banana, and some juice. not exactly filling.

i think it's times like those that my veganism really annoys my husband. apparently wandering around the airport for hours with all your luggage looking for something ANYTHING with no cheese is not his favorite past time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I am pretty lucky, I usually find stuff to eat. There Subway practically everywhere. French Fries in pretty much every restaurant. But, I also research airports ahead of time. If it looks like slim pickings, I either bring food, or grab a Subway sandwich from my home airport.

But I feel ya. I have gone for over 24 hours only eating candy and chips in airports during delays and stuff. It is NOT the business.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

One of my favourite things about travelling is packing food ahead of time. I get ridiculous with it, we eat better when we travel than on a normal day. I figure, I'm out of my element, I'm traveling and tired, I better pack myself good grub!

The last two times we've travelled, we have food designated for the wait at the terminal, and for the plane, and often some snacks stored away for once we get to our destination/the cab ride or whatever from the airport.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

annasrobbie wrote:
Moon wrote:
ZoeTate wrote:
I remember the day I realized nearly all Frosted Miniwheat-type cereals had gelatin. It was a dark, dark day. It's wheat with a sugar coating, why must they put gelatin in it?

!!!!!!!!! What?!?! That's crazy.

Now I guess I have to go post on the "worst thing about my day thread". I haven't had an frosted miniwheats in years, but I never thought there would be a problem had I wanted them!

Oops! Sorry! Whole Foods has a non-gelatin version but that means 1) going to WF (not fond of the clientele in the one near me) and 2) paying WF prices for something that I should be able to get on the cheap bagged cereal shelf at Meijer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm 
WRETCHED

Most airports I've been in have some place to get a black bean burrito or bowl or something. I'm very happy about Chipotle in airports. We also take our own snacks (Luna, Mojo, Lara bars, nuts, etc). So usually check the restaurant map of the airport, find a place to pick up food, go pick up food then go sit at our terminal.

Last edited by linanil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

LisaPunk wrote:
flying is the worst. we always tend to buy candy for flights but i realized that if i eat shiitake all day then inevitably by the end of a long travel day i feel like shiitake so last time we flew i made a conscious effort not to eat only candy. we had a semi long layover somewhere and were just like wandering around the airport looking for vegan food. it was a pretty major airport too like Detroit or something.

i finally ended up with a very basic veggie sandwich, a banana, and some juice. not exactly filling.

i think it's times like those that my veganism really annoys my husband. apparently wandering around the airport for hours with all your luggage looking for something ANYTHING with no cheese is not his favorite past time

VegGuide has started listing vegan airport food: http://www.vegguide.org/region/860

My go-to airport meal is hummus and pretzels, a banana, and a soy latte. And I usually get a tomato juice on the airplane. It's pretty much the only time I drink tomato juice, but vegetables can be hard to find when you're traveling.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

there are chipotle's in airports?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:-O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:28 pm 
WRETCHED

Chipotle, Moe's, California Tortilla, Rick Bayless (in Chicago), Baja Fresh, La Salsa, and a couple others I forget. Generally, you can get a filling vegan burrito at any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

my sis-in-law dropped by and spent the whole time talking about this diet she and my brother are on - "it's like Atkins but can you gradually add in foods other than protein!". So, she's lost 10lbs in 12 days and starts telling me about what she ate for the first 4 days of JUST protein. (It's a plan made by some doctor, Dr. Dukan I think she said). Then she starts asking "what would YOU eat on this diet? Tofu? and what else?" I said something about beans and she said "Oh, he (meaning the almighty Doctor) doesn't like beans. He says they're oily." ooook. Damn I guess stupid unhealthy fad diets are out for me, what a shame.

Reply to topic  [ 10598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 424  Next