| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 426  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I hate Good Friday. I don't want to listen to everyone at work bisque and freak out how they can't eat meat. Dudes if you actually believe in your religion & your reasons for abstaining from meat today the shut the fork up & deal

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:00 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Bacon condoms. I think my genitals just shriveled up and died.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:

What the very fork?!

A colleague told me I'd be doubly jealous of his weekend bacon sandwich because I'm vegan. I have no idea how this is supposed to be a logical statement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

That reminds me of the first time I saw/heard (I was looking at my phone) a commercial for those Trojan Bare Skin condoms and I got horrified and looked up and asked if they really made condoms out of bears.

Brian has never and will never let me forget that. BUT IN MY DEFENSE they make those sheepskin ones so that's where my mind was going.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

mrsbadmouth wrote:
That reminds me of the first time I saw/heard (I was looking at my phone) a commercial for those Trojan Bare Skin condoms and I got horrified and looked up and asked if they really made condoms out of bears.

Brian has never and will never let me forget that. BUT IN MY DEFENSE they make those sheepskin ones so that's where my mind was going.

This is highly amusing. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:55 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

choirqueer wrote:
Yeah, someone posted about that (complete with picture) on FB and I briefly considered becoming a nun. Just because.
mrsbadmouth wrote:

I love this. It reminds me of the time I read that someone once said the ideal breast (?!) would fit perfectly inside a champagne glass, and I was aghast. My then husband laughed and laughed at me before it became apparent that I was picturing something like this:

As opposed to something like this (which still strikes me as forking weird, but that's another conversation):

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Naomi Campbell is the one who said that, in between throwing phones at lackeys. I'm sure someone else said it before, but she got widely quoted at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:38 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

lavawitch wrote:
Naomi Campbell is the one who said that, in between throwing phones at lackeys. I'm sure someone else said it before, but she got widely quoted at the time.
No, this was much earlier; in my admittedly faulty memory, it might even have had something to do with Marie Antoinette.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Wow. You look great for your age. Must be the wig powder? Or the cake?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:44 pm 
And you never will.

http://www.snopes.com/business/origins/champagne.asp

Note especially the penultimate paragraph.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Desdemona wrote:

i'll take a #7-sized boob please!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:56 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

lavawitch wrote:
Wow. You look great for your age. Must be the wig powder? Or the cake?
Babies, I eats 'em.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Countess Bathory ought to have tried that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:04 pm 
WRETCHED

Those thin glasses would fit a rollie perfectly though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Scope now sells bacon flavored mouthwash. So dumb.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

It bothers me that people hold more value to religious practices than personal beliefs. We were planning a little party for a school club, and the president said "Has anyone given up anything for lent? I don't want to tempt anyone because that wouldn't be nice." I don't see why doing something because your religion tells you to means more than doing something because you personally believe it's what right.
Now, i don't expect them to accommodate my diet for every gathering, especially cos it's usually takeout food so options are pretty limited, nor am i bashing people doing things for religious reasons. But it still peeved me off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I had planned home made sourdough bagels with aubergine bacon and maple syrup for breakfast, left over jackfruit curry for lunch and roasted bean tortillas with velvet mole (AFR) for supper... For our guests.

I was up all night with smallest, so before I got up husband ate curry for breakfast and everyone else has toast. Do I didn't make the planned breakfast just for me and had toast. We went out for a walk and stopped off at the pub on the way back, so the vote was to eat late lunch there. So I had chips and bread. Then nobody hungry for supper so mole into the fridge, where marinating aubergine still sitting.

Instead of awesome planned (and mostly cooked) day of food I have had bread and chips.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Jigglypuff wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

kilgore trout wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
No problem - you can wash that pukey taste away with the taste of salty, nitrate-treated, shredded pig flesh!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:51 am 
Inflexitarian

mrsbadmouth wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I did the exact same thing. Honestly, I have to remind myself that's *not* what they are every time the ad comes on.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

LisaPunk wrote:
I hate Good Friday. I don't want to listen to everyone at work bisque and freak out how they can't eat meat. Dudes if you actually believe in your religion & your reasons for abstaining from meat today the shut the fork up & deal

Someone I had plans with for Friday asked to reschedule due to some conflict but then he added "besides, I'd rather go out next week so I can eat meat." Argh. I would have been fine rescheduling just because, but then you have to add the need to consume meat as a valid supporting reason?!? Whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

linanil wrote:
Those thin glasses would fit a rollie perfectly though.

Brilliant!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

emmalv wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
Someone I had plans with for Friday asked to reschedule due to some conflict but then he added "besides, I'd rather go out next week so I can eat meat." Argh. I would have been fine rescheduling just because, but then you have to add the need to consume meat as a valid supporting reason?!? Whatever.
I have a friend who, while of culturally Jewish extraction, is completely irreligious and unobservant of his Judaism except during Passover, when he suddenly becomes more orthodox and keeps more kosher than Jehovah. I mean, people do stuff for their own reasons and I've never said anything to him, but it strikes me as ludicrous to eat lobster or a bacon cheeseburger one day and the next be all, "Bread? I can't eat bread during Passover!"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:19 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

LisaPunk wrote:

Oh gosh. A good number of my coworkers are Catholic teenagers and the other night at a staff meeting they were groaning about how hard it is to not eat meat one day a week during Lent. One of the not-Catholic kids was amazed and insisted that he could never do it. Seriously?

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Desdemona wrote:
emmalv wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
I have a friend who, while of culturally Jewish extraction, is completely irreligious and unobservant of his Judaism except during Passover, when he suddenly becomes more orthodox and keeps more kosher than Jehovah. I mean, people do stuff for their own reasons and I've never said anything to him, but it strikes me as ludicrous to eat lobster or a bacon cheeseburger one day and the next be all, "Bread? I can't eat bread during Passover!"

Not to justify eating meat, of course, but sometimes certain customs are more meaningful to people than others. So maybe that particular custom has meaning to this person in a way that other Jewish practices don't. The significance of kosher-for-Passover practices is totally different from the reasons behind the year-round kosher dietary laws. I could see why someone would observe that practice even if other traditions of Judaism aren't important for them.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 10647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 426  Next