| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 512  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

pandacookie wrote:
It should also be noted that everyone, including everyone on these here boards, practices cognitive dissonance in some way. We're all blind by ignorance or intention to issues we don't want to address.

Forget about POTUS and SCOTUS - you, pandabelle, should be QOTWFW.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 am 
And you never will.

Ruby Rose wrote:

I love this <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 am 
Saggy Butt

poopiebitch wrote:
Oh man, YES times a million to the tofu thing. I had one terrible experience, and then wouldn't eat it the entire time I was vegetarian, and for the first few months of being vegan. Then I went to a local Vietnamese place with a friend and tasted her lemongrass tofu. After one bite, the heavens opened, choirs of angels started singing, puppies and unicorns frolicked past me under rainbows of pure joy, and I swear - suddenly the world had more colors in it than it had before.

Sigged. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am 
And you never will.

I feel special!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 am 
Not NOT A Furry

My current pet peeve is the number of people I know who bought eggs to dye them and just throw them away because they don't like hard boiled eggs. Really? You couldn't find a craft project to do instead? You couldn't just use the little plastic eggs and fill them with stuff?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

DEG wrote:
My current pet peeve is the number of people I know who bought eggs to dye them and just throw them away because they don't like hard boiled eggs. Really? You couldn't find a craft project to do instead? You couldn't just use the little plastic eggs and fill them with stuff?

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Our family was always really bad about that, but dying the eggs was a big tradition. I feel bad about it now.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

pandacookie wrote:
Quarantined wrote:
daisychain wrote:
I actually think meat eaters are just insane. Like properly insane. Evil, hateful insane people. I know that is generalising them but bring up the hypocrisy of their actions.... being outraged at a dog killing some lambs but ignoring the fact that in a few weeks the same lambs would be killed for them to eat...... and they go all loopy. It's like their brain can't process it at all.

Are you being serious? If so, this is really out of line. Most of us here ate meat at some point in our lives, and many of my friends and loved ones eat meat. I do not think they are evil, hateful insane people.

It should also be noted that everyone, including everyone on these here boards, practices cognitive dissonance in some way. We're all blind by ignorance or intention to issues we don't want to address.

Yes, thank you. I wanted to express something similar but I couldn't formulate it. I couldn't agree more.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Why do omni guests always buy cheese?! They go out for beer and come back with cheese (as well!).

They don't eat the cheese because of the overwhelming quantity of food I produce, they just buy it and leave it in my fridge!

Is it a comfort-blanket thing?

Do they feel better, just knowing cheese is close?

It's not that I particularly mind non-vegan stuff in the fridge (I live with omnivores), but none of us really eat cheese even if unvegan. So it goes slowly blue and then I throw it out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Ruby Rose wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

Gotta turn this into a rap.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Cgvegan wrote:
For some reason, this made me laugh really hard.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Our roommate's boyfriend stocks our fridge with cheese, milk, and yogurt every time he visits. He never eats it all, so it stays there until it gets thrown away. Obviously we're vegan, and our roommate is allergic to dairy, so it's just kind of weird that this guy can't go a couple days without it. Same jerk who covered my vegan chili dogs with dairy cheese (we had daiya available!) when I cooked for him in our own house.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm 
Nailed to the V

I swear to gawd if I have to listen to one more person point out the inconsistencies of my veganism while they shove cheese and meat into their foodhole after telling me that like, they're like, 99% vegan, I AM GOING TO SCREAM MYSELF HOARSE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

The Lite Goddess dressing is gross. That is my vegan annoyance for today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

geeksweetheart wrote:
Total travesty.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

geeksweetheart wrote:

Crack Lite™

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 pm 
Saggy Butt

allularpunk wrote:
geeksweetheart wrote:

Crack Lite™

Zactly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Quarantined wrote:
daisychain wrote:
I actually think meat eaters are just insane. Like properly insane. Evil, hateful insane people. I know that is generalising them but bring up the hypocrisy of their actions.... being outraged at a dog killing some lambs but ignoring the fact that in a few weeks the same lambs would be killed for them to eat...... and they go all loopy. It's like their brain can't process it at all.

Are you being serious? If so, this is really out of line. Most of us here ate meat at some point in our lives, and many of my friends and loved ones eat meat. I do not think they are evil, hateful insane people.

OKay, i can see both sides to this. There are plenty of times when i think about the billions of animals who spend their entire lives suffering, and the people who eat hamburgers and allow all this suffering to continue. And i'm like, "man, these people are not good people. How could you possibly not care?" There are moments when i'm disgusted by people's lack of empathy, but i would not say i hate them all, or that they are insane. I don't think they're evil... I just wish they opened their eyes and thought a little bit more about what is important.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Desdemona wrote:
Cgvegan wrote:

it made me think of that guy who offered a ppker (alaina?) some cheese that he happened to have in his pocket while they were chatting in a bar. now i'm imagining him standing on the subway, every now and then reaching down to pat his hip and sighing contentedly, his face relaxing into a peaceful smile. maybe he isn't having the best day, but he knows he has a friend in cheeses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

acr wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
Cgvegan wrote:

it made me think of that guy who offered a ppker (alaina?) some cheese that he happened to have in his pocket while they were chatting in a bar. now i'm imagining him standing on the subway, every now and then reaching down to pat his hip and sighing contentedly, his face relaxing into a peaceful smile. maybe he isn't having the best day, but he knows he has a friend in cheeses.

hahaha that was me! i still wonder why he kept cheese in his pocket. Now I have answer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Knowing he has a friend in cheeses! Omg, so hilarious!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
Knowing he has a friend in cheeses! Omg, so hilarious!

Right? That makes me so, so happy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That reminds me of a commercial: there's this couple, and the woman says they're invited to X's house for dinner. The guy says, well, then I'm bringing mah cheese (certain brand of brie). 'Cause they never have cheese in the house and it isn't a meal without cheese. To which I blurt out (at the tv, yes) 'what if they're vegan? SO rude!'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought Deva's new DHA supplements instead of the ones I usually get because they were like a dollar cheaper for the same amount, except they were 'slow release.' Sure, whatever, except they gave me fishy-tasting burps every time I took one. I was so excited to take the last one today and order my old ones again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ooh are there DHA supplements that dont give dishy burps? the one's i take always do! it's gross!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I feel like I need to confess bringing vegan cheese (Dr. Cow to be specific) in my pocket for a PPKer to try. That's totally different right? I'm not a creepy cheese pocket person, am I?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 512  Next