| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 424  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 pm 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
poopiebitch wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
That's a jug, bud.

I avoided using the word "jug" due to our previous misunderstandings. Ahem.

And yet... And yet... It all comes back to your jugs, don't it?

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 pm 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3968
Location: Meh-phis
interrobang?! wrote:
And yet... And yet... It all comes back to your jugs, don't it?

Only when you're involved, so...?

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
You just want me to draw a picture of wee Mr Stick and Marg reuniting over your jugs. I see your game.

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
Perhaps they will form a jug-band! Adventure-ho!

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:26 pm 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3968
Location: Meh-phis
YES and YES!

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:28 pm 
Dead by dawn
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7436
Location: Seattle
Hazel wrote:
Also, testament to how strange* the PPK is - two people took time out of their lives to draw illustrations for an imaginary children's book about a nob of margarine.

*and by strange, I mean awsome

And this is why I will never leave.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
i want to play! in this volume, nobbin' learns that some margarine isn't nobbed, and that makes him feel funny. also, jugs.

Image

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:41 pm 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
I'm on the floor in hysterics here. On. The. Floor. Can't even.

I love you, acr.

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3968
Location: Meh-phis
Oh my god, I am dying. This has become the best thread ever.

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 pm 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7196
Location: Brasil
twice in one day. you guys are the best.

[also margarine. jaysus. if you have other liquid in the recipe you plop it in the water and measure the displaced amount. if not, you get a cup of water in a 2c JUG and do the same. or if you live in my house, you just eyeball the damned thing.]

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:47 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
BEST THREAD EVER!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6640
Location: bindlestiff
I've been sewing while this thread has gotten brilliant. By gum. I may break out the rappin' yet.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6640
Location: bindlestiff
Stickin'
Trickin'
The marg be nobbin'
damn well not hobbin'
Ain't no oats
Ain't no goats
In the land of Scot
You measure with what ye got

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 5878
I love you all so much. Never change, peepeekay.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
spoonin' up the marg
croonin' with debarge
i'm gonna cram it in a cup
'cause i straight up don't give a f**k

all this love is waiting for you, my baby
nobs and a jug band, don't say maybe

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6640
Location: bindlestiff
Image

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm 
WELFARIST!
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5040
Location: Gallifrey
acr wrote:
i'm gonna cram it in a cup
'cause i straight up don't give a f**k

YES.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 am 
Not NOT A Furry
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:35 am
Posts: 496
[also margarine. jaysus. if you have other liquid in the recipe you plop it in the water and measure the displaced amount. if not, you get a cup of water in a 2c JUG and do the same. or if you live in my house, you just eyeball the damned thing.][/quote]

You cannot be arguing that this is easier than weighing it!? Plus you'll drown the cute little marge creature...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3002
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
torque wrote:

[also margarine. jaysus. if you have other liquid in the recipe you plop it in the water and measure the displaced amount. if not, you get a cup of water in a 2c JUG and do the same. or if you live in my house, you just eyeball the damned thing.]


This!

I happily do weights or measures. My kitchen scale is almost always out.

My mother in law is german and prefers weight for baking by far. She has this lovely antique scale out on the counter all the time. I wish I had one.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:39 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Oregon
Just had a conversation with someone who believes that vegan = cure all miracle diet. I hate conversations like this because it’s not true, not everyone has some magical healing experience after becoming vegan and you’re giving people unrealistic expectations! I’ve met plenty of people like this before but this particular conversation was the most frustrating because she basically told me that if I still have to be on medication after becoming vegan I must be doing something wrong because food IS the best medicine and because when she went vegan she was able to get off all her medication so if my experience isn’t the same I must be screwing up somehow. ): Sorry for the rant but when people claim things like that and act like I'm not a real vegan because I have to take medication it really peas me off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 pm 
WELFARIST!
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5040
Location: Gallifrey
You're not doing anything wrong. fork that person.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Oregon
Thanks <3
Normally something like this wouldn’t even make me that angry but it’s just frustrating when health-wise I’m not doing that well and someone makes claims that it could all be cured if I just ate “the right way.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11055
Location: VA
Korisnory wrote:
Thanks <3
Normally something like this wouldn’t even make me that angry but it’s just frustrating when health-wise I’m not doing that well and someone makes claims that it could all be cured if I just ate “the right way.”


I hate that. I get a version of that when people always insist that I should walk and my back will be all better because that's what works for them and everybody else (apparently). Great, except walking makes my spine go numb until I reach a point past which I can't walk at all.

I think we can almost always help ourselves feel better with diet, but "better" doesn't necessarily mean what these "helpful" people think it means.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Korisnory wrote:
Just had a conversation with someone who believes that vegan = cure all miracle diet. I hate conversations like this because it’s not true, not everyone has some magical healing experience after becoming vegan and you’re giving people unrealistic expectations! I’ve met plenty of people like this before but this particular conversation was the most frustrating because she basically told me that if I still have to be on medication after becoming vegan I must be doing something wrong because food IS the best medicine and because when she went vegan she was able to get off all her medication so if my experience isn’t the same I must be screwing up somehow. ): Sorry for the rant but when people claim things like that and act like I'm not a real vegan because I have to take medication it really peas me off.

I hate this too. Now and again I see pictures circling around tumblr saying that fresh fruits and vegetables should be your medicine and I think that's really shitty and dismissive of people who, you know, have medical problems.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 am 
Saggy Butt
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 318
Korisnory wrote:
Just had a conversation with someone who believes that vegan = cure all miracle diet. I hate conversations like this because it’s not true, not everyone has some magical healing experience after becoming vegan and you’re giving people unrealistic expectations! I’ve met plenty of people like this before but this particular conversation was the most frustrating because she basically told me that if I still have to be on medication after becoming vegan I must be doing something wrong because food IS the best medicine and because when she went vegan she was able to get off all her medication so if my experience isn’t the same I must be screwing up somehow. ): Sorry for the rant but when people claim things like that and act like I'm not a real vegan because I have to take medication it really peas me off.


I hate this. So, so much. Especially since I am seeing more and more of it among the vegan blogging community. There are a few highly influential, popular vegan celeb bloggers out there that constantly make this claim. I find it extremely irresponsible and misleading.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 424  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: choirqueer, eatsbabies, Exabot [Bot], fetalexplosion, ijustdiedinside, MSNbot Media, Tea, Wallace22 and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer