| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11813 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 473  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:44 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lepelaar wrote:
Oh for fork's sake. This doesn't make us look like hateful fanatics at all: Vegan sellout list: Calling ex-vegans out by name.

Bonus peeve: the easily anticipated Defensive Omnivore Bingo comments about it on this website.

The fork? Pointless asshat behavior saves no animals.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

That site just nearly made me smash my iPad against the wall.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:28 am 
Chip Strong

I'm at a conference which has made a huge deal out of the fact that they'll be providing vegan options and how inclusive they are. Lunch for me today is a plate of sliced vegetables, two sad looking falafels and some hummus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:41 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Oh for fork's sake. This doesn't make us look like hateful fanatics at all: Vegan sellout list: Calling ex-vegans out by name.

Bonus peeve: the easily anticipated Defensive Omnivore Bingo comments about it on this website.

What the fork?! The vegans running that site are the kinda people who put people off being vegan. Also, those are just regular people right? I'd assumed it would be famous people (still stupid but kiiiinda less shitty) but I don't recognise anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Ugh. That's the kind of thing that makes vegans want to stop calling themselves vegan. It's ugly, nasty, and unhelpful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 am 
WELFARIST!

lepelaar wrote:
Oh for fork's sake. This doesn't make us look like hateful fanatics at all: Vegan sellout list: Calling ex-vegans out by name

Don't these people have anything better to do?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 am 
Not NOT A Furry

A vegan kid just started at my school and people are very, very concerned with his diet because they're worried it will make him a social outcast. "What's he going to do when all his friends are eating ice cream and he can't? What if he goes to a sleepover and he can't eat the pizza? What horrors will befall this child if he is not exactly the same as his peers in every way?!?!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

I also trust zero percent any website that has anonymous submissions. Or even cited submissions. Never forget that everything on the internet isn't true. People like to make shiitake up for more DRAMA.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jojo wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

What the fork?! The vegans running that site are the kinda people who put people off being vegan. Also, those are just regular people right? I'd assumed it would be famous people (still stupid but kiiiinda less shitty) but I don't recognise anyone.

Basically, yes. Which is one of the other things that really, really bothered me. If you look under California you'll get some celebrities. I think having the celebs is silly, but at least those people have a public presence, you know? But either way. I just do not give a fork. Think if that energy was put into making delicious vegan food. Or a ridiculously voluminzing vegan mascara. Or something some forking use!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Let's submit everyone we know that's vegan to the exvegan list. Then it will become utter bs in addition to general assholery.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 pm 
WRETCHED

Or just submit everyone we can think of, regardless of past or present veganess.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:43 pm 
Grandfathered In

I was going to submit a comment, but their whole "send us hatemail" attitude—they're so transgressive, you guys!—made it less fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

linanil wrote:
Or just submit everyone we can think of, regardless of past or present veganess.

You're right, let's submit everyone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

FootFace wrote:
I was going to submit a comment, but their whole "send us hatemail" attitude—they're so transgressive, you guys!—made it less fun.

Exactly. Fucksicles.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

LazySmurf wrote:
linanil wrote:

Living and dead. Let's start with Jesus!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Desdemona wrote:
LazySmurf wrote:
linanil wrote:

Living and dead. Let's start with Jesus!

Did you know that Hitler was an ex-vegan?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm 
WRETCHED

I was going to submit Sarah Palin but they closed down registrations.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

"oh you still don't eat meat?"

I been vegetarian for 20 years and vegan for the last three or four, and some people still think that any second I'm going to "come to my senses" and just go back to eating all of that stuff.

And the other day: I asked in cafe if something had cheese or dairy in it, and the guy started showing me all this gluten free stuff, and I'm like yea, but does this farro arugula thing have cheese in it? So he says no and gives it to me and I look closely cause now I can and there's little pieces of parmesan in it. So I have to give it back and he starts showing me gluten free stuff again, and I think I kind of may have lost it for a second because I kind of snapped something about how I don't care about gluten I can't eat dairy, gluten free is not dairy free, and he was like oh, and asked someone else, who must have been listening the entire time and had the answer before the question was even finished. The worst thing is it was the owner of the cafe and I go there enough to know that. But like what about someone asking about dairy means no gluten???????? Do you just not listen to what people say? Do you need a dictionary? And then I asked for the vegan almond cookie they carry and he started showing me gluten free stuff again, instead of just giving me the thing I ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

jojo wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

I see stuff like this and I just assume it's written by someone who's been vegan for like, a year. The supreme irony of this site of course is that they're the type of person to give up veganism after a few years themselves. Because guess what? Nobody can maintain veganism (or anything else) when they approach it with such intense anger and negativity. It will simply exhaust them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 pm 
Grandfathered In

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Because guess what? Nobody can maintain veganism (or anything else) when they approach it with such intense anger and negativity. It will simply exhaust them.

Nobody except angersaints like me, maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

FootFace wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Because guess what? Nobody can maintain veganism (or anything else) when they approach it with such intense anger and negativity. It will simply exhaust them.

Nobody except angersaints like me, maybe.

Even Metallica named an album after you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Monday and Tuesday I'm going for training for a camp I'm teaching next month. The guy I'm going with, who organized it said to me, in this really hinting about something sort of way, 'So...they're providing luuuunch....' And just looked at me. I realized then that instead of him trying to explain to them that I'm vegan, so that I can eat as well, he wanted me to just say, 'I'll bring my own.' Which is what I said. Because honestly, it's just not worth it, sometimes. On Monday, if anyone in charge asks why I brought my own food (because I will of course look like some crazy control freak), I will tell them that it's because I'm vegan and it was insinuated to me that I would not have any options. Maybe they'll tell me I can eat something on Tuesday! I just hate that it's assumed that I'm just such a pain in the asparagus that I should have to bring my own food wherever I go.

Also, I'm teaching some cooking classes coming up (as you may have seen in the food & cooking forum), and the woman sent me a copy of the (not yet released, thank goodness) press release. It says that I 'promote a vegan diet for health'. I told her to please change it to something just like, 'promotes a vegan diet' because I am in no way making health the focus of my classes, and don't want people to be misled. She still hasn't responded to that. Lady! I'ma use fat! And sugar! And most people don't consider that to be 'health food'! Gah.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 pm 
Hip Goiter

SassyOh wrote:
A vegan kid just started at my school and people are very, very concerned with his diet because they're worried it will make him a social outcast. "What's he going to do when all his friends are eating ice cream and he can't? What if he goes to a sleepover and he can't eat the pizza? What horrors will befall this child if he is not exactly the same as his peers in every way?!?!"

That is so ridiculous! But it's great that you are there to be an ally and correct people when they make stupid assumptions!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:33 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

RandiJM wrote:
SassyOh wrote:

That is so ridiculous! But it's great that you are there to be an ally and correct people when they make stupid assumptions!

I grew up allergic to peanuts (and still am, that was a weird way to phrase it) and missed out a great many childhood traditions such as PB&J, chick-o-stix, and so on. I usually had to barter a good 40-50% of my Halloween candy.

And I can assure you that the scarred and broken adult I came to be was in no way related to that. That kid will be fine!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I really, really hope that site is actually run by a paleo meat eating sandwich who wants to make vegans look bad.

Re: the yogurt crisis: today I finally was like, "Why do you guys only have two kinds of yogurt?" The girl who buy dairy for the HFS told me that the Silk almond milk yogurt has been out of stock from their supplier forever with no reason given, Whole Soy had a problem at their factory, and she doesn't know what's up with Amande. She also told me that a lot of people are taking the lack of yogurt options (they have the gross new soy Silk and the pricey coconut yogurt) VERY personally.

So she understood when I went into a rage and pulled down the entire shelf of soap we were standing next to.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11813 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 473  Next