| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 ... 481  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

At a wedding. The vegetarian options aren't even vegetarian.

So I'm having a plate of fries for dinner.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:20 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

creep wrote:
I'm a little disappointed with this week's Vegan Cuts snack box. There's a "hydration supplement," some water thing that you're supposed to drink to help you fall asleep, and a packet of protein powder. Not really snacks...

I agree. And last month's box was so great. I like the weird chips, and the macaroons look yum.. But the rest is pretty weird/boring. It seems a lot more skimpy than usual.

Oh well, I still look forward to next month.

Ps. I WISH I got an extra snausage, I loved that thing!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

They really aren't vegetarian like they're fish and chicken, or they're not vegetarian like some idiot added chicken stock or bacon grease?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm sure I've posted this before, but I got "you're very fat for a vegan - quite tubby with it" from my ex-fiance's grandmother. I don't think she was renowned for her tact, although I actually found it funny.

ETA: oh, sorry, I didn't see the next page and that the conversation had moved on from fat comments!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:50 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
They really aren't vegetarian like they're fish and chicken, or they're not vegetarian like some idiot added chicken stock or bacon grease?

Chicken in the starter and cheeses with rennet in both the soup and maincourse. I'm going to guess there is chicken stock in the soup.

I have bourbon creams in my bag for dessert.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ameyfm wrote:
creep wrote:
I'm a little disappointed with this week's Vegan Cuts snack box. There's a "hydration supplement," some water thing that you're supposed to drink to help you fall asleep, and a packet of protein powder. Not really snacks...

I agree. And last month's box was so great. I like the weird chips, and the macaroons look yum.. But the rest is pretty weird/boring. It seems a lot more skimpy than usual.

Oh well, I still look forward to next month.

Ps. I WISH I got an extra snausage, I loved that thing!

Me too! That was my favorite thing in the box, and I shared about a quarter of it with coworkers.

I tried the water additive. It reminded me of lemon-scented cleaning supplies. Poured out most of it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Daisychain, I hope you enjoyed the bourbons! (and that dinner sucks)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:09 pm 

The bourbons were divine as always. Never fail to hit the chocolate craving spot.

I'm home and have just chowed into a bowl of cereal. Still hungry but it is 1am and I get really bad reflux if I eat just before bed. I really should have made up that sandwich that I had been thinking about taking with me to the wedding. Never assume a 4* hotel that is known for it's high standard in food will have something that will fit your needs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Vegetables and walnuts in a lettuce leaf is not a taco.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:

Sure isn't.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:

If someone tried to serve me this, I think I might have to punch them in the neck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Lately I used one of those customer feedback card thingies at my local gastropub and very nicely explained that a large number of the options marked as vegetarian on their menu weren't vegetarian at all. (Chicken Caeser salad, parmesan, pesto....pesto...more pesto..something else involving fish that I can't remember). I even said that if they had more actual veggie options I'd be a more regular customer.

Was in again recently and they'd actioned half my comments, by taking the V off anything that I'd pointed out. Unfortunately they didn't replace any of these, leaving one veggie starter and one main on the menu, both involving bloody goats cheese. *headdesk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am 
So Totally Yiffy

i'm sick of people telling me not wanting to hurt an animal is nonsensical. i'm also sick of militant vegans insulting and harassing the less enlightened (i'm thinking of a specific friend). i'm also sick of the cognitive dissonance that comes with being vegan yet happily killing a mosquito - i justify that it's an attack, she's spilling my blood and i'm defending myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 am 
Bathes in Braggs

biorobotics wrote:
alright, new peeve: "specialty" foods costing way more than "regular" foods. i don't enjoy paying $4 for a bag of plentils, but they're amazing and the only kind of chips that come in margarita pizza flavour that don't have any animals, so i buy them because they have become somewhat of a staple in my diet.
and my partner cooking and eating eggs every day kind of squicks me out.

biorobotics, if it helps a bit, plentils are on sale at Superstore for a couple of weeks if you want to stock up. I think I paid $2.75.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am 
WRETCHED

artichoked wrote:
i'm sick of people telling me not wanting to hurt an animal is nonsensical. i'm also sick of militant vegans insulting and harassing the less enlightened (i'm thinking of a specific friend). i'm also sick of the cognitive dissonance that comes with being vegan yet happily killing a mosquito - i justify that it's an attack, she's spilling my blood and i'm defending myself.

I consider myself generally insect friendly but I have no qualms about killing mosquitoes. They carry disease, they are in my house, they are dead if I can kill them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 am 
Bathes in Braggs

GaietyGirl wrote:
Lately I used one of those customer feedback card thingies at my local gastropub and very nicely explained that a large number of the options marked as vegetarian on their menu weren't vegetarian at all. (Chicken Caeser salad, parmesan, pesto....pesto...more pesto..something else involving fish that I can't remember). I even said that if they had more actual veggie options I'd be a more regular customer.

Was in again recently and they'd actioned half my comments, by taking the V off anything that I'd pointed out. Unfortunately they didn't replace any of these, leaving one veggie starter and one main on the menu, both involving bloody goats cheese. *headdesk

There's a pub in town that has two tofu dishes. Nothing on the menu is labelled specifically veg, but they always have in their ads "vegetarian dishes!" And then there was the day that I learned that their peanut noodles with tofu contained fish sauce, and their tofu curry contained chicken stock. And the owner just stared at me, not understanding why that wasn't vegetarian-friendly. I'm made quite a stink about it, but they still haven't changed their recipes/menu/advertising. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

linanil wrote:
artichoked wrote:

I consider myself generally insect friendly but I have no qualms about killing mosquitoes. They carry disease, they are in my house, they are dead if I can kill them.

On another forum there was a vegan who didn't think you should kill fleas on cats and dogs. I got so mad because fleas can make an animal very sick or cause allergies. Who the hell would leave fleas to get out of control?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

question posted on face book: are you vegan, veg or meat eater someone wrote:

"Vegan. How ever I flirt with cheese every so often."

Then your not forking vegan idiot...I hate this shiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:47 am 
WRETCHED

That sounds like they are quoting Alicia Silverstone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:47 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

linanil wrote:
artichoked wrote:

mosquitos and ticks must die. if i have to turn in my vegan card to do this i will.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yep, I have no qualms killing any bug that is disease carrying or potentially poisonous. Sometimes we get giant spiders in our house that I'm 99% sure are hobo spiders (like a somewhat less toxic version if a brown recluse). They die too because we have a dog and cats and I don't want them getting bit.

Ive had (non veg) people give me a hard time about this before too, but whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:28 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Judging other people on the contents of their grocery carts. We all like to play the voyeur at the grocery store, but don't think you know a person's entire life from one day's food purchases.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:47 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

How many times am I going to have to eat meat at the hands of Taco Bell before I give up completely and become one of those vegans who trusts no one else to prepare their food for them? Worst part about it is that I forking ate it in a salad, not like a burrito where you can't see, it was there and white and chicken-like and I'm all "oooh that white hunk part of lettuce!" and no, not that white hunk part of lettuce.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 pm 
And you never will.

mollyjade wrote:
Judging other people on the contents of their grocery carts. We all like to play the voyeur at the grocery store, but don't think you know a person's entire life from one day's food purchases.

Yes, thank you. If someone peeks into my cart on a day when I'm gathering baking business supplies, they could definitely assume that I have an extremely unhealthy diet. Not that I wouldn't love to eat my weight in oreos and tofutti cream cheese.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

yeah... about the shopping cart thing. i visit about 5 or 6 stores that are in close proximity to get all my groceries, and am queen of packing a few day's worth of groceries in my massive purse so it looks like i'm not buying groceries. i am pretty sure some of the cashiers think i subsist on a diet of olives and tofu... or cliff bars... or daiya.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 ... 481  Next