| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 477  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Desdemona wrote:
FootFace wrote:
My peeve: hearing all your* meat and cheese foodie bullshiitake. All the time. Enough already. I get it.

*Not your your.
Perhaps this will help? (Confession: I have been laughing at this all afternoon.)

Let the meat meat!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So, the same person who applauded my courageous veganism asked me about yeast the other day. It just boggles my mind that people think we can't eat yeast but vegetarians can eat fish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

It's entirely possible that I've already posted this peeve before but OH MY FREAKING GOD I hate it when people apologize to me for eating animal products. What am I supposed to say to that? "It's okay"? "I forgive you"? "Don't apologize to me, apologize to the chicken's mommy"? If you're sorry you're eating meat, why are you eating meat? I can't stop you from eating whatever you're going to eat, but I'm certainly not here to absolve you of your guilt!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

hey, choirqueer? i'm sorry for eating that entire box of cookies last night. perhaps you can retroactively forgive/absolve my sugar crash and waining metabolism so that tonight, when i'm eating that giant tub of movie popcorn, i can just forget about my slowly degrading body and declining health and enjoy the show. you know? k thnx!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

choirqueer wrote:
It's entirely possible that I've already posted this peeve before but OH MY FREAKING GOD I hate it when people apologize to me for eating animal products. What am I supposed to say to that? "It's okay"? "I forgive you"? "Don't apologize to me, apologize to the chicken's mommy"? If you're sorry you're eating meat, why are you eating meat? I can't stop you from eating whatever you're going to eat, but I'm certainly not here to absolve you of your guilt!

When people do this to me, it's always been because they're eating them in front of me and think I'll be grossed out or offended. It's still silly and a little annoying, but I've never felt like anyone was asking for absolution of guilt! That's a new one.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 am 
Flounceiad 2011

choirqueer wrote:
Related: people who say things like, "I know I should stop eating meat..." If they "know" it, why not just do it instead of talking about it? What am I supposed to say, "Go forth and sin no more"? Or am I meant to wave my magic vegan wand and render them miraculously meatless?

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:52 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Desdemona wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
Related: people who say things like, "I know I should stop eating meat..." If they "know" it, why not just do it instead of talking about it? What am I supposed to say, "Go forth and sin no more"? Or am I meant to wave my magic vegan wand and render them miraculously meatless?

Right? These conversations always seem to just...end. Like on an awkward, "yeah (silence)" note.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:53 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Yesterday someone asked me if I could eat coconuts. I said, "They grow on trees," and got a blank stare.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:58 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

ashley wrote:
Yesterday someone asked me if I could eat coconuts. I said, "They grow on trees," and got a blank stare.
You know what else grows on trees? Babies!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:54 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The guy at Chipotle was totally not listening to me, he put on my salsas and then I said "and then just guacamole' and he said 'okay' and I turned my head for a second and turned back to see him dousing my food in sour cream. He tried to scoop out out with a plastic container (and I believe he was not like, going to replace the food he had also scooped out) but it was still in there so I just asked him to make me a new one. I haaaaaaaaaaaaate being the cause of food waste!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

mrsbadmouth wrote:
The guy at Chipotle was totally not listening to me, he put on my salsas and then I said "and then just guacamole' and he said 'okay' and I turned my head for a second and turned back to see him dousing my food in sour cream. He tried to scoop out out with a plastic container (and I believe he was not like, going to replace the food he had also scooped out) but it was still in there so I just asked him to make me a new one. I haaaaaaaaaaaaate being the cause of food waste!

That's not your fault. He clearly wasn't listening. But I do understand how you feel- I hate wasting food almost as much as I hate exploiting animals.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:07 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Also, when he remade it I said "Sorry, but i'm lactose intolerant, i'll get sick if I eat it." which really isn't a lie, and he was like, I understand, it's cool." And then the second go, he tried to put cheese on it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:12 pm 
Grandfathered In

Oh, you're, like, hardcore lactose-intolerant.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Sometimes I like to look through all the blog posts tagged with vegan on Wordpress, but at least half of the recipes have honey, and I just found one with pancetta in ("leave this out if you want the recipe to be vegan"), then at the bottom of the recipe it says "if you leave out the wine this recipe is gluten, dairy and meat-free" so I left a message saying wine was usually those things anyway and suggesting Barnivore to check if it's vegan. The writer just responded saying they were covering their arse because they didn't want vegans coming along saying "waah, wine isn't vegan...". Why bother labelling the recipe vegan in the first place if you think we're a bunch of whiners? Especially as the picture had big chunks of meat in, so clearly wasn't.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Okay, I think I've posted about this before but it happened to me again tonight. I went to an Indian place I know has a vegan menu. I ask for the vegan menu, and ordered exclusively from the vegan menu. Out comes an appetizer with yogurt sauce poured on top. I ask if it is vegan, as I ordered it from the vegan menu and I got (at least an honest) no. So then I'm worried about the rest of the meal, even though I asked and reminded after the mixup that I really wanted the vegan food that I thought I ordered. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Butternut wrote:
Okay, I think I've posted about this before but it happened to me again tonight. I went to an Indian place I know has a vegan menu. I ask for the vegan menu, and ordered exclusively from the vegan menu. Out comes an appetizer with yogurt sauce poured on top. I ask if it is vegan, as I ordered it from the vegan menu and I got (at least an honest) no. So then I'm worried about the rest of the meal, even though I asked and reminded after the mixup that I really wanted the vegan food that I thought I ordered. Ugh.

ugh, there is this vegetarian Indian place by my parents that I've had things like this happen. They have * on some items on the menu, that means "made vegan by request." I've been told this means the items are always vegan by one person (the "by request" meaning they changed it to be vegan all the time after feedback from the community) and by another that when you order you have to ask them to be made vegan. So, I don't know. There are two or three dishes with the * I've never felt sick after eating, and I'm pretty sure they're always vegan, but it's frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:10 am 
Seagull of the PPK

why am i surprised that me getting decent coffee from dunkin donuts is no longer possible? got a black pumpkin coffee yesterday, please leave space on top (brought my soymilk with me). opened it up and it was milky. asked why there was milk in my black coffee. "oh it comes like that. pre-sweetened too." "not latte, but coffee." "yup". oh rilly. i think that was the last straw, i can't stands no more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:05 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

yeah, the pumpkin coffee at dunkin is flavored with a syrup that contains milk. so you might as well carry your own syrup along with your soymilk in your "dunkin hates vegans" lunchbox.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This reminds me today is my day for getting a pumpkin spiced latte at Panera.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:55 am 
Seagull of the PPK

acr wrote:
yeah, the pumpkin coffee at dunkin is flavored with a syrup that contains milk. so you might as well carry your own syrup along with your soymilk in your "dunkin hates vegans" lunchbox.

what the royal fork. what next, i am going to have to buy coffee at goddamn mcdonalds? ugh. (luckily i require coffee only about once a month)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

people at chipotle ask if i am gluten free each time i ask them to wipe the line or change gloves....i always say that i am allergic to dairy. i still get asked if i want sour cream.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

More burrito woes:

Went to Sheetz yesterday because the dude and I were hungry and wanted something quick, so we both got burritos. As we're paying, they come up and say they used the last of the beans and rice in my burrito, so they put extra meat in his. I was teasing him about how my burrito was awesome and I got the beans and rice, and then I checked it before we left and it totally had cheese in it. So I couldn't even get a replacement, because no more beans and rice. Nobody got beans and rice that day :(

I didn't want some stupid cold veggie sandwich, so they gave us a refund, and they offered me a couple of free drink coupons. I was like, uh...MTO coupons, pls? Since that's what you screwed up? Oh, but they were out of those too. Cool. Stupid Sheetz. The reason this burns me the most is that you have to select which cheese, if any, you want. So if I didn't select any, it's not on the ticket, so why put it on? And how did they know what type I wanted since I obviously just forgot to hit the cheese button? There's like 10 cheese choices, they just assumed I wanted whatever they could slap on there? Annoyed!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:02 am 
WRETCHED

I didn't even know Sheetz had bean and rice burritos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I have a friend who isn't vegan and doesn't plan to be, but wants to introduce her family to vegan meals a couple of times per week, so she posted on FB asking for cookbook or recipe recommendations. She's not a pushy omnivore and she's respectful of the diets of others. A bunch of people posted their favorite vegan recipes, and then OF COURSE someone had to chime in about the great recipe she found in one of her 'vegan' cookbooks that includes goat cheese, and "will go well with a juicy steak.'

Then, I came across this on Pinterest, with the caption, "Okay, sorry, but this is really dumb; e.coli LIVES in our intestines NATURALLY. Ignorance, I swear."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 am 
Bathes in Braggs

The classic one. "With soy milk, please." And then it's served with whipped cream on top.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 477  Next