| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 534  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am 
WELFARIST!

linanil wrote:
I didn't even know Sheetz had bean and rice burritos

Their burritos are SO GOOD. And there are tons of options. I have rarely had problems with them putting on cheese, since they only put on what the ticket says you want (nothing comes automatically, you have to choose it all).

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Continuing burrito woes: at both Qdoba and Chipotle this weekend it looked like someone had grabbed a handful of cheese and sprinkled it all over ALL of the other ingredients. I know they're moving quickly sometimes, but come on.

Then the girl at Chipotle was putting cheese on another order right next to my not-yet-rolled burrito and got some in there, and I only had a split second to say "Nooooo wait please pick that cheese out!" before the other girl grabbed it to roll and smushed everything together. Pretty sure there were a couple wayward strands in there. Just a little more care, people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

SassyOh wrote:

That's ridiculous. There's poo in our intestines too, but that doesn't mean it's safe to eat. There's stomach acid in our stomachs, but that doesn't mean it won't burn your throat if you consume it.
More Pinterest woes: i hate when people post non-vegan things on specifically vegan boards. I get it, sometimes i see a non-veg recipe that is easily veganizable, or a cool idea, so i pin it. But not on a board that says "Vegan recipes only." It always seems like one person does this a bunch of times all at once, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Products are fine, i'd rather just avoid bringing bloggers here for the wrong reasons. Some of them take it really personally.

I totally get and respect where you are coming from (and I heart the PPK for trying to avoid unnecessary embarrassing drama, 100%!), but damn. Bloggers need to take some forking responsibility and accept that they are not going to please everyone. Why is it okay for authors to be shiitake on on Amazon but bloggers are delicate flowers who sprinkled stevia rather than sugar on that dehydrated celery "doughnut" because it's a "personal preference" that needs to be admired and revered by all of us crotchety crasshole vegans who like good food?

ETA that sounded much bitchier than it was intended. I really do admire and respect the sensitivity we have on the PPK towards shit-talking other vegans, but I just really think that bloggers begging for followers/friends/fans/cookbook deals should really try to focus on a plan for dealing with the inevitability of not everyone loving them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

To be more specific, some of them take it personally and to Isa. They can't separate the people on the message board talking shiitake with Isa talking shiitake, unfortunately. And trust me, CCK knows a lot of people don't like her. She's pretty much the only vegan who has a regularly posted in thread on GOMI.

I have a lot of blogger/youtuber pet peeves, but most of them have to do with violating FTC laws and not being forthright when they get free products for review or use referral links. It's not just a peeve, it's a law that they can get fined for. Also people who accept things for review and they clearly didn't try them, just throw up a post that says 'hey this is great buy it!'. And they just keep getting stuff because they have a big site, even though their reviews are terrible. If someone gives me a book or anything to review, I do my best to earn the value of what I was given.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

What the heck is it with omnivores who freak out about someone killing a spider, but have no problem with killing cows and pigs and other "food animals"?!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

They don't have to watch their food animals die.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:46 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I wish people wouldn't call their companion animals "it". If you know the sex of an animal, why wouldn't you use "he" or "she"? I can understand it more with animals which are exploited for food where some level of detachment is necessary to continue using them in this way, but for creatures like cats and dogs which are not used for food (in this society at least), why do that? It makes me so uncomfortable, like the person I'm talking to thinks of them as objects, not individuals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I really hate it when people mix up my cats' genders! (J/K; I agree with you, Imogen.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
I really hate it when people mix up my cats' genders! (J/K; I agree with you, Imogen.)

that thread is so classic! i agree, too, but man that was gooood stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm 

Mothers in law! Canadians! Pneumonic devices! It was probably one of my all-time faves.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Now I want to read this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 pm 

http://theppk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16440&hilit=Cat+gender&sid=150cb2a765818a8656c91e818008b305

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 pm 

i locked the thread so it doesn't actually get brought back! but yeah, it's pretty enjoyable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ndpittman wrote:

this is silly but it drives me bonkers when people cant spell my dogs name. (both on fb and IRL)
his name is Willy. HOW HARD IS THAT?

on FB people constnatly call him Willie even if i said something about Willy on what i posted.
our reg vet has his records under Willie (they misspelled another one of my pets names too) and the behavioral vet he goes to calls him Wiley (prounced while-E)

seriously is Willy a hard name?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ok reading back through i obviously missed the joke about an old thread i never read.

but seriously his name is W-I-L-L-Y

back to fb awkwardness.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ha ha that thread is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

LisaPunk wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

this is silly but it drives me bonkers when people cant spell my dogs name. (both on fb and IRL)
his name is Willy. HOW HARD IS THAT?

on FB people constnatly call him Willie even if i said something about Willy on what i posted.
our reg vet has his records under Willie (they misspelled another one of my pets names too) and the behavioral vet he goes to calls him Wiley (prounced while-E)

seriously is Willy a hard name?

When I was a teenager we had a cat named Willy (hello, it's how Free Willy is spelled!). My dad and I insisted it was spelled "Willy", but my mom always said it was spelled "Willie." It was a source of many an argument.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ha! I totally would spell his name Willie, I guess because I think animal friends need ie's at the end of their names. Our pup is named after rhodium, so we just shortened it to Rhodi, but I still always add an 'e' on the end. It really bugs my husband.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 pm 

Well, I think it would matter if your animal friend was named after Free Willy, Steamboat Willie, or Willie Aames. Maybe a pneumonic device to help remember?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

People misspelled Bonny's name all the time, it's even spelled wrong in the back of VCTOYCJ. Look, I get that it's usually spelled with an 'ie' but she was named after the pirate. Yarrrrrrrrrrrg.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ha, my dog is named Bonnie. After Bonnie Butler in Gone With the Wind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:23 am 

Copy-pasted from a restaurant menu that DEFINITELY does not use non-dairy yogurt:

Bhindi Do Pyaza (Vegan)
Fresh okra cooked with chunky bits of onion & bell peppers then finished with yogurt & spices

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:05 am 
***LIES!!!***

On a Facebook weight loss group, the entire group is now on a paleo diet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:08 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Paleo slow cooker? (that might have been the best thing on the interwebz yesterday)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 534  Next