| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 424  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My dog just had a good lick of my ear. Just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Someone just dropped off an enormous gift basket at our work to say thanks for our business throughout the year; I was putting it on the communal table when someone (who knows I am vegan) asked "is there anything in here you can eat? Oooh, I want this!" and promptly snatched the one thing (locally made dark chocolate which I know is vegan) I had my eye one.

I didn't care enough to say anything, but sigh....

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm 
Chard Martyr

Back to the cats on counters thing, my family would sometimes eat dinner with a cat sitting in the middle of table. He was just so cute there. He would usually jump down eventually. I am very not grossed out by anything cat related. However, I really do not like it when dogs lick my face. Maybe it's because I've never had a dog.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

kaerlighed wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
They're not on the counter while I'm cooking because I'm right there to stop them. And I wiped everything down before I started cooking and the food isn't ever touching the counter directly anyway. I don't get it!
My kitchen doesn't have a door, though, so there's not really an other options there. I mean, you don't have to come over for dinner, I just don't understand!

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trying to dictate what you personally should do or that I was commenting on the way you personally do things. I wasn't.

I really was not at all offended, I was just trying to imagine a universe where it's possible to keep pets away from eating areas. I guess there are probably kitchens with doors out there, but I don't know how common they are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:32 pm 
Nooch of Earl

My kitchen has doors (one a sliding pocket, the other side has a swinging door.. But I live in an old house that has the exact opposite of an open floorplan - you can pretty much close of any set of rooms from any other that you want. It's a beautiful thing when you have a toddler.

Speaking of, my vegan pet peeve is that vegans have vegan kids who make vegan poops, whether or not they are able to articulate the presence of said poop before it is crowning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Speaking of, my vegan pet peeve is that vegans have vegan kids who make vegan poops, whether or not they are able to articulate the presence of said poop before it is crowning.

I need more details...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I try giving Molly her own plate or bowl, but she wants mine. Same with the cockatiel. My mom always gives her a little glass of water and a piece off her sandwiches, but she wants mom's glass and moms sandwich (while she is trying to eat.)

I'm just happy that Molly has finally decided to adhere to the "crumb rule" that dictates that crunchy, crumbly foods must be eaten on her plate or napkin or other designated area, and not on my shoulder, down my clothes. That took years longer than potty training (that only took a few months).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

My house has an open kitchen right in the middle of the house. So it's easy to keep my non existent cats out, but if they weren't fictional they'd be all up in that beast. If I were going to set pet boundaries I'd do no bathrooms or bedrooms first, though. And if you take out bathrooms and bedrooms AND kitchens...well maybe pets aren't your thing anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think bird people might even have fewer boundaries than cat people. I just bring Molly into the shower with me. There is an entire industry of parrot shower perches, so it isn't just me being nuts.

If word gets out "crazy cat ladies" might lose their crown.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Butternut wrote:
Quote:

I need more details...

They shiitake without giving notice?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

lavawitch wrote:
I think bird people might even have fewer boundaries than cat people. I just bring Molly into the shower with me. There is an entire industry of parrot shower perches, so it isn't just me being nuts.

I lived in a studio once where I totally thought my neighbor was singing opera in the shower every morning and then when I met her, she was like, O, you're the new girl, I guess you've heard [forgotten parrot's name] in the mornings!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:13 am 
Chard Martyr

My gross weird cat (but loveable and the best little dude ever) can't jump on the counters, which is good, because she's old and drools and her saliva burns like battery acid on your skin. Puddington can do whatever the hell she wants on the counter, because she owns that shiitake. Honestly, I really didn't realize how often she's on the counters and kitchen table until this thread. We think it's adorable when she's on the kitchen table when we are eating. I dunno...who doesn't want to stare at a hilarious cat? I'd slightly risk death for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 am 
Flounceiad 2011

vijita wrote:
...who doesn't want to stare at a hilarious cat?
Exactly.

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:21 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Plus with all the cat hair on my clothes, I don't think the contamination is coming from the cats being on the counters (My cats seem to have absolutely no interest in the counters).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

The cranky lady at work that I've bonded with over our mutual love of cats has been interrogating me over my veganism. Somehow we keep managing to take our 15 minute break at the same time. During that short period, I'm usually preoccupied with shoving my dinner into my face because I'm always starving, but she's decided that my precious break time is now question and answer time. Not only does she think it is ludicrous that I don't eat milk, eggs, etc ('You aren't eating the animals, honey.'), she thinks that I must be malnourished (I'm not). Yesterday she said, 'I know I'm making you mad, but I just need to ask you some questions.' I said I wasn't mad (and hadn't been acting mad, was just shoveling soup down my throat as quickly as possible), I was just hungry and trying to eat! She then said, 'Ok, you eat, but just shake your head yes or no.'

Leave me beeeeeeeeeeee.

Also, it's not like I'm the only vegan she's ever met. 3 of my coworkers are as well.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Student at work keeps quizzing me on what I am eating while I am eating. Yesterday she stood over my shoulder doing a commentary of my food. I got some chips yesterday so it went a bit like this.... oh what did you get, where did you get it, why did you get it. FORK OFF!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating my lunch in the car tomorrow.

My friends cat gets in the shower with her every single day. If she dares to lock him out he wails outside non-stop until she gives in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:26 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

daisychain wrote:
Student at work keeps quizzing me on what I am eating while I am eating. Yesterday she stood over my shoulder doing a commentary of my food. I got some chips yesterday so it went a bit like this.... oh what did you get, where did you get it, why did you get it. FORK OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, this drives me nuts. I try to temper my annoyance by reminding myself that (most of the time) they're just interested and perhaps even going out of their way to show they care about my particular diet/ethics and have interest in it, whether or not they can personally "do it." But still, it's annoying as fork. Plus it puts pressure on you for every lunch/snack to be AMAZING and NUTRITIOUS. Sometimes I just want to eat popcorn and ice cream for lunch, ok?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I know. I'm like..... leave me alone while I watch Neighbours and eat my food. I need my headspace time but this one doesn't get the hint at all. One day I was in pain and exhausted tired so I went to lie down in a corner to try sleep. She came along just as I was starting to doze off and pulled a chair over near me and wouldn't shut the hell up asking me questions. I'm going to go sit in my car tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:45 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

daisychain wrote:
I know. I'm like..... leave me alone while I watch Neighbours and eat my food. I need my headspace time but this one doesn't get the hint at all. One day I was in pain and exhausted tired so I went to lie down in a corner to try sleep. She came along just as I was starting to doze off and pulled a chair over near me and wouldn't shut the hell up asking me questions. I'm going to go sit in my car tomorrow.

I sleep pretty great in cars much of the time, so I highly endorse this.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:20 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Moon wrote:
daisychain wrote:

This is a not a vegan pet-peeve, but why do people in cars on long journeys always act as though they've caught you out when they realise you've been napping in the passenger seat? And why do I strenuously deny that I was sleeping as though it were something shameful? Weird.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Hazel wrote:
Moon wrote:
daisychain wrote:

This is a not a vegan pet-peeve, but why do people in cars on long journeys always act as though they've caught you out when they realise you've been napping in the passenger seat? And why do I strenuously deny that I was sleeping as though it were something shameful? Weird.

I don't think I have ever encountered that...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Probably because it's one of the only times you have to be awake in close proximity with someone who's not so there is a high likelihood of hijinks.

I also hate falling asleep on the driver, they're bored and have to drive, I feel like its passenger duty to at least entertain them. I have a lot of driving etiquette rules in my brain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Fee wrote:

I also hate falling asleep on the driver, they're bored and have to drive, I feel like its passenger duty to at least entertain them. I have a lot of driving etiquette rules in my brain.

This. Especially since I don't drive so can't offer to give the driver a break.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, if it's a time when you're sleepy, the driver is probably sleepy too. Sleepy drivers are bad news. I think it's courteous to keep them entertained and alert especially if they're doing a nice thing like driving you somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Okay, let's get the pet peeves back to the vegan variety, this is in danger of turning into generic bisqueing.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 10598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 424  Next