| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 535  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pet peeves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So now I've gotten to the bottom of why the skin has been burnt off my lips, my ears are sore and inflamed, sore throat, asthma problems, stomach pains and diarrhoea. Some dickwad has been using my mug that is in our office. Like seriously...... WHYYYYYY would you go into someone's office and take their god damn mug and put your goddamned milky tea/coffee in it??????????? Nurses have an issue with washing up things that aren't theirs so it has probably only been given a rinse with cold water rather than actually washed.

I'm raging.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:22 pm 
WELFARIST!

I would be so pissed about that, daisychain!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really am pissed. The vegan thing aside..... I'm bloody well very intolerant to dairy and most medications that deal with the symptoms contain lactose so I can't take them either. Just so damn rude. I have all my stuff locked in a drawer that is meant to be for paperwork now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

What a wanker. What makes me particularly angry on your behalf is that whoever was doing it is probably walking around now thinking they've done nothing wrong, not realising all the pain and discomfort they've caused you. I'd want to leave a passive-aggressive note (or POSTER) letting them know, but I really don't think that'd help.

Out of interest, were they replacing the mug in your office after using it? Do you know/think this happened multiple times, based on your symptoms? Are there no communal mugs (presumably there is some sort of staff kitchen where they're making their tea)?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There are disposable paper cups with the coffee or tea in them already. I take my own mug because I drink decaf coffee. I think up until yesterday they were putting it back into the office but yesterday morning some of our stuff was left in the kitchen. I was thinking my coffee was disappearing very quickly too. I only have one or two coffees a day (usually only 1) but nearly a full jar is gone in the past 2 weeks despite me being the only one that drinks decaf out of the 2 of us working from that office. And my colleague has only been there 3 days in the past 3 weeks so it definitely isn't her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:35 pm 

I'm glad you've locked your stuff up. This sort of thing is why I'm terrible at sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

acr wrote:
i like sprouts in moderation, but i've had way too many sandwiches that were roughly 86% sprout. and some of those were from vegan places that you'd think would care more, because at that point whatever that sandwich is just tastes like a lawn. i used to work with a woman who told me once that she ate at least a pound of sprouts every day, and i was like, "wow, that's all the sprouts," and then one day i saw her in the break room eating big hairy forkfuls of sprouts out of a giant tupperware. so that pound wasn't in sandwiches or salads or smoothies; it was just sprouts and sprouts and more sprouts. i don't think there was dressing on them or anything. and whatever, i mean, eat what you like, but seeing it still made me sort of sad in a "why do you hate flavors?" way.

I am laughing out loud.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

A friend of mine on FB who recently lost her job is now really excited because a friend of hers in Las Vegas can get her an interview as Aquarium Supervisor at Mandalay Bay. She's like "Sharks and Tigers!!" All of our mutual friends as like "ZOMG SO COOL YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!" (I just checked the aquarium website and it doesn't look like they have tigers [maybe tiger sharks, but not tigers], but it's so problematic to me that she and everyone else things that having tigers on display at a resort is WAY COOL!)

This is someone who considers herself an animal lover, has 5 or 6 pets, and who even sent me a whole bunch of vegan makeup when my backpack (containing all my makeup amongst other things) got stolen from the train.

I don't want to be the dick who comes onto a thread with 20+ encouraging comments to talk about the exploitative nature of zoos and aquariums (aquaria?) but I also just can't go on there and be all encouraging either. (Especially after she posted "Ok, I'm going to do it!") So I bite my tongue.

For the record, this isn't even someone with animal care experience. Up until now, she's worked in finance. Not that you can't have a career change, but it doesn't bode well to me that a for-profit organization using animals for entertainment purposes wouldn't be looking for someone with at least SOME experience in animal care, even for an administrative function.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

daisychain wrote:
So now I've gotten to the bottom of why the skin has been burnt off my lips, my ears are sore and inflamed, sore throat, asthma problems, stomach pains and diarrhoea. Some dickwad has been using my mug that is in our office. Like seriously...... WHYYYYYY would you go into someone's office and take their god damn mug and put your goddamned milky tea/coffee in it??????????? Nurses have an issue with washing up things that aren't theirs so it has probably only been given a rinse with cold water rather than actually washed.

I'm raging.

Aren't nurses supposed to be all about cleanliness? I'm sorry you work with someone gross.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Not sure if this counts, but the nooch popcorn thread in the kitchen is making me feel like a shiitake vegan. I have never had nooch popcorn. I am such a shiitake vegan that even my (very omnivorous) MOTHER has had it. Said VO mother is now pressuring me to try it and told me to bring nooch over when I come over next, so we can all enjoy it while watching Problematic "Feminist" HBO shows.

It's a vegan pet peeve in that my own self (a vegan) is a pet peeve. Stretching? Perhaps. Humph.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I haven't either. I hate popcorn. Queue the lynch mob.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:48 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:10 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

lavawitch wrote:
I haven't either. I hate popcorn. Queue the lynch mob.

Nah it's cool, that means more popcorn for me. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:18 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

whole foods discontinued their vegan cookies from the bakery! :/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:22 pm 

oddspongeout wrote:
Not sure if this counts, but the nooch popcorn thread in the kitchen is making me feel like a shiitake vegan. I have never had nooch popcorn. I am such a shiitake vegan that even my (very omnivorous) MOTHER has had it. Said VO mother is now pressuring me to try it and told me to bring nooch over when I come over next, so we can all enjoy it while watching Problematic "Feminist" HBO shows.

It's a vegan pet peeve in that my own self (a vegan) is a pet peeve. Stretching? Perhaps. Humph.

I've never had noochy popcorn and have no particular desire to try it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:

Ah what the fizzle! I just discovered those like two weeks ago. Hopefully it's on a store-by-store basis? They were some kind of jam thumbprint cookies and they were so good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think nooch is overrated. Bring on the pitchforks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:55 pm 

http://pitchfork.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

amonik wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I'm raging.

Aren't nurses supposed to be all about cleanliness? I'm sorry you work with someone gross.

Not when it comes to cutlery and mugs. The ones that do have a thing about cleanliness have their own mugs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I really hope they haven't discontinued the vegan cookies near me. Will have to keep an eye out. :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:11 pm 
***LIES!!!***

missmuffcake wrote:

We used to get a big chocolate chip cookie out of the display case every time we went shopping. Over the past several months, they just turned to complete crepe (in fairness, they weren't really great to begin with), blech-y enough that my toddler won't even eat more than a couple bites anymore. Why can't they just make a good tasting not-overbaked cookie? Not that hard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, the WF cookies were always awful. No loss here. The only other vegan thing they have here is a truly awful dense, dusty, dry oat scone.

They probably have regional bakeries or products.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:25 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Mars wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Ah what the fizzle! I just discovered those like two weeks ago. Hopefully it's on a store-by-store basis? They were some kind of jam thumbprint cookies and they were so good.

Whole Foods makes bakery decisions on a store by store basis. Even in the same city, stores will have different products. They either make items in house or get them from local bakeries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

The WF in Oakland said they are no longer made. I will check more location in the next month. I just like having a big chocolatey chocolate cookie or german chocolate cookie to much on!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

daisychain, that is the worst. Its so gross and I am horrified and offended for you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 535  Next