| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scheduling websites/apps?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

Can anyone suggest any? I know about this website: https://www.volunteerspot.com/index I would like something with a little bit more moderator control, if possible, since I will have to "vet" all of the people who sign up for slots. I would also love to hear about competing options so I can make a more informed decision.

My situation is this: I just agreed to oversee volunteer signups for a "special task" during an important event. The event is 3 days long. People who volunteer 6 hours per day for all 3 days get to do a "special task" each day. (It's actually a lovely bonus thing. Not quite being fed vegan ice crams or donuts, but close.) Those 6 hours are overseen by section coordinators, who will have to confirm that the volunteer is actually signed up and (later on) is actually appearing to do their assigned task. We want to block people in groups of 15 (which means 20-25, because of no shows, forgetters, etc. etc.) for 30 minute sessions. It sounds like volunteerspot will be able to handle multiple groups for multiple blocks over multiple days, but I'm not sure about the vetting. If anyone has experience with this or another app, I would love to hear about it! Or if anyone wants to build me this app (for free! because NGO), I will happily ship a box of BeNeLux products to your door.