| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Whatever are you sick of?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 pm 
Chip Strong

Mars wrote:
Not too vegan of a fruit fly solution, but: put some a sweet vinegar like balsamic or red wine in a cup, then put in a good amount of dish soap, then whisk it up until the top is completely covered in suds. Then leave that out where there is the most of them. They go into the suds, not knowing it's liquid, then drown. After a few hours you'll see the cup has a ton of them in it, and your house, not so much!

That's what I do, but I just use a few drops of dish soap and ACV. Does more suds really work better? I've also read that adding yeast will attract more flies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Imitation Of Chris wrote:
Mars wrote:
Not too vegan of a fruit fly solution, but: put some a sweet vinegar like balsamic or red wine in a cup, then put in a good amount of dish soap, then whisk it up until the top is completely covered in suds. Then leave that out where there is the most of them. They go into the suds, not knowing it's liquid, then drown. After a few hours you'll see the cup has a ton of them in it, and your house, not so much!

That's what I do, but I just use a few drops of dish soap and ACV. Does more suds really work better? I've also read that adding yeast will attract more flies.

You catch more flies with agave nectar than vinegar.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:41 pm 
Dead by dawn

Imitation Of Chris wrote:
Mars wrote:

None of those solutions ever really worked for me. Someone told me that they lay their eggs in your drains so I just poured bleach down the kitchen drain for a couple of days so the egg wouldn't hatch and pretty much waited for the adults to die. It worked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:40 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm sick of feeling like I spend more time with migraines than I do doing things I care about or spending time with people I care about or basically anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:59 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I'm sick of being un(der)employed. It's been a year since I finished grad school and I'm still waiting tables... Waaa Waaa

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm sick of this book manuscript! "light edit" my arse. which reminds me that i'm sick of being lied to about the state of pre-edited drafts, because it leads to my agreeing to what turns out to be a woefully inadequate payment. and i'm sick of having to be a craptastic and neglectful cat mama. i want to go to bed, too, ophelia! but i'm probably not sleeping again until friday. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:01 am 
Ninja Master

I'm sick of feeling crappy. Why did I come back to work today, I should have stayed home and watched Shameless and ate niknaks like I wanted to.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
ugh

The expression "only the boring get bored."

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
I'm sick of failing at having a sex life.

Agreed.

I'm sick of the Ron Paul signs. It's NOT HAPPENING PEOPLE.

I am also sick of weekend classes.

I'm sick of the period from hell!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

The whole goddamn awful messy emotional dating game and the stupid bullshiitake mind games people play, knowingly or not.

Also, sick of having emotions and caring about people.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm sick of being forked over in every respect possible, except the nice way.
I'm sick of a war on education, war on health, war on women's health, war on poverty, and basically a war on everyone but the rich crasshole that drives around like his shiitake doesn't stink.
I'm sick of having to be nice to people who give me "gifts" that always have milk products in them. If I say "oh hey, this has milk in it" and don't accept it I'm a bisque. If I take it and give it away or throw it away I'm ungrateful.
I'm sick of the phrase "just do the what you can do" instead of helping me to do better. I don't want to do what I can currently do because that's crepe. I should be able to do better, I just can't figure out how. So friggin stop giving me a line of crepe and impart some knowledge or something to me.

I'm sick of a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Cleaning up the financial mess my former housemate left. (She was in charge of the house bank account for 10 years, and left us one hell of a mess to clean up.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

SassyOh wrote:
TurningVioletViolet wrote:
I'm sick of "my child wouldn't do THAT" attitudes, when their child has been doing exactly 'that'. 'That' being bullying my 4yo.

In the same vein, I'm tired of telling parents their kid is acting out at school and having them reply, "Well, s/he never does that at home," and accuse me (implicitly or directly) of lying. Because I obviously have a grudge against YOUR four year old who hits other kids with wooden trucks, and all of my detailed documentation is fabricated, and the victim and all witnesses are obviously part of my plot to bring your kid down so I can finally steal that awesome stuffed dinosaur s/he likes to cuddle at nap time.

Sounds plausible. I've seen some really great stuffed dinosaurs. And what does it say about me as a parent that I now want you to watch my kid?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:07 am 
Nailed to the V

bekki wrote:
SassyOh wrote:
I'm sick of "my child wouldn't do THAT" attitudes, when their child has been doing exactly 'that'. 'That' being bullying my 4yo.

In the same vein, I'm tired of telling parents their kid is acting out at school and having them reply, "Well, s/he never does that at home," and accuse me (implicitly or directly) of lying. Because I obviously have a grudge against YOUR four year old who hits other kids with wooden trucks, and all of my detailed documentation is fabricated, and the victim and all witnesses are obviously part of my plot to bring your kid down so I can finally steal that awesome stuffed dinosaur s/he likes to cuddle at nap time.

Sounds plausible. I've seen some really great stuffed dinosaurs. And what does it say about me as a parent that I now want you to watch my kid?

It says that you're awesome :p
And thank you. I kinda needed someone to say that. My job is kinda rough sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm sick of the people who jump on what you're saying and over analyse it while telling you "chill out, don't over analyse things". Umm, I'm not losing any sleep over what I'm talking about. I find this especially annoying when I'm talking about something to do with my children and people tell me to chill out, when I'm not actually stressing. you know the kinds of people who have to make a drama/situation out of whatever you're saying so that they can turn around and be the reasonable, rational one in the lot telling the others to calm down, when there's absolutely nothing to be calmed down about cos it's just a bloody conversation?? Gahhh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Itchy eyes, nose, throat, ears. Watery, puffy, red eyes. Sneezing, dripping nose I can't breath through. I'm sleepy, but I don't see much point in trying to go to bed until the allergy meds kick in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:05 pm 
ugh

I'm sick of the people who jump on what you're saying and over analyse it while telling you "chill out, don't over analyse things". Umm, I'm not losing any sleep over what I'm talking about. I find this especially annoying when I'm talking about something to do with my children and people tell me to chill out, when I'm not actually stressing. you know the kinds of people who have to make a drama/situation out of whatever you're saying so that they can turn around and be the reasonable, rational one in the lot telling the others to calm down, when there's absolutely nothing to be calmed down about cos it's just a bloody conversation?? Gahhh.

Yes. Just because I'm talking about something doesn't mean I'm tearing my hair out over it. This is even worse online - a negative but polite comment on Facebook gets a reaction like I used all caps and 10 exclamation points.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman