| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: when you realize that life is great.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

do you ever just think, 'wow, life is amazing'? do things happen to you that make you believe there is some sort of order in the universe? do events in your life happen that just... fit together?
i experience this daily, and it's glorious, and i wanted to share.
it's a beautiful sunny day, and i went out to the local farmer's market this morning; chatted with a gentleman on the bus about him and his sister trying to deal with the slow decline of their father in palliative care, exchanged many smiles and 'good morning's at the market, got 3/$5 mini bean burritos and 3/$1 mini vegan cupcakes, saw many adorable children, and listened to a stuff mom never told you podcast about 'baby fever' on the way home.
is there something wrong with me? or is life actually supposed to be this lovely?

it may be worth noting that this is after about 2 weeks of feeling like i belong in the hospital due to health complications arising from my continued struggle with anorexia. i woke up this morning and it was suddenly like, 'oh, hey, i feel good today', instead of 'my poor body'.

Post subject: Re: when you realize that life is great.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

yessss. there was a 'what brings you joy' thread a couple of weeks ago that I didn't post in, but it got me thinking. and I think the things that bring me most joy are the small things like you mention - a sunny day, a warm interaction, a smile and so on. when I take the time to notice and appreciate these things, I'm usually pretty satisfied with life :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:41 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I totally agree! I try to stop every day to appreciate the moment, and I must say, there are plenty of little moments that make me think life is great!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm 
Chip Strong

I spent the morning in a lovely park that I've never been to before. The weather has been gorgeous. Earlier the sky was so perfect, with the sunlight coming through the clouds, that if I were religious, I'd say it was like something out of the bible.

It just reminded me that the world is good, even if humans fork up sometimes. I can't think of a less sappy and cliche way to say that, but sometimes it's just nice to recognize these things.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i like these threads.
some years ago i was doing a lot of zen stuff and had reached that point where everything is beautiful all the time. i subsequently had a work trip that was just one amazing coincidence after another- everything was charmed, almost, things that shouldn't have happened all just went perfectly. i could see the magic of the world at work. i've since been back to the normal grind and on occasion i come to realize that the beauty and the perfection is all there, all the time. i may get stressed out and forget about it, but it's there anyway. (this is my excuse for spending 15m picking berries with the hummingbirds and poison caterpillars every day- it helps me remember).
My goal is to try to remember it more often.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was so excited to go to work this morning at 6:30 am cause some co-workers and I have a Saturday vegan competition and this week's theme was Turducken inspired (basically, a thing in a thing in a thing) and everyone made such sweet stuff and now I'm off to an impromptu house show. Yeah! Everything seems sweet (as long as I can dodge Romney canvassers)

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well!

And no, I can't say I've felt like this. But hopefully one day I will.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:53 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

anorexia is a jerk, but i'm glad you're finding the beauty of life every day.

i have moments like that too. and like a lot of you all, it's when i'm in nature. i go for walks in my neighborhood and i delight in every tree and flower and breath of fresh air in my lungs. and it's almost hard to breathe because it is all just so beautiful and wonderful. or when my cats are snuggling on me, i think wow, i am a good person deserving of love. life is good.