| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not sure where to post this...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:08 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

but I'm looking for foodies with a story to share for a project I am working on. I tried starting it up a long time ago but didn't have the resources, until now.
The project involves sharing your stories of what food means to you and your family. Not really about the creativity, or artistry behind cooking, more about the history of your cooking. Did this recipe come from a centuries old family recipe that you adapted? Is this the actual recipe that you inherited that you've always shared to rave review? Is this something that brings back a thousand memories, as food often does? Or does this dish speak to a time where the common preparation was too costly and the family recipe developed from necessity but has been held in reverence for decades?

I am looking to film you cooking and talking about your meal. Tell me your food stories! Share with me what food means to you. I have no thanks to give more than words and vegan cookies if you so desire. I am looking for people particularly on the Northeast Coast of US, but will be making a trip to Philadelphia very soon for a conference in October and will also be visiting Iceland soon, so where are my Iceland vegans at?

This is a project for school but means so much more to me. Please let me know if you'd like to be a part. If you know any amazing cooks with a great story to tell, please let them know about this, too.

Post subject: Re: Not sure where to post this...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I could def write out my cooking story for you. Filming me cook is a scary idea, but hey what the hell! I'm in Jersey though so not sure if that works for you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I live in the NW suburbs of Philadelphia and would be interested in participating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Does the project require that you personally film the people you're interviewing? You might get even more participants if they were able to make & send a video.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:30 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Bunniee, I've explored that venue actually. I would love all submissions but might be able to get a nice high quality camera from my school's film department or some such discount that I'm looking into, and I know I want to film people who don't have a camera yet (and I myself don't have one) and coming into one could maybe be a task but it'll be well worth it. However, if you want to submit something, I would love to! I just figured it might be easier to have a good place to start to have my own (and maybe a film crew to get this together...I have to ask about this)

I'd be thrilled to go to Philly or Jersey to film you guys!

(Sorry if my grammar is shoddy, I can barely think straight!)