| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 2770
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/2060077299.html

Double Chocolate vegan COOKIES (yum) (north beach / telegraph hill)

Hi, I am the cookie man. You can also call me Scott.

A few times a week, I go out at random times and locations, sit on an inflatable couch, and offer people homemade vegan cookies.

I WILL BE IN NORTH BEACH THIS AFTERNOON. I'll post my extact location and arrival as soon as I have it figured out at FreeCookiesNyc on twitter and facebook.
Not on those sites? FreeCookies dotnet
Or you can call the 24 hour FREE COOKIE HOTLINE 347 eight two nine 4YUM.

“Free Cookies” is not really about cookies.
It’s not about selling things, religion, or politics.
I don’t think of it as an art project, or a social experiment.
It's not a trick or a trap.

It’s really just a great way to meet people and get popular.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 am 
Offline
Thinks Plants Have Feelings
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 am
Posts: 61
Location: Norristown, PA / Philly Area
I kind of love this man!

_________________
She's Cooking Salad for Breakfast. She's Got Tofu the Size of Texas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:29 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: PORTLAND!
That's kind of awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3401
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
Awwww, his pics on Craigslist are so cute! But I would still be scared to eat cookies from a man on the street that I don't know. He would have to eat one first, wait 30 minutes, and if hes still alive after that I guess I would try one.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:32 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 579
GraciaKai wrote:
Awwww, his pics on Craigslist are so cute! But I would still be scared to eat cookies from a man on the street that I don't know. He would have to eat one first, wait 30 minutes, and if hes still alive after that I guess I would try one.



and you have to pick out the cookie.

Wait, he could have that planned like Princess Bride. Make him eat a little piece of each cookie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: PORTLAND!
GuiltyofBeingSprite wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
Awwww, his pics on Craigslist are so cute! But I would still be scared to eat cookies from a man on the street that I don't know. He would have to eat one first, wait 30 minutes, and if hes still alive after that I guess I would try one.



and you have to pick out the cookie.

Wait, he could have that planned like Princess Bride. Make him eat a little piece of each cookie.

That still won't help if he has built up an immunity to iocane powder.
Make his true love taste the cookies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 579
Bring a canary, or cockroaches


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am 
Offline
Writes Vegan Haiku
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Brooklyn
Oh, he used to be in New York! I've had the cookies and I'm still alive...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7417
Location: Portland
I work in North Beach! I will go meet him if he's not somewhere too far away! I will post pics!

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:34 am 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5920
He's posted pictures of himself. I think he could be located if he were poisoning people with cookies and therefore is not. Besides, just look at that awesome inflatable couch. That is the couch of a generous and honest man! And while he says free cookies isn't about promoting anything, I think it's about gently promoting veganism and friendly human interaction with strangers. And bringing cockroaches would totally ruin my appetite for cookies and not be vegan!

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7417
Location: Portland
Yeah, it makes me sad and confused that people think a guy like this would be out to poison or fork with people. If I die from eating a poisoned cookie, then at least I die trusting people.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:53 am
Posts: 2680
Location: Florida
seems very cool. :)

_________________
All of the little things.

Bananas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:04 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3401
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
jordanpattern wrote:
Yeah, it makes me sad and confused that people think a guy like this would be out to poison or fork with people. If I die from eating a poisoned cookie, then at least I die trusting people.

Hey man, you never know what kind of creepo whacky people are out there. I mean, I'm pretty sure he is not trying to poison people but my inner "never take candy from a stranger" mindset kicks in when I see someone handing out food on the street.

He is doing a very cool thing though! I would sit with him.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 am 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7417
Location: Portland
GraciaKai wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
Yeah, it makes me sad and confused that people think a guy like this would be out to poison or fork with people. If I die from eating a poisoned cookie, then at least I die trusting people.

Hey man, you never know what kind of creepo whacky people are out there. I mean, I'm pretty sure he is not trying to poison people but my inner "never take candy from a stranger" mindset kicks in when I see someone handing out food on the street.

He is doing a very cool thing though! I would sit with him.


I live in San Francisco! There are lots of creepy wackos here (I'm probably more aware of it than the average person, working, as I do, in a criminal defense law office), but I still like to trust people. I understand that not everyone feels the way I do, but it still bums me out that as a society, we're so paranoid that everyone is out to get us.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: free vegan cookies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3401
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
jordanpattern wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
Yeah, it makes me sad and confused that people think a guy like this would be out to poison or fork with people. If I die from eating a poisoned cookie, then at least I die trusting people.

Hey man, you never know what kind of creepo whacky people are out there. I mean, I'm pretty sure he is not trying to poison people but my inner "never take candy from a stranger" mindset kicks in when I see someone handing out food on the street.

He is doing a very cool thing though! I would sit with him.


I live in San Francisco! There are lots of creepy wackos here (I'm probably more aware of it than the average person, working, as I do, in a criminal defense law office), but I still like to trust people. I understand that not everyone feels the way I do, but it still bums me out that as a society, we're so paranoid that everyone is out to get us.

It is disheartening.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Melody and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer