| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Pet Awesomes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:39 am 
Nooch of Earl

Went on a tour today to see a Roman villa excavation site (not far from Pompei) and a pasta factory. Did NOT realize the tour included a lunch, of course with a set menu.

Any other time of year it probably would've been a disaster, but friday during lent? All they had to to was leave off the cheese sprinkles from mine and I had a vegan multi-course meal: bruschetta and these fried dough things made from pasta dough, followed by two kinds of pasta (one with tomato sauce, one with potatoes). Carby for sure, but delicious and not a crisis!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:02 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't know of fried pasta dough, but I want to!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:38 am 
Inflexitarian

The coffee shop I'm currently sitting at not only doesn't charge extra for soymilk, but they even have it in a thermos on the help-yourself table alongside the other milk options! Not sure why this is very rare, but I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:20 pm 
Dead by dawn

We have a local ice cream shop (with pinball!) that always has three or four house-made vegan flavors. They just posted a pic on facebook of a case of Dandies and asked for suggestions of what kind of vegan ice cream to make with them. They have a bunch of yummy-sounding suggestions, plus a couple of omnis have expressed interest in gelatin-free marshmallows. Win-win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:33 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

tomorrow is the opening of the local spring farmer's market!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:28 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

My vegan pet awesome is that I'm in Portland right now. Many things are vegan! There are soy curls!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 pm 
Inflexitarian

I had dinner tonight with my partner's close childhood friend and his familiy- they moved back to Chicago about a year ago and we haven't hung out with them yet. It was over all very lovely, I really enjoyed meeting the adults and the kids were adorable.

And, my partner mentioned to them ahead of time that I am vegan but I was still prepared for something like salad and bread while everyone else ate something much more filling, but they made an almost entirely vegan meal for us that was great- roasted vegetables with carrots, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and garlic, some roasted asparagus, brown rice couscous, and baguette. Plus some tasty strawberries and raspberries and blackberries for dessert. The only nonvegan things were some butter on the side for the bread, and some whipped cream on the side for the berries. Soooo sweet, especially from people I've never met before!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

monkeytoes wrote:
We have a local ice cream shop (with pinball!) that always has three or four house-made vegan flavors. They just posted a pic on facebook of a case of Dandies and asked for suggestions of what kind of vegan ice cream to make with them. They have a bunch of yummy-sounding suggestions, plus a couple of omnis have expressed interest in gelatin-free marshmallows. Win-win.

I hope they are making rocky road! you gotta do the classics before you get too crazy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:35 pm 
Semen Strong

Smore icecream would be so good! Graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow bits with a ribbon of caramel. Mmmmmm!

annak, so happy that Fridays during Lent are working out for you! Your meal sounds delicious!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 am 
Nooch of Earl

I solved the soy yogurt crisis: I moved to another country and bought Soyade. Had a big bowl of apricot this morning and there's a tub of plain in the fridge. I forgot how stinking GOOD this stuff is, it's my favorite soygurt. So I guess my pet awesome is that when you move somewhere new you get access to new vegan things that can be totally delicious.

My mother used to use this expression, "Don't bring Muhammed to the mountain, have the mountain come to Muhammed." I have no idea what the heck the theological basis for that is but it's how I feel I have staged this coup of soygurt-filled happiness.

ETA: not only did I totally get it wrong, it's some random Francis Bacon thing that basically just makes shiitake up about Islam. But I still went to Mt. Soygurt and got Soyade so whatever. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/if_the_mo ... o_Muhammad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Earth balance white cheddar popcornnnnn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Mars wrote:

YESSSS!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:49 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I made a new friend last night and we were talking about blogs.

New Friend: So you have a blog?
Me: Yeah! I mostly post recipes.
NF: Oh cool! I love recipes! Is there a theme?
Me: Well, I'm a vegan. So, they're all vegan recipes!
NF: That's awesome!! I love vegan food!

Turns out they used to have a vegan roommate and they cooked together a lot, so they've had lots of delicious vegan food before and they know how GREAT it is. I love it when I get to have these positive conversations about all the different things people can eat without having to resort to animal products! AND now I have a new friend!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Yay for new friends!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:32 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

watermelon flavored jelly beans that are vegan...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oo, that sounds good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:29 am 
Nooch of Earl

Can we at least get a brand name?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i posted about 'em before - but jolly ranchers jelly beans are vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 am 
Nooch of Earl

Oh. Sweet! I wonder if they'd have them at the commissary here. I'll have to look.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 am 
Nailed to the V

Mars wrote:

Oh frack yes!
I actually came I here to post about earth balance cheddar potato chips. I haven't opened the bag yet, but I hope that they taste like those (prbly mildly disgusting but amazingly delicious in my memory) lays cheddar potato chips. I'm debating telling my bf I got them bc there's a chance I'll eat them all while he's at work :)))
EDA: autocorrect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

the gluten free dude is going to bring salsa and someone is going to bring chips for the boyfriend's work thing. they are making sure some stuff is vegan. i really hope they like the spicy black bean & corn salad i made. i maybe should have not added ghost peppers - but the boyfriend said the gf dude at least likes things hot!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:44 am 

chouettes crêpes wrote:
Mars wrote:

Oh frack yes!
I actually came I here to post about earth balance cheddar potato chips. I haven't opened the bag yet, but I hope that they taste like those (prbly mildly disgusting but amazingly delicious in my memory) lays cheddar potato chips. I'm debating telling my bf I got them bc there's a chance I'll eat them all while he's at work :)))
EDA: autocorrect

Those chips are the besssssst.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:46 am 

My vegan pet awesome right now is that I've befriended a really amazing trans queer vegan, and then what do you know, he happens to have other trans queer vegan friends who are also totally awesome and like hanging out with me. WUT! Life, you're so cute, stop it!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

I'm a lurker around the PPK, but something nice just happened and I wanted the internet to know about it. I get pizza from a locally owned pizza place fairly often, and I always order online 'cause I don't like using the phone if I don't have to. So as soon as I place my order tonight I realize that I mis-clicked and selected the wrong crust. As I'm trying to figure out if I can edit my order online or if I have to suck it up and call them, I get a call from the pizza place. The nice man has a question about my online order. He noticed that I ordered a veggie pizza with vegan cheese, on a traditional crust. But traditional crust isn't vegan. Would I like to change it to thin crust, which is vegan? Of course I tell him I mis-clicked and thank him profusely. I just thought it was so nice and detail-oriented to see that there may be a mistake and call someone up about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Space.Clown wrote:
I'm a lurker around the PPK, but something nice just happened and I wanted the internet to know about it. I get pizza from a locally owned pizza place fairly often, and I always order online 'cause I don't like using the phone if I don't have to. So as soon as I place my order tonight I realize that I mis-clicked and selected the wrong crust. As I'm trying to figure out if I can edit my order online or if I have to suck it up and call them, I get a call from the pizza place. The nice man has a question about my online order. He noticed that I ordered a veggie pizza with vegan cheese, on a traditional crust. But traditional crust isn't vegan. Would I like to change it to thin crust, which is vegan? Of course I tell him I mis-clicked and thank him profusely. I just thought it was so nice and detail-oriented to see that there may be a mistake and call someone up about it.

Yay, go pizza person for thinking about that! What's extra awesome is that the person placing the order may have been an omni ordering the pizza as a surprise treat for a vegan, who didn't even know to check crust ingredients. Pizza man to the rescue!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next