| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Pet Awesomes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Great mugs! I want the vegan one because my nickname is the fun hater (the nickname is unrelated to being vegan, but my friend named the vegan sandwich at his bar the fun hater after me).

This bar in my city that used to have awesome tofu tacos a few years ago has smoked tempeh tacos now. My friend works there and he's been trying to get more vegan things on the menu for awhile. I had the tacos yesterday and they made my day. They were so tasty! They also have fried brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction that were equally awesome. Tasty vegan snacks really make my day.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:18 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Oh man. I am SO copying you and getting that mug.

I had that terrible horse racing event at work last week. It sucked (well, for me and my ethics, that aside it was a successful event) but something good came out of it.

One of the girls I brought in from our LA office to staff the event was kind of staying away from the races, and left right after we closed registration. We had open bar, so I thought for sure everyone would stay

Come to find out she is a huge AR activist, and volunteers for a charity that rescues race horses! We are going to work together to do some stuff with the company to offset these racing events we do. It's really going to get me into more AR stuff...I am a bit of a slactivist.

Also, her GF is vegan, and she is vegetarian. For someone that has zero veggie friends, it's nice to finally be around other veggies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

This thread made my day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

annak wrote:
They were both zazzle acquisitions. I wanted a feminist mug and a vegan one, and after wading through page after page of @#$% I decided these were the best.

Hurrah -- those mugs are the best!

My vegan awesome for the day is how huge the Sunday Farmer's Mkt is and how many vegan options there are in addition to the best looking fruits and vegetables in the world. I have a sad, though, because I didn't get myself any treats and now I wish I did. Oh well. Next time!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just started an internship through my school, at a community garden that grows produce for the hungry in our community (they grew over 60,000 pounds of fruits and vegetables last year!). They make lunch everyday with stuff from the garden for all of the staff and volunteers. I hadn't told the garden director that I was vegan. After spading soil amendments into the beds for hours, I was really hungry by the time lunch was ready, and I got all ready to ask a bunch of questions about what was in everything, when I overheard one of the regular volunteers talking about how the lunch is always vegan. They make a giant vegan potluck every day! I had a grainy, beany soup, mashed pumpkin with other stuff, garlicky pesto bread, a millet & corn dish, pickled beets, a salad made of baby bok choi and carrot strips with an awesome balsamic dressing, and ended the meal with vegan apple pie! This is going to be the best term ever.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I love this thread!!

I'm currently super excited about a new Friday Food Market that's coming to my city this month. It's a Street Food kinda deal & two of the vendors have been in touch to say that they'll be including vegan options on their stalls.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Chip Strong

I went for lunch with some omni friends this weekend, and when we went to the cafe, they asked me if I minded them eating meat, and when I said that actually I wouldn't like it very much but didn't feel it was my place to tell them what to eat, they all decided to eat vegetarian food :) In the past when this has come up, they've almost always eaten meat in front of me, so it was a nice surprise for this to happen and made me very happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I went to a place for brunch yesterday that claimed to be vegan-friendly and while I was enjoying all of the yummy foods they had put out (including vegan chocolate cake!), one of the waitresses came to refill my drink and asked if it was our first time there. I said yes, and she asked where we had heard about them, and I said that I saw them on Yelp. She looked really excited and asked if I was vegan, and then she proceeded to tell me all about their lunch/dinner menu and their vegan wine dinners they have every Thursday! I thought it was pretty awesome that an omni restaurant was so friendly towards vegans and was actually excited to tell me all about their vegan offerings. For once, I felt special in a GOOD way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:45 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

One of the local supermarkets is having a "flexitarian" give away: whenever you buy any meat thing (actual meat, or any of their many meat substitutes) you get a free package of vegan chicken from the Vegetarian Butcher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 am 
Saggy Butt

Dandies marshmallows are better than Kraft ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:32 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

There was a plethora of awesome vegan food at Coachella this year. Every year there are more and more options.

I had the most amazing smashed garlic potato chilli cheese fries. So damn good. Omni friends kept trying to eat them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

we got sofritas at Chipotle here. going to try it for lunch on Saturday after hitting up the farmer's market!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm 

Vegan ice cream place opened in my neighborhood. I overheard a group of people discussing who the ice cream was for (vegans? vegetarians?). They came to the conclusion that it's for everyone. It is, and it's delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

ndpittman wrote:
Vegan ice cream place opened in my neighborhood. I overheard a group of people discussing who the ice cream was for (vegans? vegetarians?). They came to the conclusion that it's for everyone. It is, and it's delicious.

That's so awesome that they decided it's for everyone. I went last night too (having a vegan ice cream place is really the best/worst thing ever. Fortunately I live a couple miles away so I won't go every day) and the mango habanero is the best. I got a combo with that and dark chocolate. SO GOOD! It was pretty crowded when I was there, too. Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dave the Cat wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

That's so awesome that they decided it's for everyone. I went last night too (having a vegan ice cream place is really the best/worst thing ever. Fortunately I live a couple miles away so I won't go every day) and the mango habanero is the best. I got a combo with that and dark chocolate. SO GOOD! It was pretty crowded when I was there, too. Yay!

what place is this?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 am 

Quarantined wrote:
Dave the Cat wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

what place is this?

FoMu opened a second location in Jamaica Plain!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

wow awesome, I never make it to Allston or JP unfortunately but I will have to try to get to this new location soon.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ndpittman wrote:

Vegan ice cream for is for everyone! I like this description.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Watching Mr Moon tuck in to a huge plate of vegan food and not complain that it's weird or there's no meat. He usually doesn't make comments anyway, but this is all stuff I know he enjoys and won't be thinking about meat - vegetable samosas, dill basmatic rice with chickpeas and kale (yes, even kale!) and steamed broccoli.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Veganism gives you extremities powerful enough to destroy entire families.

I heard it from Mike Tyson:
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2013/04/16/mike ... lifestyle/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

annak wrote:
Veganism gives you extremities powerful enough to destroy entire families.

I heard it from Mike Tyson:
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2013/04/16/mike ... lifestyle/

I feel so powerful! DESTROYING ALL THE THINGS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I am hoping for a vegan pet awesome this weekend - we have a work retreat at a resort type place. So far I have been lucky with all my "special" meals at events like this/weddings/ etc. Not always spectacular but always edible and usually tasty.

I am mostly concerned about breakfast but will of course have soymilk/clif bars/pounds of chocolate stashed in my luggage. At dinner if I get fruit when everyone else gets confections I might haul out my stash of vegan chocolate and cookies and lay them out on the table. (that's what I find most disappointing - the entree may be very good but there is no decadent dessert when everyone else has beautiful fancy sweet things)

I am off to Pete's for goodies - Report on Monday!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:02 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

My omni partner made a statement last night at dinner that he LOVES TEMPEH.

awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I went to the VegFest and bought what seems to be a bit of everything - Dandies and all four kinds of Teese (which I'm excited to try) and vegan chocolate and tasted a billion kinds of delicious food.

Then I stopped at the ice cream place on the way home and had SWEDISH FISH flavored vegan ice cream. SO awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:50 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

World Wide Vegan Bake Sale today! So much great stuff baked and donated from home bakers and local businesses. We were scheduled for 10-3 and were sold out by 2. Yeah!

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next