| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Pet Awesomes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Saw this on facebook. Basically a tofu ingredient can be used to make solar cells which will replace another toxic ingredient.

http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20142706-25766.html

And here is the best comment:

I can see it all now. In a few years the usual pseudoscience sources will be scaring everyone with the outcry "tofu contains the same chemicals that are used in the production of solar panels!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 pm 
Saggy Butt

Kal wrote:
And here is the best comment:

I can see it all now. In a few years the usual pseudoscience sources will be scaring everyone with the outcry "tofu contains the same chemicals that are used in the production of solar panels!"

ha! Yuuuup. That's so neat tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:02 pm 

I just saw a picture that animal testing is no longer required in China. Can anyone confirm?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm 

I was in Amarillo and decided to go to a pizza place where I thought I could get something on their menu without cheese. When I ordered it, they said "would you like Daiya on it?" This place didn't list vegan or Daiya anywhere on their website or menu, so it was a great surprise. 575 Pizzeria.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Kal wrote:
I just saw a picture that animal testing is no longer required in China. Can anyone confirm?

The most recent logical harmony post addresses this. They are reducing the testing required but it doesn't do anything good for the companies we've been wanting to buy.

http://www.logicalharmony.net/#axzz36JQUOh3H

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am 
ugh

So, my company has two offices, one in Boston and one in Miami. Every year each office has two parties (a summer one and a holiday one), and for each party they draw names from one office to attend the party in the other office. I work in Boston and put my name in for the Miami summer party and got picked this year!!

Anyway, the vegan part of this is - when the other office sent me and the other winner all the party details, they asked if either of us was vegetarian or vegan. Then when I told them I was vegan, they sent me a menu for an all-vegan catering company to pick something out, and it sounds DELICIOUS. In my office I have to bug people to be accommodated (even though I sit a few feet away from the party planners) so it's a nice change!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:40 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I am born in Germany and when i was omni i looooooved the sausages... specialy the white ones (you eat it with sweet mustard)
Some time ago i bought some vegan white sausages but i never dared to try them. Yesterday was the day is tryed and i wished i did that sooner! I loved them!! They taste like the original sausage. I even had the sweet mustard. Yay for the vegan white sausage!! ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I bought one of Primal Strips vegan jerky (they have them at Organic Earth Market, for any locals) for the first time on the weekend and stuck it in my bag. Last night I had to run around instead of eating dinner so pulled it out. Wow - that is one of the most delicious packaged foods I have ever eaten. I had the lime mesquite. If they weren't so expensive I would go and buy up a box of every flavour. And for the record, I am not a huge seitan fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Primal Strips are lovely! I wish there was somewhere round here I could actually buy them. They barely exist in the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:04 am 
Seagull of the PPK

last saturday I had a work event (they're bar meetups, usually nothing I can eat) so I took Mr T and the kid out for dinner first (he's my designated driver).
We went to a burger bar that I just read about and it turned out they had FIVE VEGAN BURGER OPTIONS and HUNDREDS of beers. The owner is vegan and everything is clearly labeled (and the whole thing is woman-run and sort of riot grrrl atmosphere, which is sorely lacking around these parts). The only thing separating this from Nirvana was having Jesus, Buddha, Tori Amos and Howard Zinn greeting me at the door. I had a beet and bean burger that was unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My mom bought me a pound and a half of really high quality vegan chocolate. I am hiding it for a special occasion.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

torque wrote:
...The only thing separating this from Nirvana was having Jesus, Buddha, Tori Amos and Howard Zinn greeting me at the door...

I panicked for a minute, because I thought you were saying Tori Amos died. 14-22 year old me would have been crushed!

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

miepmans86 wrote:
I am born in Germany and when i was omni i looooooved the sausages... specialy the white ones (you eat it with sweet mustard)
Some time ago i bought some vegan white sausages but i never dared to try them. Yesterday was the day is tryed and i wished i did that sooner! I loved them!! They taste like the original sausage. I even had the sweet mustard. Yay for the vegan white sausage!! ^^

I love when something like this happens! I think the last time this happened to me was with Daiya strawberry cream cheese. I was like "oh my god, I forgot, strawberry cream cheese IS AWESOME!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:46 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Wait... there is vegan strawberry cream cheese?
This changes my world.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

kfad wrote:
Wait... there is vegan strawberry cream cheese?
This changes my world.

from Daiya! It's fairly recent, as in the past year, if I'm not mistaken. They also have an herbs & chives flavor, which is not as good as strawberry IMHO, but better than Tofutti's herbs & chives in spades.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Invictus wrote:
torque wrote:
...The only thing separating this from Nirvana was having Jesus, Buddha, Tori Amos and Howard Zinn greeting me at the door...

I panicked for a minute, because I thought you were saying Tori Amos died. 14-22 year old me would have been crushed!

Ha, I figure if anyone can handle transmutation, Tori Amos could!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:36 pm 

I hate the "Don't you know that plants are also alive!" from omnivores.

Um yes we do. We never claimed that they weren't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
miepmans86 wrote:

I love when something like this happens! I think the last time this happened to me was with Daiya strawberry cream cheese. I was like "oh my god, I forgot, strawberry cream cheese IS AWESOME!"

Yay! Sounds great! Hurray for great vegan food :)

I had an omni (but veganism courious) friend over yesterday (to watch de footbal game) and wile i was cooking she was browsing trough a few of the vegan cookbooks that were in the kitchen and she loved them! She was taking pictures of some recipes and wanted to come to eat at my house more often. I am going to give her one of these books for her birthday :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 am 

I saw a meme on facebook that said

"I'll tell you what: you watch five minutes of a slaughterhouse video, and I'll watch an hour of a strawberry harvest."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I love that sometimes, for dinner, I just grab a big mixing bowl (like, real big, for baking) and I make a salad that fills it up, and then eat it all in one sitting. I'm all like "YEAH BRO" and "now THAT'S a forking SALAD, DUDE!" and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 am 
Flounceiad 2011

We've been in Iceland for a conference this past week, and while we've done pretty well with groceries and even some restaurants, it's not exactly a vegan paradise (although it's about a million times better than Quebec City, which retains the title of Worst Place To Be Vegan in my experience thus far), and vegetables, fruits, etc. are extremely expensive. A a grad school friend of my partner's lives here in Reykjavik, and she invited us to a dinner party where she put on the most beautiful feast; we were the only vegans there, but there was nothing we couldn't eat on the whole menu, from pre-dinner nibbles right through to dessert. It was so thoughtful and carefully prepared, and such a lovely evening above and beyond the food in terms of company and conversation, that I know it will be a happy memory for a long time to come.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My guy surprised me when I got home from work yesterday with lunch, but not just any lunch: not pasta or something else super easy. He made me the roasted vegetables romesco sandwiches from Isa Does It! They were SO good and it was about the nicest thing anyone's done for me ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:07 pm 

I saw someone else buying Tofu at the grocery store. I'm very shy so I didn't talk to them so I did the nerdy thing and eagerly grabbed a package of tempeh as if to say "look! I eat this too!" I don't think the person noticed or cared lol. For all I know, the person wasn't vegan or vegetarian and was just making a dish that called for Tofu. (Or even just liked tofu)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:33 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Mars wrote:
I love that sometimes, for dinner, I just grab a big mixing bowl (like, real big, for baking) and I make a salad that fills it up, and then eat it all in one sitting. I'm all like "YEAH BRO" and "now THAT'S a forking SALAD, DUDE!" and stuff.

Hell yes. I love salad. I love it so much that it annoys me when people make fun of salad. Those people clearly haven't experienced the kind of monster salad I make for dinner all the time. Salad can be extremely serious business, and anyone who would beg to differ is clearly missing out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:08 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just had a giant bowl of salad, and it was amazingly good! I never liked salad much at all as a kid, but I think going vegan forced me to initially be less picky with stuff until I got to love it, and to experiment with lots of ingredients I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

It was so good I wish I still had room, I'd go downstairs and whip up another. It had grated courgette and little gem lettuce, cucumber, cold new potatoes, lovely fresh broad beans, baked tofu, almond feta and hot sauce! fork, I just realised I forgot to add any of the amazing looking tomatoes I got earlier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next