| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 239  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Well I can't do real-dating because no one wants to real-date me yet! And the trouble is I'm feeling on-the-fence about hookups! Even though I know I want them in theory, when I think about really doing them, I get all unsure and pouty.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

A hookup with someone you would not fall for might be better? That's kind of what I want to find, so that I can get ready to have someone else in that space who I might actually like.

I've definitely found that sleeping on one of my first dates probably speeds up the process, so you could end up falling for maybe the wrong person if you sleep with them too early on, which might happen if you are raring too much!

Or maybe I only sleep with people I would be compatible with? I guess maybe I don't know, but I definitely slept with my last two gfs super early on (like first and second dates).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Guys, I think I'm going to try this online dating for realz. I made an okc account earlier this year when my ex and I broke up at the suggestion of my sister (who had just broken up with her bf and had reactivated her account), but I definitely wasn't over him and I ended up deleting it after a few too many weird messages.

So, HOW DO I DO THIS? I feel embarrassed talking about my self and always feel weird when I have to fill out questionnaires, so I don't even know where to start describing myself. Um, I <3 cats, Doctor Who, running, nature and food. Someone date me?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

That's not bad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:39 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I just got this message:
"hi... My name is Mark. I enjoyed your profile. I just opened a sports bar at 497 Washington Ave in Albany. You and your friends should stop by for a drink sometime. Ttyl"

Interesting marketing tactic...

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just had a Skype date! He was too... amused by himself? Into clichés? I don't know. I'm meeting him for a coffee on Wednesday, but I don't think it'll go anywhere.

He also said I was straight acting, which rang an alarm bell for me. Who says that? Did he learn about gays from 3am chatline ads?*

* By which I mean: In my mind gay people are normal, because they/we are. Saying someone is straight acting kind of suggests they've got a gay-shame radar on. Fizzle that shizzle fo' rizzle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:51 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

We ended up just getting dinner to do the Lowes picnic at a future date, but it was a great date! I had a lot of fun, probably because she's super funny. So we shall see! Maybe she's just funny. But anyway, it was a fun one!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars! I will bite that bullet for ya. Rawr.

I should not be allowed online when I can has wine. Rawr.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just got the most disturbing message. One of my pictures is of me at Farm Sanctuary with a sheep, another is of me eating pita with falafel and hummus. Some jerk just messaged me, and this is the only thing he said: "Did you just eat him???"

:(

Blocked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Gulliver wrote:
I just had a Skype date! He was too... amused by himself? Into clichés? I don't know. I'm meeting him for a coffee on Wednesday, but I don't think it'll go anywhere.

He also said I was straight acting, which rang an alarm bell for me. Who says that? Did he learn about gays from 3am chatline ads?*

* By which I mean: In my mind gay people are normal, because they/we are. Saying someone is straight acting kind of suggests they've got a gay-shame radar on. Fizzle that shizzle fo' rizzle.

Hey, you have no idea who I am or if I am a putz with no good intention. I just clicked through to see what was happening as I wait for my son to get ready to go grab a slice.

Hell I am even a straight. However, that " straight acting" is a sign to stay away. If someone cannot accept you for who you are from the moment they meet you chances are they are going to be more critical. Let's hope that he is just awkward as heck and has no clue how to throw down a mack. That when he is more comfortable he actually a decent guy with a good sense of humor that is not geared toward his own amusement.

I wish you luck, though seeing some of your posts I do not thin kyou will need it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 am 

To be honest, it's not uncommon in gay personals and on profiles, but I was a director of an LGBT young people's charity for two years, have worked with vulnerable young people and recently called my employer out on stupid transphobic language in a mandatory questionnaire. Up with that internalised homophobia shiitake I will not put.

Then again, it might just be that he was tongue tied and panicking about things to say.

I've got a pseudo-date on Tuesday! I've been texting a guy and he's sweet. The texts kept almost getting too saucy and then we'd get embarrassed and change the subject. I've made it clear I've just left a relationship and want to go slowly, and he is happy with that because he doesn't want me to fork him over by having a rebound freak out. We're meeting at a pub where there's an event on that is very social, so if we don't like each other there's no obligation to talk to one another and we can just enjoy the event.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:07 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

It was just the thought of a comment as a criticism with negative connotations. It does not matter who we are attracted to, but that we are valued for ourselves. I am aware of the "straight acting" as a descritptor for the self, from my perspetive this is a self-identifying description not one for others to make.

The PPK has always created a sense of community with strangers that have a common bond. Protection of thie members of this community is weird, but not illogical. Just do not want to see our community hurt.

The hope for the best and that once he gets to experience you in person that his anxiety is relaxed it will be the begining of some kind of wonderful. (yes that is a tip to an 80's movie)

Have a great time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I was supposed to have a first date with a guy I really hit it off well with, but he cancelled at the last minute due to a cold. I'm still new to the whole dating thing in general, so while he did promise that we'll eventually meet up to where we were supposed to today, there's that gnawing doubt at the back of my mind, telling me that it's all a lie and that I'm not good enough anyway. And then I think he wouldn't like me anyway because I can be such a downer. Happy Sunday to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Aw, sweet_potato. I tend to get that feeling when dates cancel too. Truth is, one or two people who have done that really did never get back to me, but even when that happens, it's not the end of the world. Their loss! Not-good-enough feelings suck, I don't mean to invalidate that; just to say that even if he does bail again, you'll be okay and go on cool dates with other cool people. Promise!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Aw, thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:37 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

sweet_potato wrote:
I was supposed to have a first date with a guy I really hit it off well with, but he cancelled at the last minute due to a cold. I'm still new to the whole dating thing in general, so while he did promise that we'll eventually meet up to where we were supposed to today, there's that gnawing doubt at the back of my mind, telling me that it's all a lie and that I'm not good enough anyway. And then I think he wouldn't like me anyway because I can be such a downer. Happy Sunday to me.

if it counts for anything, I've had a forking horrible cold this week.. I was supposed to meet a dude this week about a (basically) dream job, but have held off until I'm feeling more human. I'd probably do the same for a date, too. so maaaaybe he's telling the truth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yeah, I'm thinking/hoping that's the case because he seems like a really decent guy, I'm just being stupid and allowing depression to spiral.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 am 

Grindr is terrifying.

Don't get into a sneaky hate spiral! He probably wants you to see him at his best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 pm 

I aaaaaaaaaalmost got a hookup today from a4a. I took too long deciding between messages where all the deets were going down and he ended up going offline. Boo. (It was probably for the better). I did send a naked pic of myself though! That's fun for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:59 pm 

I just got my first dickpic on grindr! I'm truly part of it now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 pm 

Was it a good one?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 pm 

Mars wrote:
Was it a good one?
If he wasn't 30 miles away, we'd be doing the no pants dance already.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm 

Awh yeah!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Someone from Scotland with a lovely fetish asked me to take a look at his profile and let him know what I think. Apparently he likes it when women take videos of themselves farting and then send it to him. Okaaayyyy.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm 

HEHEHE doooo eeeeet (and then post it here, too)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 239  Next