| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 234  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

j-dub wrote:
amandabear wrote:
Coffee date this afternoon. He was fun to talk to and cute enough but I don't know if there was any chemistry there. It's really way too difficult to find someone you want to talk to AND have sex with.

+ infinity yummy.

+infinity yummy to infinity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Fizzgig wrote:
j-dub wrote:
amandabear wrote:
Coffee date this afternoon. He was fun to talk to and cute enough but I don't know if there was any chemistry there. It's really way too difficult to find someone you want to talk to AND have sex with.

+ infinity yummy.

+infinity yummy to infinity

I wont add anymore infimity yummies but this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I wish it didn't need to my + infinity yummy-ed! Upside: it sucks for everyone. Downside: it sucks for... everyone.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

electric_claire- There's nothing where I live. I don't know anyone else who's genderqueer. I tried to start a drug-free/alcohol free queer group and it failed because people just wouldn't show up. I used to ask what pronouns people preferred as one of the entrance questions, and that confused all the cisgendered people. They never thought about gender identity before. So, I can't really build a community as I don't know anyone else who identifies the same. It's pretty unfortunate.

to bruteface - Thanks for the kind words. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm 
Member type 4

I just received a message from some beefy guy posing in front of his weights complete with a oh-too-small black muscle shirt.

No, no, no, no, nooooo....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 pm 
Hail Seitan!

jessfive wrote:
electric_claire- There's nothing where I live. I don't know anyone else who's genderqueer. I tried to start a drug-free/alcohol free queer group and it failed because people just wouldn't show up. I used to ask what pronouns people preferred as one of the entrance questions, and that confused all the cisgendered people. They never thought about gender identity before. So, I can't really build a community as I don't know anyone else who identifies the same. It's pretty unfortunate.

to bruteface - Thanks for the kind words. :)

That is unfortunate. You should, um, probably move to Chicago I guess. (Also fromyour description I would totally date you... but you would probably not be interested in me. Bummer!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am 
So Totally Yiffy

electric_claire - Haha. Not moving to Chicago. I visit there once about two years ago and really wasn't for me. Now, maybe if I could get an island for cute queers... that would be awesome. :) We could live off of coconut milk and bananas. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

sooooooooo!
the crush didn't come to the party. but i went to a show after and he was there and we were introduced! squeal. my friend used to live with him and he gave me the low down. i think i may only crush on him due to the fact that he looks like the San Fran Frisco guy who gave me the slip.

my maybebaby dudeguy gave me a call today after i dunno 8 days of no contact? well maybe only 5... he's not the one for me. he's too lazy.

date tomorrow with vegan ex penpal. i want to see if i can get him to go to see this band neptune with me after we sup. we are going to go get soups at a vietnamese place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:34 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Not internet dating, but I feel at home in this thread...I just had a totally lovely 6 hour date where I cooked for her then we ate and then talked and talked and talked. And though we have a couple kind of major disagreements in point of view, I think that's okay, because she's open to my challenging her. Also, I made the first move! Which I do not and have not done. Plus, I broke my own rule of no kissing on the first date (first proper date, but we met last week and have been fbchatting all week). So! Good date! Quick but good kiss! And she's very forthright and I dig that.

Yay!

Oh, edited to add: first time kissing a girl, too!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

yay for everyone who is having good luck :)

and hugs for everyone who is having a crepe time with this whole dating deal.

I heard from the guy I was seeing last night...I haven't responded. His text was "hey, the weekend got away from me, and i need to stay in tonight. sorry" I'm thinking it is completely over. I think I may take a break from this whole dating thing...it just doesn't seem to be working for me right now. *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

amandabear wrote:

I had basically the same date yesterday. But we will probably hang out again, because I might like to be friends with her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm 
Mediocre Tart

j-dub wrote:
Not internet dating, but I feel at home in this thread...I just had a totally lovely 6 hour date where I cooked for her then we ate and then talked and talked and talked. And though we have a couple kind of major disagreements in point of view, I think that's okay, because she's open to my challenging her. Also, I made the first move! Which I do not and have not done. Plus, I broke my own rule of no kissing on the first date (first proper date, but we met last week and have been fbchatting all week). So! Good date! Quick but good kiss! And she's very forthright and I dig that.

Yay!

Oh, edited to add: first time kissing a girl, too!

Wait just a hot-damn minute there, lady... So you weren't saving yourself for me? Huff! Double-plus yay though! Wooo! <3

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

what should i wear?
right now i'm wearing a black skirt that has leopard print ruffle at the bottom.
and a really old converge hoodie.

we are going to soup and to a show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

j-dub wrote:
So! Good date! Quick but good kiss! And she's very forthright and I dig that.

Yay! I love forthright people. It makes things so much less confusing.

suzukibeane wrote:
amandabear wrote:

I had basically the same date yesterday. But we will probably hang out again, because I might like to be friends with her.

You're good at making the friends thing happen. I have never been able to make friends with a guy I liked but didn't want to date, assuming we first met on a date.

That sentence is awkward but you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I keep thinking about okc and then wussing out. I live an hour outside of Boston, and the dating pool from my area is... not one I want to jump into so much. So I've checked out vegan guys who live thousands of miles away, and that's it.

Do you guys pretty much only talk to people in your own area? I'm wondering how futile it might be to join and attempt meeting people who don't live near me. The potential seems high for funny / horrifying stories at least!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I only really talk to people close by, because I'm not interested in anything long-distance. It's always worth a shot, though! Especially if you think you might be open to moving eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:31 pm 
Cranky

Amy wrote:
I live an hour outside of Boston, and the dating pool from my area is... not one I want to jump into so much.

An hour is not very far away. I live in Everett near the orange line, and it still takes me nearly an hour to get anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 pm 

Dr. Apricot wrote:
An hour is not very far away. I live in Everett near the orange line, and it still takes me nearly an hour to get anywhere.

Yeah, that's true. I have a friend who lives in Somerville and sometimes when I meet her in Boston it takes us the same amount of time to get there. I just feel so isolated down here! And I wasn't sure if people would consider it an annoying distance, like, "Meh, she lives too far away. PASS." I guess I'll just have to try though!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Dr. Apricot wrote:

It really depends. To me, an hour would be too far. But to me, seriously, like 30 minutes is too far. If I have to drive to get to you, that's too far. But I also realize that limits my options. It's a trade-off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 pm 

I dated someone who lived a half-hour away, and it was annoying. But he didn't have a car and I was always the one driving too.

Eh, I'll give it a go. Once I work up the nerve. In a couple months maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, you should totally go for it! I don't think it's that big of a deal for most people, given the amount of messages I get from guys who are a considerable distance from me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

jessfive wrote:

So, about me: I'm very very queer. Female-bodied genderqueer butch. Female-bodied thing isn't changing but I don't identify as male or female. Lesbians don't want to date me because I don't identify as a "woman" - I identify as something completely outside the gender binary.

Hmmm, does androgyny count? I did get "sirred" yesterday! But the guy noticed his so called social faux pas and changed quickly and apologized and of course I just laughed, its been too long since I've been "sirred."

But anyway, part of the lesbian issue is turned around the other way! I mean, usually I'd go for other lesbians or bisexual women but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to someone genderqueer. I dunno about someone who ids as male, but genderqueer would be fine to me. However, I've known many transguys who do NOT like lesbians being interested in them and call 'em "tranny chasers" so I've mostly stopped paying attention if its going to be pegged that way.

Sounds like you might not be into that kinda name calling though, so that's good.

ps- well hellz sounds like you should talk to choirqueer! 'course I dunno where ze is at right now

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:23 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

OkCupid surprised me with this today. I laughed:

MrBroom is my boyfriend, Adam.

Also, OkCupid knows we're together because we told them.

Way to be on the ball, y'all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

lycophyte wrote:
Hmmm, does androgyny count? I did get "sirred" yesterday! But the guy noticed his so called social faux pas and changed quickly and apologized and of course I just laughed, its been too long since I've been "sirred."

But anyway, part of the lesbian issue is turned around the other way! I mean, usually I'd go for other lesbians or bisexual women but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to someone genderqueer. I dunno about someone who ids as male, but genderqueer would be fine to me. However, I've known many transguys who do NOT like lesbians being interested in them and call 'em "tranny chasers" so I've mostly stopped paying attention if its going to be pegged that way.

Sounds like you might not be into that kinda name calling though, so that's good.

ps- well hellz sounds like you should talk to choirqueer! 'course I dunno where ze is at right now

I've talked to choirqueer! We sometimes chat on AIM. Ze a good person. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm...here! In the internet!

I'm living near Philly now, which is not near SoCal.

Nobody ever wants to date me. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 234  Next