| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Son of Seitan wrote:
I joined OKC after splitting up with my GF in Portland (who forking sucks and who I just finally told off for all her crazy bullshiitake). My experiences so far have been ...interesting. I think I met a couple good friends who I'd never have met who are into the same movies and music I'm into. So I guess this whole online world works in some way or another. It's a cold lonely existence, and while getting laid is great and all, finding someone to cuddle up with to watch an obscenely disgusting horror movies is even more great.

Uuuuh, what?! Sorry about your break up. I guess making connections with people is always good. Soldier on!

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

monkeytoes wrote:
I was on match for a sum total of less than two months. I liked it just fine and only stopped using it because I met my sweetie (on match.) I haven't used any other online dating, though, so I can't compare. There were tons of people in my age range and area but some others here have complained that the match pickings were slim for them, so your mileage may vary.

It's great that it worked for you! I'll probably sign up this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Paloma wrote:
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

Yeesh. Dodged a bullet there!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

He didn't want to make the committment for coffee?! Holy crepe.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 am 

He suggested taking a walk together. (So he could physically run off at the first sight of crazy, I guess.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

http://blog.jess3.com/2013/02/creepy-cu ... tines.html

Like a disobedient avocado!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

Paloma wrote:

I'd get all competitive and say, "I'll know within NINE seconds!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ugh wow I just had the single most ho-hum OKC date-like thing in my life. It wasn't that anything in particular was bad or anything, we just kept running out of things to talk about so it was like an hour and a half of halting small talk. I feel bad because he seems like a perfectly nice guy and all but oh my god it was awkwarrrrrd.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

seitanicverses wrote:
Paloma wrote:

Name that tune!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Paloma wrote:
He suggested taking a walk together. (So he could physically run off at the first sight of crazy, I guess.)

I would rank walk>coffee for intimacy.

And what did he mean by the 10 second thing? That amount of time is meaningless in online interactions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm 
WELFARIST!

pandacookie wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Paloma wrote:

Name that tune!

I was totally thinking of that show that when I posted that.

I was always blown away and I mean BLOWN AWAY by the folks who could name that tune in one note. One note! It could be any song! That's like identifying a book with one word. What if the word is "the"? What if the note is "C"? Some folks are really good at things! (as footie says).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

chouettes crêpes wrote:

yeah, one of the things i resent about the online dating thing is how easy (and almost expected/ acceptable?) it is for someone to drop off the face of the earth.

Seriously! I had so many people do that to me, one guy immediately after taking me away for the weekend and telling me "I feel so lucky I found you." Good thing I didn't believe him! Seriously, though, the chump couldn't understand why people read books. Not a huge loss.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

yeah, one of the things i resent about the online dating thing is how easy (and almost expected/ acceptable?) it is for someone to drop off the face of the earth.

Seriously! I had so many people do that to me, one guy immediately after taking me away for the weekend and telling me "I feel so lucky I found you." Good thing I didn't believe him! Seriously, though, the chump couldn't understand why people read books. Not a huge loss.

Remember what John Waters said about that...

I used to think it was because the relationships didn't have the social ties that often occur- common friends, work, etc. but then I had it happen to a friend who met someone in real life and was dumped like that. Then the guy showed up at a party with his new girlfriend...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 am 

Yesterday was my third date with this amazing Irish bloke. Crushing so hard.

I felt like crepe all day yesterday due to having slept way too little. I was insanely moody to everyone around me, but the second I saw him, the dark mood was gone. I feel so insanely comfortable around him. We had Surinam food for dinner and then I took him to see a play at the theatre where I work. Furthermore, he has copper coloured hair, freckles on his eyelids and he is as much into cuddling as I am. <3 Being around him is like emerging myself into a warm bath.

This Sunday we get to hang out for a whole day without having to get up to go to work. Looking forward to it so much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

So I got a message from a girl 600 km away, with super hot pictures, who in her profile indicated she's straight and looking for straight guys only (I'm a straight girl), asking if I had been on the site long and saying she's feeling unsure.
So I answered and we started chatting, at first I thought she was really just looking for advice and sharing of info, but the more we chatted the more she was asking sexual-related questions and the more I think about it the more I am conviced it's a guy who is pretending to be a girl just to get intimate answers. I wouldn't have answered or even engaged in the conversation if it had been a guy, but I was feeling like I could help a girl be happy and use the site properly so why not.
We searched her pics online but didn't find them, so either she's real, or it's a guy who stole his sister's pictures or somehting like that.
Weird.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Paloma wrote:
Yesterday was my third date with this amazing Irish bloke. Crushing so hard.

I felt like crepe all day yesterday due to having slept way too little. I was insanely moody to everyone around me, but the second I saw him, the dark mood was gone. I feel so insanely comfortable around him. We had Surinam food for dinner and then I took him to see a play at the theatre where I work. Furthermore, he has copper coloured hair, freckles on his eyelids and he is as much into cuddling as I am. <3 Being around him is like emerging myself into a warm bath.

This Sunday we get to hang out for a whole day without having to get up to go to work. Looking forward to it so much.

aww this is wonderful! yay for happy crushy times!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Eee! Going on a date in 45 minutes with a cute guy. I'm all about brief interactions online, not dragging it out and just getting to meet in person to see if there's anything going on, which he seems on the same page about (because we only started talking yesterday). He's a fellow nerd who likes physical fitness stuff so I have hopes of at least having passable conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm 

Huzzah! Good luck and have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 pm 

Also, I would just like to add... I still have my OkC profile because sometimes friends who are on the prowl will link me to profiles of potentials and ask my opinion. It is empty except for in the blurb, I mention that I'm happily in a relationship but I am checking out people that my friends might want to date, so if you see me in your visitors, you should be excited because it means one of my rad friends is interested in you!

However, this means I still get emails about quiver and sporadically when someone is checking me out.

This morning, I got an email that "Mars" was checking me out and I was all "OH MY GOD REALLY I HAVE A SHOT WITH MARS?! INTERNET YES PLEASE" but then I looked at the picture and it was not Mars and my heart broke. He was not nearly as foxy as our Mars. I will not accept disappointing, off-brand Marses!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Good luck lp!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

DarthCupcake wrote:
Also, I would just like to add... I still have my OkC profile because sometimes friends who are on the prowl will link me to profiles of potentials and ask my opinion. It is empty except for in the blurb, I mention that I'm happily in a relationship but I am checking out people that my friends might want to date, so if you see me in your visitors, you should be excited because it means one of my rad friends is interested in you!

However, this means I still get emails about quiver and sporadically when someone is checking me out.

This morning, I got an email that "Mars" was checking me out and I was all "OH MY GOD REALLY I HAVE A SHOT WITH MARS?! INTERNET YES PLEASE" but then I looked at the picture and it was not Mars and my heart broke. He was not nearly as foxy as our Mars. I will not accept disappointing, off-brand Marses!

hehehehe. Awh man yeah I wasn't quick enough to the Mars punch on that site.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

DC, that is awesome.

The date last night was one of the longest first dates I've ever had (if you don't count my ex who i met on my thru-hike, so we spent days never very far apart. almost four hours! We had dinner and then walked around and then tea & hot chocolate-pet peeve why do certain places make it so they can't make vegan hot chocolate. Whyyyyyy?

Anyways, he's pretty cool, we pop-culture referenced a bit but the conversation wound all over the place!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Yay LP! That sounds like a pretty swell date.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:48 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Is it lame that the number of likely vegan singles is a large part of my consideration for where I try to move to after I graduate from professional school next year? Though, I have managed a few dates since singlehood started a few months ago, so there's that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 245  Next