| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 245  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:04 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 pm
Posts: 524
Son of Seitan wrote:
I joined OKC after splitting up with my GF in Portland (who forking sucks and who I just finally told off for all her crazy bullshiitake). My experiences so far have been ...interesting. I think I met a couple good friends who I'd never have met who are into the same movies and music I'm into. So I guess this whole online world works in some way or another. It's a cold lonely existence, and while getting laid is great and all, finding someone to cuddle up with to watch an obscenely disgusting horror movies is even more great.


Uuuuh, what?! Sorry about your break up. I guess making connections with people is always good. Soldier on!

_________________
I obliged the shiitake out of her!
- lixa
I miss my bag o' dicks
-alice1drland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 47
monkeytoes wrote:
I was on match for a sum total of less than two months. I liked it just fine and only stopped using it because I met my sweetie (on match.) I haven't used any other online dating, though, so I can't compare. There were tons of people in my age range and area but some others here have complained that the match pickings were slim for them, so your mileage may vary.


It's great that it worked for you! I'll probably sign up this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
Paloma wrote:
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

Yeesh. Dodged a bullet there!

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2988
He didn't want to make the committment for coffee?! Holy crepe.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


"forking vegans" ~~linanil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
He suggested taking a walk together. (So he could physically run off at the first sight of crazy, I guess.)

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
http://blog.jess3.com/2013/02/creepy-cu ... tines.html

Like a disobedient avocado!

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5272
Paloma wrote:
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

I'd get all competitive and say, "I'll know within NINE seconds!"

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Ugh wow I just had the single most ho-hum OKC date-like thing in my life. It wasn't that anything in particular was bad or anything, we just kept running out of things to talk about so it was like an hour and a half of halting small talk. I feel bad because he seems like a perfectly nice guy and all but oh my god it was awkwarrrrrd.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7384
Location: bindlestiff
seitanicverses wrote:
Paloma wrote:
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

I'd get all competitive and say, "I'll know within NINE seconds!"

Name that tune!

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 am
Posts: 114
Location: Regina, Sk.
Paloma wrote:
He suggested taking a walk together. (So he could physically run off at the first sight of crazy, I guess.)

I would rank walk>coffee for intimacy.

And what did he mean by the 10 second thing? That amount of time is meaningless in online interactions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5272
pandacookie wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Paloma wrote:
I got to maybe meeting this bloke, because he seemed nice. I suggested us getting a coffee one of these days, which he refused because he "knows within 10 sec. whether it'll be worth it" and didn't want to make the commitment. Yep.

I'd get all competitive and say, "I'll know within NINE seconds!"

Name that tune!

I was totally thinking of that show that when I posted that.

I was always blown away and I mean BLOWN AWAY by the folks who could name that tune in one note. One note! It could be any song! That's like identifying a book with one word. What if the word is "the"? What if the note is "C"? Some folks are really good at things! (as footie says).

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm 
Offline
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4357
Location: Smugville, CA
chouettes crêpes wrote:

yeah, one of the things i resent about the online dating thing is how easy (and almost expected/ acceptable?) it is for someone to drop off the face of the earth.


Seriously! I had so many people do that to me, one guy immediately after taking me away for the weekend and telling me "I feel so lucky I found you." Good thing I didn't believe him! Seriously, though, the chump couldn't understand why people read books. Not a huge loss.

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: It's hot. All the time.
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

yeah, one of the things i resent about the online dating thing is how easy (and almost expected/ acceptable?) it is for someone to drop off the face of the earth.


Seriously! I had so many people do that to me, one guy immediately after taking me away for the weekend and telling me "I feel so lucky I found you." Good thing I didn't believe him! Seriously, though, the chump couldn't understand why people read books. Not a huge loss.


Remember what John Waters said about that...

I used to think it was because the relationships didn't have the social ties that often occur- common friends, work, etc. but then I had it happen to a friend who met someone in real life and was dumped like that. Then the guy showed up at a party with his new girlfriend...

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
Yesterday was my third date with this amazing Irish bloke. Crushing so hard.

I felt like crepe all day yesterday due to having slept way too little. I was insanely moody to everyone around me, but the second I saw him, the dark mood was gone. I feel so insanely comfortable around him. We had Surinam food for dinner and then I took him to see a play at the theatre where I work. Furthermore, he has copper coloured hair, freckles on his eyelids and he is as much into cuddling as I am. <3 Being around him is like emerging myself into a warm bath.

This Sunday we get to hang out for a whole day without having to get up to go to work. Looking forward to it so much.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 am 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2154
Location: Munich, finally!
So I got a message from a girl 600 km away, with super hot pictures, who in her profile indicated she's straight and looking for straight guys only (I'm a straight girl), asking if I had been on the site long and saying she's feeling unsure.
So I answered and we started chatting, at first I thought she was really just looking for advice and sharing of info, but the more we chatted the more she was asking sexual-related questions and the more I think about it the more I am conviced it's a guy who is pretending to be a girl just to get intimate answers. I wouldn't have answered or even engaged in the conversation if it had been a guy, but I was feeling like I could help a girl be happy and use the site properly so why not.
We searched her pics online but didn't find them, so either she's real, or it's a guy who stole his sister's pictures or somehting like that.
Weird.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: PORTLAND!
Paloma wrote:
Yesterday was my third date with this amazing Irish bloke. Crushing so hard.

I felt like crepe all day yesterday due to having slept way too little. I was insanely moody to everyone around me, but the second I saw him, the dark mood was gone. I feel so insanely comfortable around him. We had Surinam food for dinner and then I took him to see a play at the theatre where I work. Furthermore, he has copper coloured hair, freckles on his eyelids and he is as much into cuddling as I am. <3 Being around him is like emerging myself into a warm bath.

This Sunday we get to hang out for a whole day without having to get up to go to work. Looking forward to it so much.

aww this is wonderful! yay for happy crushy times!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2329
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
Eee! Going on a date in 45 minutes with a cute guy. I'm all about brief interactions online, not dragging it out and just getting to meet in person to see if there's anything going on, which he seems on the same page about (because we only started talking yesterday). He's a fellow nerd who likes physical fitness stuff so I have hopes of at least having passable conversation.

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Huzzah! Good luck and have fun!

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Also, I would just like to add... I still have my OkC profile because sometimes friends who are on the prowl will link me to profiles of potentials and ask my opinion. It is empty except for in the blurb, I mention that I'm happily in a relationship but I am checking out people that my friends might want to date, so if you see me in your visitors, you should be excited because it means one of my rad friends is interested in you!

However, this means I still get emails about quiver and sporadically when someone is checking me out.

This morning, I got an email that "Mars" was checking me out and I was all "OH MY GOD REALLY I HAVE A SHOT WITH MARS?! INTERNET YES PLEASE" but then I looked at the picture and it was not Mars and my heart broke. He was not nearly as foxy as our Mars. I will not accept disappointing, off-brand Marses!

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Norristown, PA
Good luck lp!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7736
Location: Portland, OR
DarthCupcake wrote:
Also, I would just like to add... I still have my OkC profile because sometimes friends who are on the prowl will link me to profiles of potentials and ask my opinion. It is empty except for in the blurb, I mention that I'm happily in a relationship but I am checking out people that my friends might want to date, so if you see me in your visitors, you should be excited because it means one of my rad friends is interested in you!

However, this means I still get emails about quiver and sporadically when someone is checking me out.

This morning, I got an email that "Mars" was checking me out and I was all "OH MY GOD REALLY I HAVE A SHOT WITH MARS?! INTERNET YES PLEASE" but then I looked at the picture and it was not Mars and my heart broke. He was not nearly as foxy as our Mars. I will not accept disappointing, off-brand Marses!

hehehehe. Awh man yeah I wasn't quick enough to the Mars punch on that site.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2329
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
DC, that is awesome.

The date last night was one of the longest first dates I've ever had (if you don't count my ex who i met on my thru-hike, so we spent days never very far apart. almost four hours! We had dinner and then walked around and then tea & hot chocolate-pet peeve why do certain places make it so they can't make vegan hot chocolate. Whyyyyyy?

Anyways, he's pretty cool, we pop-culture referenced a bit but the conversation wound all over the place!

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Yay LP! That sounds like a pretty swell date.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 153
Location: New York, New York
Is it lame that the number of likely vegan singles is a large part of my consideration for where I try to move to after I graduate from professional school next year? Though, I have managed a few dates since singlehood started a few months ago, so there's that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 245  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fleurdenoir, GreenDuck, masuphl, theveganvagabond and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer