| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

So last night, a guy hit me up for a JOB. Not cool, man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:51 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

what like a job job? or is JOB an acronym?

I am confused. (get off my lawn!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:53 pm 

A job. Employment. My profile says I work for a nice little ethical company, and he messaged me asking if I was hiring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:38 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So I asked this one dude from Grindr out for drinks for Wednesday, he seemed pretty compatible and attractive in kind of a goofy way which I like, but since we exchanged phone numbers he's been texting me SO MUCH. We haven't even met yet! I'm cool with frequent texting when I'm sufficiently crushing or good friends but... I have no idea if either of those are even possible yet!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mars wrote:
So I asked this one dude from Grindr out for drinks for Wednesday, he seemed pretty compatible and attractive in kind of a goofy way which I like, but since we exchanged phone numbers he's been texting me SO MUCH. We haven't even met yet! I'm cool with frequent texting when I'm sufficiently crushing or good friends but... I have no idea if either of those are even possible yet!

Ugh this bothers me too! I also like text conversations with people that I, like, know. But pre-meeting it really sketches me out. I kind of avoid giving my number until the last minute/after meeting for that reason, if it's possible.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm 

Well I kind of hate that Grindr app for receiving messages so it worked easier to share numbers. Such is life. But seriously, like, good mornings/goodnights/how's it going's/what are you up to's... Like pretty much every few hours! And I can only seem to stretch out the amount of time they are happening if I completely ignore them. But I don't want to be too jerky, because what if I like him?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

jennyg2207 wrote:
"I can't digest vegetables for medical reasons and so am a dreaded carnivore...."

I guess being full of shiitake technically is a medical condition...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:26 am 
Huffs Nooch

Let's try something new: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/AmorLibera

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:34 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

We have a high match! (I changed my account's name from previous with a paid acct- lover_n_a_phyter)

I like it! And I'm glad you just asked this because I just stupidly looked at my ex's profile, and yours made me glad to have something else good to look at. That is a problem with the paid acct. Noone knows you visited unless you let them know, which means I can ex stalk and I'm so dumb. She's still pretty much my best match for 100mile radius for match and life dreams. Bloody hell this one is too hard. Its been 3 months and I still cry some every day. Now more after the profile stalk, but I already was. Bleh.

eta- and its not like its just stalking the profile that makes me sad. I mean, everything fricking triggers me with this one. Oh, the moon? Yeah moon sucks because it makes me sad. Farmers Markets? I sure hope by next year I can go to Farmers markets and not be sad. Giving directions to her area 20 times a day at work? Makes me sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So I'm meeting someone tomorrow. He's a massive dork and I've already decided we're getting married. I've even decided I'm not going to be sexin' it up with him until at least the morning after the second date.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:32 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Ha! Awesome Gulliver! Good luck holding out!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:07 pm 
Huffs Nooch

lycophyte wrote:
We have a high match! (I changed my account's name from previous with a paid acct- lover_n_a_phyter)

I like it! And I'm glad you just asked this because I just stupidly looked at my ex's profile, and yours made me glad to have something else good to look at. That is a problem with the paid acct. Noone knows you visited unless you let them know, which means I can ex stalk and I'm so dumb. She's still pretty much my best match for 100mile radius for match and life dreams. Bloody hell this one is too hard. Its been 3 months and I still cry some every day. Now more after the profile stalk, but I already was. Bleh.

eta- and its not like its just stalking the profile that makes me sad. I mean, everything fricking triggers me with this one. Oh, the moon? Yeah moon sucks because it makes me sad. Farmers Markets? I sure hope by next year I can go to Farmers markets and not be sad. Giving directions to her area 20 times a day at work? Makes me sad.

Awesome that the first reply was from Asheville, it's on of my favorite places! :) We do seem to have a lot in common - hopefully that's a given with other vegans but of course this isnt always the case. Moving past previous relationship's is tough... At least you're in area with lots of like-minded folks! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:30 pm 

cascadianvegan wrote:

Thoughts?

It's a good profile! Your personality really shows through the weird form.

lycophyte wrote:
its not like its just stalking the profile that makes me sad. I mean, everything fricking triggers me with this one. Oh, the moon? Yeah moon sucks because it makes me sad. Farmers Markets? I sure hope by next year I can go to Farmers markets and not be sad. Giving directions to her area 20 times a day at work? Makes me sad.

I spent months dragging my heart over the ground after one particular ex. We briefly got back together and it sucked and totally destroyed all the romantic respect I had. I hope you can start to see the lighter side.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:00 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Yeah, I still think the biggest problem is/was the fact that she is a dump-and-runner. At least its not likely we would get back together without 12k heartfelt conversations. And I'm pretty sure when she shuts her heart off its super off. I don't really know but I've never had this little communication with an ex that wasn't an abusive ex.

Well, at least I didn't cry during my first post-breakup-intimate-experience this time? Because I got into some heavy petting. I cried first time I was with my ex because I wasn't ready after the previous ex. So, hey!

And I got a visitor on OKC from Azerbaijan. I think she lives in Portland as home base though. High match % but she isn't veg. Also, she lives in Azerbaijan for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

This guy I haven't spoken to in over a month just wrote, "So what's up Brittney?" My name is nowhere close to Brittney.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

sweet_potato wrote:
This guy I haven't spoken to in over a month just wrote, "So what's up Brittney?" My name is nowhere close to Brittney.

HAHAHA oops. :)

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 am 

cascadianvegan wrote:

Thoughts?

Cute! Though I feel like people aren't going to be into the thumbnail of just your eye. I think people definitely make quick snap judgments and I'm not sure a close up of your eye is the best thing to lead them in! The full shot from that same photo is quite handsome though, maybe zoom out a bit?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 am 

Mars wrote:
cascadianvegan wrote:

Thoughts?

Cute! Though I feel like people aren't going to be into the thumbnail of just your eye. I think people definitely make quick snap judgments and I'm not sure a close up of your eye is the best thing to lead them in! The full shot from that same photo is quite handsome though, maybe zoom out a bit?
Agreed. The whole idea of a profile is to provide a good first impression. I wouldn't reply to a giant eye.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:56 am 
Huffs Nooch

Thanks for the replies & critique! My thought had been to do something different with the photo & perhaps make folks curious to come have a look around my profile. I'll go ahead & change up the photo soon. Any feedback on the content of what I share? More specifically, is there anything you think a person would want to know that I may have missed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:50 am 

So, I need advice. I just went out with the guy who was texting too much. He was really nice, seems fun, and he's cute. Oh, and rich and has a home on the coast :O

Well, although in theory he seems like he'd be awesome, I just... didn't feel a spark of attraction on my end. He, erm, definitely did. He also pointed out that we had met before about a year ago (I kiiinda thought maybe I knew him from something) and that he was attracted to me then as well. This happens to me a lot when I try to date. But I actually initiated messaging him in the first place and the going out for drinks, too, so I don't feel like he's being creepy in saying this. I'm annoyed that I didn't feel super attracted to him because SO many things he talked about with himself were things very similar to the way I am or things I like to do. Hrmmmmmm. Conundrum. Also I really wound't mind a sugar daddy. :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

give it another shot to see if it's just a bad day?

the whole 'sugar daddy' thing seems so unfulfilling, but different strokes, etc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:53 am 

So my date went really, really well. He was so lovely. We were both kind of crushing and nervous, I think. We had a couple of drinks, got falafel, chatted, walked, got pizza and then kissed on a bridge.

SQUEEEEE!

Hopefully seeing him again this weekend and then every day ever forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:21 am 
Ninja Master

YAY Gulliver. So cute.

At this point I pretty much keep my OKC profile so I can send screenshots of the creepy messages I get to my friends. Like this cracker from this morning...

Quote:
Wow you stunning!! Fancy sum wild kinky sex?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 am 
Lime and a Coconut

You pretty! You too pretty for verbs! Me you dirtysleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 am 

joshua wrote:
the whole 'sugar daddy' thing seems so unfulfilling, but different strokes, etc

Ah I was just joking with that! Heh. I mean it's nice to have meals paid for but I'd actually feel super uncomfortable if there was too much more than that.

Yeah I'll definitely give him a second shot, uncomfortable though because I know next time he's going to make a move (it was mentioned) and normally I would be so a-okay with that, but this time I'm feeling super awkward about that idea. I've decided it's that I think I really have a type, and he's not quite it. I never really thought I had a type but now I see, I feel more comfortable when they're fairly rough around the edges, a bit aloof, little bit macho without being excessively. This guy's kinda soft, neat and tidy. Hmm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 241  Next