| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 238  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

What are some of your favorite first date/meeting up ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:26 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I am one of those people who does actually have a height preference. I'm pretty tall for a girl (5'8"-5'9"). As an adult I feel fairly average in height, but I got picked on about my height a LOT in school, so I have a bit of a complex about it. I like to feel un-tall when possible, so I choose partners who are at least my height or taller. Judge me if you want.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:50 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
Once I was in Paris with my ex and a policeman asked "why do all tall men like short women?" And I just said "we make their dicks look bigger."

You are my favorite person alive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

takecare wrote:
I am one of those people who does actually have a height preference. I'm pretty tall for a girl (5'8"-5'9"). As an adult I feel fairly average in height, but I got picked on about my height a LOT in school, so I have a bit of a complex about it. I like to feel un-tall when possible, so I choose partners who are at least my height or taller. Judge me if you want.

Same, I'm 5'10" and when asked on the website about my height preference I said 5'9"+. I don't think height would prevent me from starting a relationship with someone, and if I met someone shorter in a social/work setting and grew to know them and like them that way it wouldn't be an issue. But I view dating websites a bit differently, so why not aim for my ideal. It certainly isn't a deal-breaker, but ideally I'd prefer someone close to my own height.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

thisheregiraffe wrote:

Is there a place to get a vegan ice cream cone where you live?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am 
Nailed to the V

thisheregiraffe wrote:

Arcade! Ground Kontrol has vegan root beer floats too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I like a casual first date. Get coffee or hang out in a park. If it sucks, you can leave sooner.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Although I have always been an open opportunity dater, as I get older I find my physical prefer eves involve really talk guys. I'm 5'1" (almost) my husband is 6'4" and I find most guys I "check out" are quite tall- I have one customer who is like 6'7" and I can hardly form complete sentences when he's there. I have figured out that I just like feeling super tiny.

But that said, I would never make it a requirement to date someone!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm 

Today's winner: just got a message on OKC that said "If really love to fucku". That was it, that was the whole message.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm 

^followed up an hour later with "Guess you are not interested". Yeah, guess not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 pm 
Semen Strong

It sounds like someone is attracting the botlove!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:29 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

choirqueer wrote:
Today's winner: just got a message on OKC that said "If really love to fucku". That was it, that was the whole message.

You should have asked "if...then?"

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

choirqueer wrote:

I don't know how you resisted!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:28 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Anyone have any recs for free sites, apart from OKCupid? I want to talk to people, but in a choice between paying for social communication, or jam and books, the latter wins.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:37 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Hazel wrote:
Anyone have any recs for free sites, apart from OKCupid? I want to talk to people, but in a choice between paying for social communication, or jam and books, the latter wins.

I think OkCupid is alright - is there a particular reason you want an alternative? Is Plenty of Fish free?

After being single for a year, I have a date this weekend! Eeek!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

jennyc wrote:
Hazel wrote:

I think OkCupid is alright - is there a particular reason you want an alternative? Is Plenty of Fish free?

After being single for a year, I have a date this weekend! Eeek!

I was on it a long time ago, and didn't get a great impression. Perhaps time to try again!

And yay you - have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:47 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Hazel wrote:
dropscone wrote:
Hazel wrote:
Hum.

I'm not very good at meeting people, and I'd like to expand my friends/possibly more so I joined a site for free. Got a lovely message from a vegan in my nearest city, started to exchange messages, and then of course the site says I have to subscribe to continue. Even a month's subscription is a chunk of money for me, and I don't really want the site on my debit card bill (my family on occasion reads them :P). I'm kknd of dorky, so I don't think the person would be interested in me *that way* but it would be nice to have a vegan friend. Go for it or not?

If you're anywhere near Leicester I will happily meet you for lunch or coffee, if that's any use to you? I'm in a relationship, but I don't go out much these days, and I used to enjoy meeting new people. Or, how about we organise a Midlands meetup?

That is so sweet! Sadly I'm in the Nottingham area and I'm iffy on driving so it would be a bit difficult, but I think a PPK Midlands meet-up sounds like an awesome idea. How would we organise one?

I've put a thread in the UK and Ireland forum tentatively suggesting a meetup at Loughborough's new vegan café, maybe in January? How's Loughborough for you? Or I would be up for a return to Alley Cafe or Annie's Burger shack, or anywhere I haven't tried in Nottingham. Start a thread for somewhere you would like to go if you don't fancy Obsidian.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:09 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Okay so I haven't posted updates in a while because I haven't had much okc interaction. but I have to tell you all about this one. So after a week or two of chatting back and forth, he messages me yesterday and asks if I want to meet up later that night. YES. So we got tattoos. TATTOOS! Partially the best first date ever. Partially "what the hell am I doing getting an impulsive tattoo with some guy I just met?!" (I got an avocado behind my ear and he got Rafiki from the lion king's stick on his calf) But anyway it went super well and he's really cute and asked me to hold his hand while he got his tattoo done and then after we parted ways he texted me and told me it didn't really hurt all that much, he just wanted to hold my hand and I. Am. SWOONING.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 pm 

This is totally adorable.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joyfulgirl wrote:
Okay so I haven't posted updates in a while because I haven't had much okc interaction. but I have to tell you all about this one. So after a week or two of chatting back and forth, he messages me yesterday and asks if I want to meet up later that night. YES. So we got tattoos. TATTOOS! Partially the best first date ever. Partially "what the hell am I doing getting an impulsive tattoo with some guy I just met?!" (I got an avocado behind my ear and he got Rafiki from the lion king's stick on his calf) But anyway it went super well and he's really cute and asked me to hold his hand while he got his tattoo done and then after we parted ways he texted me and told me it didn't really hurt all that much, he just wanted to hold my hand and I. Am. SWOONING.

That is adorable. And I applaud your commitment to avocado.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:14 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

You guysssss. I have seen this guy every day since our tattoo date. Hanging out with him is effortless and fun and he's adorable and I'm dying.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so happy for you joyful girl! You are so lovely and deserve only good things! Wishing you lots of happiness!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:09 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Tofulish wrote:
I am so happy for you joyful girl! You are so lovely and deserve only good things! Wishing you lots of happiness!

quoted for truth.

I hope you'll be happy with "tattoo dude".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:30 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Congrats joyful girl, that sounds like quite a first date!

My date last week went well (not quite the instant connection of joyful girl and tattoo guy, but good enough!), but he went home to another part of the country the next day for the holidays so we haven't seen each other since. However, we've made plans for a second date on Friday and I am stupidly excited!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:49 pm 

Oh dudes. I just got a message from a guy so incredibly gross and wrong for me that I am contemplating having my legs permanently clamped shut. How on earth could this dude think we could have anything in common? He is anti-choice, mocks feminists, idolizes Ronald Reagan, wants to create a Big Love style polygymist relationship, and thinks that "weird and creepy" are positive descriptors. Ugggh. I think I need to go take a shower in bleach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 238  Next