| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 224  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:57 pm 
Dead by dawn

Well, "weird" can definitely be a positive descriptor. In context. Without all that other gross stuff. Eew. *shudder*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:08 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

monkeytoes wrote:
Well, "weird" can definitely be a positive descriptor. In context. Without all that other gross stuff. Eew. *shudder*

Oh, sure. But not in the context he gave. It was something like "I hate it that people call me "weird and creepy" when really I'm interesting" or something to that effect. I honestly still feel so dirty from reading that.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:24 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I knew I said it wrong! forgive me, you're the only one for me.. we were made for each other :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I would Big Love with Mars and J-Dub, just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:49 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I am pretty good at being weird and creepy

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:46 am 

Mars wrote:
I am pretty good at being weird and creepy

Mars, you've got nothing on this guy! But maybe he'd teach you? If it fits into one of his stupid P words?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:12 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Haven't been active on okc in ages & all of a sudden I'm starting to get new messages - I wonder if they're computer-generated to get me to revisit their site/be active again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:50 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

buttercup wrote:
Do sparks EVER happen on first dates?

I've only ever had two kinds of first dates:
1) The worry-all-night-about-him-kissing-me kind of date. I suppose this is the very obvious non-sparkly date.
2) The "perfectly fine" date.

Maybe I've just never had a sparkly date. But I think that maybe I'm too nervous on a first date to be feeling any sparks anyway? OR maybe one day I'm going to be like WHOA SPARKLY DATE! and then I'll truly know.

You guys, I finally went on a sparkly date. I just thought you should know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

buttercup wrote:
buttercup wrote:

1) The worry-all-night-about-him-kissing-me kind of date. I suppose this is the very obvious non-sparkly date.

Maybe I've just never had a sparkly date. But I think that maybe I'm too nervous on a first date to be feeling any sparks anyway? OR maybe one day I'm going to be like WHOA SPARKLY DATE! and then I'll truly know.

Yay!!!! Tell me more! Let me live vicariously through you!
(things are somewhat fizzling out between me and tattoo guy)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm 

There is nothing so eye-opening/depressing as looking at the profile of a person you might look then clicking over to the "unacceptable" answers...so many racists!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

buttercup wrote:
buttercup wrote:

Your date's name isn't Edward, I hope?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've mostly been neglecting my OKC account but recently started messaging a few guys, and I'm going out to dinner with one of them tomorrow night. He seems cool, we have a lot of common interests, and he's cute (at least in the profile pictures). . . keep your fingers crossed for me, PPK! He offered to pick me up, which is nice, but now I have to make the house look presentable-ish (I highly doubt he cares, but I do), AND there's the whole question of whether or not to Invite Him In, ahem, after dinner. I guess that depends on how sparkly the date is.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 am 

lilyyw wrote:
I've mostly been neglecting my OKC account but recently started messaging a few guys, and I'm going out to dinner with one of them tomorrow night. He seems cool, we have a lot of common interests, and he's cute (at least in the profile pictures). . . keep your fingers crossed for me, PPK! He offered to pick me up, which is nice, but now I have to make the house look presentable-ish (I highly doubt he cares, but I do), AND there's the whole question of whether or not to Invite Him In, ahem, after dinner. I guess that depends on how sparkly the date is.

Obviously you should do whatever you feel comfortable with, but personally I wouldn't want someone I'd never met knowing where I live nor being my only means to leave if the date goes sideways.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:12 am 
Semen Strong

Yes, I am with j-dub on that. I would meet at a public place, with my own way to leave when I was ready.

I was raped at 17 because the guy who picked me up (for our third date) convinced me to get into his car - then he locked the doors, drove really fast to a bad area of town and then raped me. Not saying that would happen here, but its better to be safe than sorry.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

A couple weeks ago I added this thing to the top of my profile that basically said that if we had less than an 80% match I probably wouldn't return a message-- hoping it would cut down on the 5+ messages a day I was getting from dudes I had a 7% match with. It really seemed to be working, and I was so happy!....then I realized that my inbox was full and okc simply wasn't allowing me to receive more messages. I cleaned it out, and now I'm back to 5+ messages a day from 7% matches, except now it's more annoying because I know for sure that they didn't read my profile.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
Yes, I am with j-dub on that. I would meet at a public place, with my own way to leave when I was ready.

I was raped at 17 because the guy who picked me up (for our third date) convinced me to get into his car - then he locked the doors, drove really fast to a bad area of town and then raped me. Not saying that would happen here, but its better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks, T'lish and J-Dub. . . the possibility of something bad happened also crossed my mind. My roommate/friend is going to meet him too when he comes, and she knows where we're going. Maybe I am too trusting and not playing it safely enough but in my gut I'm not sketched out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:51 pm 
Ninja Master

I always meet them at the pub/coffee shop etc, that way you can leave on your terms and it's safer!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It was fine (I'm not trying to make light of y'all's concern, it's a legitimate worry with online dating). . . we had avocado rolls, played ping-pong and drank cider, and made out on my porch. It wasn't glaringly sparkly but I had fun, and we made tentative plans to hang out tomorrow or Thursday.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:13 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

joyfulgirl wrote:
buttercup wrote:
buttercup wrote:

Yay!!!! Tell me more! Let me live vicariously through you!
(things are somewhat fizzling out between me and tattoo guy)

Hehehe. We met three months ago. Went out for pizza, and then walked to a park and talked for a while. It all felt so natural. He's incredibly smart and charming and funny and just...the sweetest dude. We only see each other about once a week, but it's always so nice. I'm not really sure where this is going, but I'm enjoying whatever it is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
Ninja Master

I just went on my first good date in as long as i can remember. I actually want to see him again so i was glad when he said he did too!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

buttercup wrote:
Hehehe. We met three months ago. Went out for pizza, and then walked to a park and talked for a while. It all felt so natural. He's incredibly smart and charming and funny and just...the sweetest dude. We only see each other about once a week, but it's always so nice. I'm not really sure where this is going, but I'm enjoying whatever it is.

OOPS I guess he thought it was going nowhere, as he broke it off tonight. But at least now I know what a sparkly date is! I'm capable of liking people! I'm human! And I'm so. incredibly. sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:06 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

buttercup wrote:
But at least now I know what a sparkly date is! I'm capable of liking people! I'm human! And I'm so. incredibly. sad.

Ugggghhhhhhhhh what a jerk-butt!

(Even if he's not, and it was meant to be or what-have-you)

A Poopy-Jerk-Butt!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks, Mars. I highly dislike this internet dating thing. My first day back on OKC and I've received DOZENS of CREEPY AS HELL messages. Now I remember how exhausting this is.

Sadness abounds. I'm off to make a list of things I didn't like about him. It's not going to be very long, but it'll help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 am 
Huffs Nooch

lavawitch wrote:
buttercup wrote:
Your date's name isn't Edward, I hope?

I wish I could say that I didn't understand the reference you made. But I did. And I chuckled.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

buttercup wrote:
Thanks, Mars. I highly dislike this internet dating thing. My first day back on OKC and I've received DOZENS of CREEPY AS HELL messages. Now I remember how exhausting this is.

Sadness abounds. I'm off to make a list of things I didn't like about him. It's not going to be very long, but it'll help.

Aww, hang in there! I've had my heart lightly trod upon (as opposed to broken) by several OKC jerks, and I definitely know those moments where you're seeing the same two dozen profiles over and over again and thinking OH GOD THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE. But you never know when someone totally awesome and perfect for you finds themselves single, or moves to town from somewhere else, or screws up the nerve to finally publish a dating profile!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 5590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 224  Next