| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Reply back asking for the magic word!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

choirqueer wrote:
Oh look, I have a message already! It...just says "yes". That's the whole message. Just the word "yes". This person identifies themself as a straight male. Yes what??

I got a message this morning that just said "lol". Not exactly the reaction I was hoping my profile would inspire...but okay?

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have an okc ice cream date tonight (with a dude, who apparently dies like ice cream.) He seems overall solid, like we'll probably have fun, although not as magically goose bumpy as my last okc date. Honestly, from his messages I worry he might be a bit to earnest to be really comparable. I'm a bit of a cynic, my humor is somewhat biting, but I think that comes across on my profile, so I guess that might not bother him?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 am 
Inflexitarian

JillW wrote:

Meanwhile! Last night met the cutest most friendly poly guy. There was smooches! And we're getting together again Sunday.

^^ sleep over date! yummy x 3!

Good luck Olives, let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 pm 

I think you'll all enjoy this message I just got:

"So I messaged you just to chat but I'm kind of concerned. I mean, we could hit it off really well, end up having a few drinks, next thing you know you're giving me your number because I'm too shy to ask for it, I finally get up the nerve to call and we take in a movie, have some dinner, I relax, you relax, we go out a few more times, get to know each other's friends, spend a lot of time together, then finally get past this sexual tension and really develop this intense sex life that is truly incredible, decide our relationship is solid and stable, so we move in together for a while, then a few months later get married, I get a promotion, you get a promotion, we buy a bigger house. You really want kids, but I really want freedom, but we have a kid anyway, only to find that I am resentful, the sparks start to fade and to rekindle them we have two more lovely kids, but now I work too much to keep up with the bills, have no time for you, you're stressed and stop taking really good care of yourself, so to get past our slow sex life and my declining self-confidence I turn to an outside affair for sexual gratification. You find out because I'm careless and a lousy liar, you throw me out (justifiably so) and we have to explain to the kids why mommy and daddy are splitting up. That's just too sad. Think about the children. For God's sake, if you chat with me and we hit it off, let's just keep it sexual, because we both know where it's going."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm 

takecare wrote:

"So I messaged you just to chat but I'm kind of concerned. I mean, we could hit it off really well, end up having a few drinks, next thing you know you're giving me your number because I'm too shy to ask for it, I finally get up the nerve to call and we take in a movie, have some dinner, I relax, you relax, we go out a few more times, get to know each other's friends, spend a lot of time together, then finally get past this sexual tension and really develop this intense sex life that is truly incredible, decide our relationship is solid and stable, so we move in together for a while, then a few months later get married, I get a promotion, you get a promotion, we buy a bigger house. You really want kids, but I really want freedom, but we have a kid anyway, only to find that I am resentful, the sparks start to fade and to rekindle them we have two more lovely kids, but now I work too much to keep up with the bills, have no time for you, you're stressed and stop taking really good care of yourself, so to get past our slow sex life and my declining self-confidence I turn to an outside affair for sexual gratification. You find out because I'm careless and a lousy liar, you throw me out (justifiably so) and we have to explain to the kids why mommy and daddy are splitting up. That's just too sad. Think about the children. For God's sake, if you chat with me and we hit it off, let's just keep it sexual, because we both know where it's going."

I just read this out loud to my roommate because it's so awful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

takecare wrote:

I actually find this really funny! I'd answer to this with a witty message.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:40 am 
Saggy Butt

Holy crepe.

Posts/attitudes like that are one of the reasons I quit online dating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 am 
Saggy Butt

Holy crepe.

Posts/attitudes like that are one reason I will probably never go back to trying online dating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:45 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It was a pretty blah date. No chemistry. We had nothing substantial in common. And then he apologized for being a bad date at the end of the night, which made me feel awful, because I was trying to be friendly and engaging while not sending any sort of signals that I was interested.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:39 am 

Anek wrote:
takecare wrote:

It's one of those things that *maybe* could have been funny and witty-response-worthy if anything about his profile stood out as something we had in common and/or he was physically attractive to me. Instead it just leaves me hoping that he cut n pasted that message to a bunch of girls instead of spending 10 minutes typing it out so it'll sting less when I don't respond.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

i have to admit I actually laughed out loud.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I absolutely laughed out loud!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:40 pm 

I would never find it charming ever! If someone is looking for casual sex or casual dating on OkCupid (which I suspect the majority of people are, or at least that's certainly what I assume unless people specifically say otherwise) then just...say that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:34 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I assume none of that was meant to be taken seriously. I think it's kind of funny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:02 pm 
Tofu Pup

takecare wrote:
Anek wrote:
takecare wrote:

It's one of those things that *maybe* could have been funny and witty-response-worthy if anything about his profile stood out as something we had in common and/or he was physically attractive to me. Instead it just leaves me hoping that he cut n pasted that message to a bunch of girls instead of spending 10 minutes typing it out so it'll sting less when I don't respond.

Not only did he (probably) copy/paste that to a bunch of folks... he also (most likely) didn't even come up with it. That's a copypasta that's been making the rounds for a few years, sadly. Google the first sentence in quotes, you'll see people talking about it on forums for a few years. People can be so lame.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I thought it was funny and I laughed, but in the same way that I thought CQ's message of "yes" was funny. It's makes me laugh because of all the wtfs in my head as I read it. I wouldn't answer. At least not in a positive way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 pm 

rabscuttle13 wrote:
takecare wrote:

Not only did he (probably) copy/paste that to a bunch of folks... he also (most likely) didn't even come up with it. That's a copypasta that's been making the rounds for a few years, sadly. Google the first sentence in quotes, you'll see people talking about it on forums for a few years. People can be so lame.

Oh. My. Goodness. This being a mass copy-paste thing makes it simultaneously so much better and so much worse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:42 pm 

I spent the day with a sweet, adorable vegan from out of town that I met on okcupid! We've been talking every day for a few weeks, but due to work schedules it didn't seem like we'd be able to hang out until June, but yesterday we discovered an opening for today and took advantage of it. We ate brunch and drank coffee and walked around town and it was totally lovely.

I'm still a little unclear about whether we hung out as buddies or crushes because he's really shy and awkward and hard to figure out... but either way, it was great and I'm excited to know him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:41 am 
Ninja Master

I had a date friday night with a guy from okc. We were chatting and tgen he asked if I fancied going for a spontaneous drink. I didnt hold out much hope so didn't even bother to brush my hair or make an effort.

But it was great. We Laughed a lot and have been texting ever since. We're going out for dinner tonight. I might even brush my hair!! Haha

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Awww baps, that's great! Sponatenous dates are fun!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:43 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Yay baps! How fun!

I have an OKC "date" on Tuesday. I'm just visiting Seattle for a while so it's not a real date with potential to continue. It's just something to do to keep myself busy while my friends are at work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:56 pm 
Inflexitarian

Dates on the road sound fun, who knows what adventure might follow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 pm 
Inflexitarian

Had my first official stood up experience tonight. Had a bad vibe from the guy anyway, though he's asking for a second chance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:39 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Sorry Jill! That really sucks. Did he offer a decent explanation for it? I think unless there's a true emergency, that sort of behavior doesn't merit a second chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 241  Next